College Football Uniforms 2010-2011

Brave-Bird 08

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's right. I forgot Tommy was still at Tulane when Terry started at Auburn. However, the drop-shadow was too coincedental. I think that Tulane used drop-shadow when Tommy was there, though.

Eh, I think you're over-thinking this. Drop shadows were pretty trendy in the late 90s.

Are there any other pics of A&M's new uniforms, and will they still be wearing the maroon or gray pants?

Post #305 has two photos, both with white pants. The striping has been deleted which I believe is a setback.

Yeah, I saw that image on another forum, from which I was directed here. I'm wondering if there are any other pictures, since I'm gonna need to update A&M's uniforms for Wikipedia.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

I posted this last year and it is accurate, the 2010 K-State uniforms will resemble (everything will look the same) as the 1989-2006 uniforms. When Coach Snyder came back, the Nike contract for the uniforms ran thru 2009. KSU is still Nike, but the Snyder Style uniforms return this season. There is a blog from the spring game on K-State sports site and the uniform change is discussed.

There were a few years in the 90s where Auburn wore an orange drop-shadow with their numbers (Terry ripping off brother Tommy's design at Clemson). However, the drop shadow was scrapped when Tubs came in.

Sacker, now I recall back in the late '90s just about every Nike team implemented the drop shadow. Didn't think Auburn had it due to them being with Russell Athletic for the longest.

Looked pretty good on UNC if any of 'em.

team.jpg

mcnabb_college.jpg

ronald-curry.jpg

hines-ward-georgia-16x20-photo_7e02f3dfb651d388acb7218f434a959e.jpg

There were a few years in the 90s where Auburn wore an orange drop-shadow with their numbers (Terry ripping off brother Tommy's design at Clemson). However, the drop shadow was scrapped when Tubs came in.

Sacker, now I recall back in the late '90s just about every Nike team implemented the drop shadow. Didn't think Auburn had it due to them being with Russell Athletic for the longest.

mcnabb_college.jpg

ronald-curry.jpg

Clemson, North Carolina, and Syracuse should all go back to those sets. Beautiful.

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

That trim on the UVA jersey looks like something the lacrosse team would wear I feel

As for the Orange, of course they still have yet to release the new uniforms because they always have to make it after EA's NCAA game comes out so there's no possible way of it making the game, but word on the street is that they're going to a cleaner look with minimal striping and also supposedly some piping on the sides. It would be great if they would unveil these jerseys, I don't know, much earlier like every other freakin' school in the nation (hell I wouldn't be surprised if Colgate and Cornell and Cortland unveil theirs before Syracuse in the area), but as for now I guess we have to stay tuned :P

ffMc5dZ.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29

That trim on the UVA jersey looks like something the lacrosse team would wear I feel

As for the Orange, of course they still have yet to release the new uniforms because they always have to make it after EA's NCAA game comes out so there's no possible way of it making the game, but word on the street is that they're going to a cleaner look with minimal striping and also supposedly some piping on the sides. It would be great if they would unveil these jerseys, I don't know, much earlier like every other freakin' school in the nation (hell I wouldn't be surprised if Colgate and Cornell and Cortland unveil theirs before Syracuse in the area), but as for now I guess we have to stay tuned :P

virginia already released their uniform

virginia_unis_2010.jpg

And they look like the most boring possible jersey you could make on EA TeamBuilder.

I disagree. The simplistic direction that Arizona, Clemson and Virginia have taken looks really good for all three.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Clemson at least has a unique color scheme, and Arizona now has that red/white/blue motif going on. Virginia has nothing cool or interesting in this new look - it just looks like a fill tool extravaganza with an overused orange-and-blue color scheme. They also now look like Syracuse minus the shoulder stripes.

Traditionalists will argue that it's nice and simple and football uniforms "only fill a purpose" but that's garbage. The point of all sports uniforms (regardless of sport) is to create an interesting, unique, and easily-identifiable look for a team, and Virginia stopped doing that as soon as they got rid of that trim on their uniforms years ago.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

virginia already released their uniform

virginia_unis_2010.jpg

I was talking about Syracuse when I said the Orange, sorry for the confusion

ffMc5dZ.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29

mcnabb_college.jpg

they really do need to get rid of their crappy retro nonsense and go back to these beauties

interesting sentence there

kCkLFSX.pngWGUTHKC.pngnbweR1j.png

ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ

Firstly, the current rendition of Syracuse's uni's are quite attractive. Looking at Harper's sig above me shows how well the orange and blue go together. I don't believe Illinois, UVA, or UTEP can pull it off as cleanly as the Orange. I wonder where the desire to revamp them came from?

Lights Out - thanks for the old UVA jersey pic. The home blue is outstanding. They must have some history behind them since they were probably worn in 1995 (FSU game). As for their currents....metallic helmet with matte pants will have a lot to be desired I'm afraid.

team.jpg

mcnabb_college.jpg

ronald-curry.jpg

hines-ward-georgia-16x20-photo_7e02f3dfb651d388acb7218f434a959e.jpg

One more late '90s Nike drop shadow--BYU (and unnecessary addition of black trim):

steve-sarkisian.jpgitula-mili.jpg

Visit my store on REDBUBBLE

One more late '90s Nike drop shadow--BYU (and unnecessary addition of black trim):

And yet another. Let's see how many we can scrum up.

KoyDetmer.jpg

Hmm...I know one of the Detmers must've played pro ball...was it Koy or Ty...can't remember.

Archived