College Football Uniforms 2010-2011

Brave-Bird 08

But you can't just have one helmet.

I remember when you couldn't have more than one. That was, what, 2005? Man, waaaaaay back.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What in the hell is that VT jersey supposed to be?

1) Black isn't one of their colors.

2) Weird number gradient that looks like a computer processor. I think it is actually VT logos, however.

3) Numbers trimmed in silver, add that to the list of non-school colors.

4) Shoulder loops with a built in gradient.

5) They look like :censored:e, which is reason enough to add this to the list.

I thought this round of Nike Pro Combats would be better than last go around, but this isn't a good start. Looks like garbage, and if I saw that without the VT logo on the collar then I wouldn't even think it is a VT jersey. Looks like a clown suit to me.

Also Lights Out, Alabama winning the NC this year...not gonna happen.

Agreed.

LOL, they have a better chance then Boise State, I honestly hope Boise and Bama play in the NC so y'all can be rocked by a real opponent, too bad Virgina Tech's going to ruin that possibility in the 1st game even if they are in those ugly uniforms.

Check out my new NFL 2016 Series!

Rumored Virginia Tech Pro Combat Jersey for the Boise State game on Monday September 6th, 2010 at FedEx Field in Maryland.

This is the replica.

Looks like all black.

BlackJersey.jpg

2) Weird number gradient that looks like a computer processor. I think it is actually VT logos, however.

I thought this round of Nike Pro Combats would be better than last go around, but this isn't a good start. Looks like garbage, and if I saw that without the VT logo on the collar then I wouldn't even think it is a VT jersey. Looks like a clown suit to me.

Over in the "Worst Modern Uniform Trends" thread, I pretty much spelled out my main source of ire in regards to today's trends by mentioning how schools are ever more willing to whore themselves out to the various apparel manufacturers, and the manufacturers themselves making the uniforms more about themselves than the actual schools the uniforms represent. This is a perfect example of what I was talking about.

It's the first game of the season. Big game, big stage. Perfect time to VA Tech to showcase itself to the nation--and they're going to run out of the tunnels in this? I'd venture to guess many folks up near Idaho, and probably west of the Mississippi (outside of this community) have probably never seen Virginia Tech before, much less know their school colors or logo. But when they tune in to that game, this is what they'll see. This may be their lasting impression of VA Tech. I can understand Nike wanting to showcase its, um, "creative talent"--but VA Tech really could've saved that for another home game later in the season.

That soliloquoy aside, as a whole that jersey looks like a hot mess. Can only imagine what the rest of the set looks like. Wouldn't surprise me one bit to see VT in maroon helmets and pants with this jersey.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Rumored Virginia Tech Pro Combat Jersey for the Boise State game on Monday September 6th, 2010 at FedEx Field in Maryland.

This is the replica.

Looks like all black.

BlackJersey.jpg

Hooooooly Jesus, this is a mistake. I've liked the modern design they've had for the past couple seasons, and I liked last year's checkerboard gradient numbers for their Pro Combat jersey, but this is astoundingly awful. It looks like a minor league baseball team got paid to have a "Transformers 3" theme night.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

This is the replica.

Looks like all black.

BlackJersey.jpg

Over in the "Worst Modern Uniform Trends" thread, I pretty much spelled out my main source of ire in regards to today's trends by mentioning how schools are ever more willing to whore themselves out to the various apparel manufacturers, and the manufacturers themselves making the uniforms more about themselves than the actual schools the uniforms represent. This is a perfect example of what I was talking about.

It's the first game of the season. Big game, big stage. Perfect time to VA Tech to showcase itself to the nation--and they're going to run out of the tunnels in this? I'd venture to guess many folks up near Idaho, and probably west of the Mississippi (outside of this community) have probably never seen Virginia Tech before, much less know their school colors or logo. But when they tune in to that game, this is what they'll see. This may be their lasting impression of VA Tech. I can understand Nike wanting to showcase its, um, "creative talent"--but VA Tech really could've saved that for another home game later in the season.

That soliloquoy aside, as a whole that jersey looks like a hot mess. Can only imagine what the rest of the set looks like. Wouldn't surprise me one bit to see VT in maroon helmets and pants with this jersey.

