College Football Uniforms 2010-2011

Brave-Bird 08

Here are pics of some of the new Northwestern set:

4933222292_6e836ae534.jpg

New_NU_FB_Uniforms_(2010)

The jerseys are reminiscent of those worn in the early 90's, which is great because that's when I became a fan. There will also be a black jersey and purple pants. Based solely on this pic I'd say this set is a huge upgrade from what's been worn over the last ten years or so.

Hmmm - based on the new helmet stripes for Louisville and Charlie Strong's desire to have a more "traditional" look I suspect that the Cardinals will have something similar to this next year. Since that type of stripe pattern is called "Northwestern Stripes" it makes sense for Northwestern to have that design exclusively from adidas this year.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

TCU's looks just like last season's Pro Combat, it just looks like they added the frog skin texture to the numbers as well.

Unless that was there before and I just didn't notice.

I loved last season's, and therefore I love this season's Pro Combat for TCU.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

I doubt Nike would ever convince Bama to wear anything but crimson or white. But then again, I didn't ever foresee VaTech coming out with black, either.

Lol. VPI's tradition compared to Alabama? VPI can come out with different sets as their unrefined colors (orange & maroon??) permit it.

I don't believe teams like LSU, Bama, Texas, USC, Penn State, Michigan etc would ever add black to their sets.

Anyone see a difference in Bama and Stanford's uni's outside the helmets?

Not criticizing; I just appreciate their simplicity.

And, that happened.

Seems like "uniform design" and "what will sell to today's generation of customer" is an increasingly more difficult combination to do properly.

You almost want to call VT the "Whore-kies" for agreeing to wear those fusterclucks on national TV.

natsred.pngredskins.pngmaryland.pngcapitals.png

Man I am out of loop... I guess just have not seen them yet...

CU should be releasing their new Throwback officially sometime soon, right. It would make sense.

What do you mean, exactly? They've had the news conference announcing the throwbacks, and replica jerseys are for sale at Eastbay and FootballFanatics.

Just got this in an email today from the university:

Seniors Show Off Throwback Jerseys At Photo Day

IFANJHQVAGFKLDZ.20100822014834.jpg

It looks like the Buffs will probably wear the new helmets with the current athletic logo. In a video from the photo day, I snagged this screenshot which shows the players wearing gold pants with the current athletic interlocking CU on it - something tells me this is indicative of the helmet design as well:

cubuffsthrowbacks_logo1.jpg

I wish they go back to those full time. those teams with bill mccartney were awesome.

tigersallstars092.png

steelcurtain.png

Archived