College Football Uniforms 2010-2011

Brave-Bird 08

For some reason lemichael james helmet looks different, is it a new type of helmet? It just doesnt look like a regular revo speed helmet.

he's rockin the Schutt Ion helmet. same as Justin Tuck and Brandon Jacobs.

2011_ION_4D-600px.jpg

e474a734b4fe3d77ec1719ceaf5167cc-getty-98606167nl009_philadelphia_.jpg

ok, thanks, im just used to seeing james in a revo speed and in fact i think he switched back into one right before the game started because he is wearing one now.

No he's not he just has to more screws on the top of the speed where they are not normally located.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought Oregon looked great, personally. I mean, you can say that maybe they should have worn their school colors in such a big game... but this, as much as anything at this point, IS the schools identity. I love what Oregon does.

For what it's worth, I don't think this is a huge recruiting tool, but if a player is torn between two or three universities, I can definitely seeing Nike's influence on these schools making a difference. Between the uniforms and the style of play, it just looks like a "fun" program to be a part of that's given first crack at the latest innovations in equipment technology. You don't think that's going to have any effect on recruiting? Maybe not a huge one, but I think it's effect is still there. To kind of support Lights Out's point.

http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/news?slug=txt25bcsflashyuniforms

“Being the University of Nike, essentially, we get a lot of cool stuff. A lot of new stuff all the time. It’s definitely a recruiting tool,” Oregon receiver Jeff Maehl said. “When I was coming up on a recruiting trip, they showed me all the different jerseys and told me about the 100 different uniform combinations.”

IUe6Hvh.png

I thought Oregon looked great, personally. I mean, you can say that maybe they should have worn their school colors in such a big game... but this, as much as anything at this point, IS the schools identity. I love what Oregon does.

For what it's worth, I don't think this is a huge recruiting tool, but if a player is torn between two or three universities, I can definitely seeing Nike's influence on these schools making a difference. Between the uniforms and the style of play, it just looks like a "fun" program to be a part of that's given first crack at the latest innovations in equipment technology. You don't think that's going to have any effect on recruiting? Maybe not a huge one, but I think it's effect is still there. To kind of support Lights Out's point.

http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/news?slug=txt25bcsflashyuniforms

“Being the University of Nike, essentially, we get a lot of cool stuff. A lot of new stuff all the time. It’s definitely a recruiting tool,” Oregon receiver Jeff Maehl said. “When I was coming up on a recruiting trip, they showed me all the different jerseys and told me about the 100 different uniform combinations.”

I doubt, however, that he heard about the 100 different uniform combinations and went "sold!"

Better equipment? A chance to try out innovative* technologies before everyone else? The fact that the school's facilities will always be top notch because of the Nike money? Sure. The uniform combinations? I doubt any recruit who's serious about his future as a football player would make his final decision of where to play university ball based on the uniforms.

Now I'm sure the uniforms do factor in ever so slightly with some recruits, but for every recruit that wants to look "rad" or "hot" in an Oregon Nike uniform there's one that wants to play in Michigan or Notre Dame's classic sets.

As for Oregon's look? They have the rest of the season to play dress up and pretend that they're a charcoal, carbon, grey and highlighter yellow team. For the National Championship game, the biggest game in their program's history, however? They should have worn school colours. They looked like Team Nike, not like the Ducks of the University of Oregon. They looked awful. Glad they didn't win, and that a team that looked the part won it all.

*innovative, it should be noted, does not always mean successful.

For some reason lemichael james helmet looks different, is it a new type of helmet? It just doesnt look like a regular revo speed helmet.

he's rockin the Schutt Ion helmet. same as Justin Tuck and Brandon Jacobs.

2011_ION_4D-600px.jpg

e474a734b4fe3d77ec1719ceaf5167cc-getty-98606167nl009_philadelphia_.jpg

ok, thanks, im just used to seeing james in a revo speed and in fact i think he switched back into one right before the game started because he is wearing one now.

No he's not he just has to more screws on the top of the speed where they are not normally located.

He actually did switch helmets for game time, he wore the first one pictured before the start of the game but switched back to his regular helmet for the actual game. I think the one in the first picture i posted is the new Revolution 360 helmet that cyclone was talking about because is sure isnt the revo speed or the ion.

