College Football Uniforms 2010-2011

Brave-Bird 08

on the new teambuilder, which was put up yesterday I believe, the UCLA uniforms are different.

Baby blue home with gold numbers and white trim.

White road with navy numbers and gold trim, much like they were around 2003.

I'd welcome this.

Neuheisel is kind of a douchebag, but this sounds like a change he would press for instead of the navy home unis.

Baby Blue and Gold with Navy accents is simply beautiful. The fact that they would even think of eliminating the baby blue as the home jersey is disturbing to me. Other than UNC what other college is most associated with a light blue color other than UCLA???? What are they thinking?

UCLA was not thinking as they just changed the shade of baby blue to "True Blue" in 2003-4 and clearly state what it is in their identity package/graphic standards. While it has taken longer for Athletics to make the full switch, if they were going to change to navy, it would have been made public.

I think there was a grad from another Pac-10 school on the project and did it to mess with you gamers. Remember, they are baby blue since they are a younger campus than Berkeley...a "baby campus".

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Add me to the fans of the new UA jerseys

I think the Pac 10 is looking the best its looked in a while. Aside from ASU we have a pretty good looking conference.

I actually really like ASU's uniforms. You cant really see the black trim, and i love the template.

I think the Pac 10 is looking the best its looked in a while. Aside from ASU we have a pretty good looking conference.

Depending on how you felt about Oregon--you either love 'em or hate 'em!--would really determine whether people thought the Pac-10 looked good or not. But I do think it would be an interesting debate on here to see who people thought was the best looking conference.

My vote would probably have to go to the Big Ten, even excluding Nebraska. Great looking teams like Michigan, Ohio St., and Penn St. combined with the solids looks of Iowa (sure they're Steelers' inspired, but then again couldn't the same be said about Georgia and Green Bay?), Purdue, and Northwestern make it a good looking conference imho.

edit- I forgot to mention Wisconsin, despite their obvious similarities to Nebraska, to the list of solid looking teams.

Depending on how you felt about Oregon--you either love 'em or hate 'em!--would really determine whether people thought the Pac-10 looked good or not. But I do think it would be an interesting debate on here to see who people thought was the best looking conference.

I'll save you the curiosity--that "debate" would very quickly degenerate into one big homererotic slurping & bashing session.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

I'll save you the curiosity--that "debate" would very quickly degenerate into one big homererotic slurping & bashing session.

Yeah, I guess hoping for a civil debate about something on here is probably asking for too much.

Unfortunate A&M altered their uni's. The'09 versions were probably my favorite behind Auburns.

Anyone have a top 5 favorite list?

As of 2009 uniforms, mine would be:

1) Auburn - I like that they don't modify at all through the years. Steel blue and orange w/ consistent striping is very nice. ('Cuse is a notch below).

2) Texas A&M - really like the grey outline on the numbering. The school name font and position is excellent. The 'aTm' logo is outstanding. Best maroon uni's in the country ahead of VT & ASU.

3) Purdue - black/gold combo looks good on just about any team (CU, Wake, Vandy), but Purdue's logo along w/ the black bottoms puts them on top.

4) Pitt - well laid out design, especially the khaki on dark blue combo w/ white trim. Looks really good on gamedays.

5) Stanford - After losing the black accent, the Cardinal look really sharp. My fave is the all-white roadies. Bama has virtually identical design, but the white helmet provides a nice contrast with the red jersey.

honorable mention

Michigan - home uniforms have always been attractive. The striping on the aways are slowly growing on me. I can undertand the need to diversify with one set.

Outback_Bowl_8d21.jpg

Jerrod+Johnson.jpg

purdueosu1.jpg

Dion-Lewis3.JPG

Stanford+v+USC+0fIqgHc3Cwyl.jpg

Unfortunate A&M altered their uni's. The'09 versions were probably my favorite behind Auburns.

Good list, here's mine.

1. LSU- Huge bias here, but yeah, nothing is prettier to me than the home whites.

2. Florida St.- Love the helmets

3. Georgia- Hate these guys, but they have a gorgeous set of uniforms.

4. UL Lafayette- Can't beat the custom number font.

5. North Texas- The green and black combo just pops to me.

Maybe not, I'm an Ohio State and Big Ten fan but my vote would go to The SEC.

BB52Big.jpg

The Pac 12's uniforms are horrible with the exception of 3 teams UCLA,USC and Stanford. Washington's unis would be nice if they went back to their look from their glory days.

What? How much is this different from the 1990's?

alg_jake_locker.jpg

What do you want? Purple helmets?

As of 2009 uniforms, mine would be:

1) Auburn - I like that they don't modify at all through the years. Steel blue and orange w/ consistent striping is very nice. ('Cuse is a notch below).

There were a few years in the 90s where Auburn wore an orange drop-shadow with their numbers (Terry ripping off brother Tommy's design at Clemson). However, the drop shadow was scrapped when Tubs came in.

144961615_4acdaafb61_o.jpg

There were a few years in the 90s where Auburn wore an orange drop-shadow with their numbers (Terry ripping off brother Tommy's design at Clemson). However, the drop shadow was scrapped when Tubs came in.

Think you've got that backwards. Auburn had the drop shadow already in 1997, Tommy didn't become Clemson head coach until 1999:

81429512.jpg?v=1&c=NewsMaker&k=2&d=77BFBA49EF8789215ABF3343C02EA5480EFC182D0EC34912F7B6A78CBF29A8A9155595AFA933813B

Think you've got that backwards. Auburn had the drop shadow already in 1997, Tommy didn't become Clemson head coach until 1999:

81429512.jpg?v=1&c=NewsMaker&k=2&d=77BFBA49EF8789215ABF3343C02EA5480EFC182D0EC34912F7B6A78CBF29A8A9155595AFA933813B

That's right. I forgot Tommy was still at Tulane when Terry started at Auburn. However, the drop-shadow was too coincedental. I think that Tulane used drop-shadow when Tommy was there, though.

Are there any other pics of A&M's new uniforms, and will they still be wearing the maroon or gray pants?

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Are there any other pics of A&M's new uniforms, and will they still be wearing the maroon or gray pants?

Post #305 has two photos, both with white pants. The striping has been deleted which I believe is a setback.

I think in the NFL only the Rams and Jaguars have no stripes on the pants. It really is a staple of a football uniform.

Post #305 has two photos, both with white pants. The striping has been deleted which I believe is a setback.

I think in the NFL only the Rams and Jaguars have no stripes on the pants. It really is a staple of a football uniform.

Actually, the Rams and Jags have stripes. The Rams gold pants have been MIA. The Saints, Browns, and Ravens have sets with no stripes. But NFL and College are two completely different animals when it comes to uniforms

Archived