0617aabaa480813d7c18a8006219daae-getty-105957167mw018_tostitos_bcs.jpg

james-1.png

james-1.png

While one side of me sees these uniforms as "cool as s**t"...the other side of me says anyone could just as soon take a pair of scissors to a roll of duck(!) tape, find him/herself a white tee, tape on the cutouts, trace it with the highlighter, and BAM!--instant Duck attire.

(Of course...might that have been part of Nike's master plan all along?? :suspect: )

One other thing...didn't notice the flywire thing going on in the collars until just now. Nice little touch.

fake edit #2: upon closer inspection...it appears the "O" decals on those helmets does NOT match Nike's special highlighter color on the rest of the uniform--not even the nose bumper on the helmet. Appears to be the same "lightning" yellow decals from the regular season. Hmmm...might we have ourselves a little Nike uniform "malfliction" here??

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

james-1.png

Yea, those two helmets there, are definitely different.

Just look at the holes and contour of the helmet. If that doesn't sell it, look at the chinstrap snaps and placement of the logo.

I didn't know there was another helmet.

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

james-1.png

Yea, those two helmets there, are definitely different.

Just look at the holes and contour of the helmet. If that doesn't sell it, look at the chinstrap snaps and placement of the logo.

I didn't know there was another helmet.

in addition notice that there are no fasteners by the nose bumper on the 1st pic...they are way out on the upper corners near the chin strap snaps

It's stuff like "Fast," "Hard" and "WTD."

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

james-1.png

Just so we are clear... top pic is the Riddell Revolution Speed 360. Bottom is your standard Riddell Revolution Speed. According to my rep at Riddell "It's a new version of the Speed that was unveiled this past weekend. All facemask attachments are quick release. And instead of the mask attachment above the eyes, its by the temples."

StadiumSig.gif

Dose Effexor Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Effexor To Prozac I Taper Off buy cheap effexor online Morning Sickness And Effexor Effexor Controlled Substance Circumoral Paresthesia Nexium Bad Does Nexium Cause Cough Buy Synthroid Online Now Discount Tickets For Premarin Clomid Proviron Or Nolvadex Nexium Pris Taking Clomid Pravachol Nexium Actos Phentermine Tamiflu Buy Proscar Online Usa Proscar For Prostatitis Nolvadex Without Iui Effexor Deals Nolvadex D 20 Mg Tamoxifen Citrate Raloxifene No Prescription Buy Nolvadex Online Effexor Blood Pressure Should Nexium And Digestion Proton Pump Nexium Besser Als Delix Nexium Store Buy Premarin Online No Prescription Canada Effexor Guayama Ireland Effexor Stopping St John's Wort Nexium Cause Weight Gain Nexium And Sleep Pepcid Buy Nexium Online Overnight Effexor And Prilosec Proscar Hair Cloning Celexa Vs Effexor Lexapro

• 2 weeks later...

Dose Effexor Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Effexor To Prozac I Taper Off buy cheap effexor online Morning Sickness And Effexor Effexor Controlled Substance Circumoral Paresthesia Nexium Bad Does Nexium Cause Cough Buy Synthroid Online Now Discount Tickets For Premarin Clomid Proviron Or Nolvadex Nexium Pris Taking Clomid Pravachol Nexium Actos Phentermine Tamiflu Buy Proscar Online Usa Proscar For Prostatitis Nolvadex Without Iui Effexor Deals Nolvadex D 20 Mg Tamoxifen Citrate Raloxifene No Prescription Buy Nolvadex Online Effexor Blood Pressure Should Nexium And Digestion Proton Pump Nexium Besser Als Delix Nexium Store Buy Premarin Online No Prescription Canada Effexor Guayama Ireland Effexor Stopping St John's Wort Nexium Cause Weight Gain Nexium And Sleep Pepcid Buy Nexium Online Overnight Effexor And Prilosec Proscar Hair Cloning Celexa Vs Effexor Lexapro

Wow...I had no idea Oregon's helmet had that on the stripe. Impressive that they squeezed it all on.

87Redskins.png

Archived