Alumni are pissed. Actually rumor is Black Helmets, Black Pants. to go with that monstrosity. Oh well its a one game deal, much like the white outs last year. The one good thing is our full time set this year is the Throwback Maroon and White sets we sported in a few games last year, with the UCLA Shoulder stripes, and pants with Stripes down the side. But then Nike goes and pulls this crap....... Also VT will sport White Helmets against teams with Dark Lids and the Traditional Maroon Helmets with Teams wearing White Helmets. Hello Oregon of the East.

They are switching to the throwback set? That is awesome, those are some of my favorite uniforms in College football.

LOL, Boise has a better chance than Alabama, I honestly hope Boise and Bama play in the NC so y'all can be rocked by a real opponent, too bad Alabama's going to ruin that possibility throughout the season now that half their defense is gone.

Fixed again. :D

It doesn't matter Bama's defense is still more talented the Boise State's. Plus, Alabama has almost its whole offense returning including the Heisman winner, a RB even better then him, a QB that hasn't lost since the 8th grade, and a 5 star WR recruit that is finnaly healthy. Boise also doesn't play in the SEC (the best conference in the country), they play in the WAC which is full of competition like New Mexico State and Idaho, man they are 10 times better the LSU and Florida.

It doesn't matter Bama's defense is still more talented the Boise State's. Plus, Alabama has almost its whole offense returning including the Heisman winner, a RB even better then him, a QB that hasn't lost since the 8th grade, and a 5 star WR recruit that is finnaly healthy. Boise also doesn't play in the SEC (the best conference in the country), they play in the WAC which is full of competition like New Mexico State and Idaho, man they are 10 times better the LSU and Florida.

Boise is returning 22 of 24 starters from their undefeated season last year. They have Kellen Moore, a Heisman candidate, at quarterback. They also have Austin Pettis and Titus Young, forming one of the best proven wideout tandems in the country. Jeremy Avery is no pushover at running back, and the Boise defense is as physical as ever and looks great. As far as conference talent goes, it's not Boise's fault that New Mexico State and Idaho suck, it's those schools' faults. It's also not Boise's fault that a tradition conference like the SEC won't take them on. Alabama has more depth and a wealth of 5-star recruits but that's easy to get when you're a tradition school and you can pay boosters under the table to solicit the recruits.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

If Chris Petersen wins a national title with Boise State (which is very possible this year), I think he ought to be considered the greatest college coach of all time because he'll have done so much with so little compared to the tradition schools. But I digress.

What has he done? He's gone undefeated at Boise, which probably means he's a pretty good coach. But remember that Dan Hawkins went 36-3 at Boise from 2002-04, and he's not exactly lighting the world on fire now that he's in a major conference. In the last five years, Boise really only has a few victories against quality BCS-caliber competition - Oregon the past two years and Oklahoma. I know that it's difficult for Boise to schedule difficult competition, so I'm not blaming them, but the fact of the matter is that they usually have one game per season that even approaches the difficulty of a middling BCS conference team, and if they win that they're home free. Have Michigan, Tennessee, Oklahoma State, or Cal from last year play Boise's schedule, and they would have had a pretty good shot at going undefeated too.

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

Boise is returning 22 of 24 starters from their undefeated season last year. They have Kellen Moore, a Heisman candidate, at quarterback. They also have Austin Pettis and Titus Young, forming one of the best proven wideout tandems in the country. Jeremy Avery is no pushover at running back, and the Boise defense is as physical as ever and looks great. As far as conference talent goes, it's not Boise's fault that New Mexico State and Idaho suck, it's those schools' faults. It's also not Boise's fault that a tradition conference like the SEC won't take them on. Alabama has more depth and a wealth of 5-star recruits but that's easy to get when you're a tradition school and you can pay boosters under the table to solicit the recruits.

The Booster thing happened like 8 years ago, it doesn't happen now, Saban is just a great coach. Alabama wasn't getting the recruits they get now before he came. And yeah Boise went undefeated playing teams like New Mexico State and Idaho, sure they got one good win in against Oregon in the 1st game of the season, and they beat TCU who is also a non-BCS team. But other then that they played no one. Alabama played Virgina Tech, South Carolina, Arkansas, LSU, Ole Miss, Tennessee, Auburn, and Florida. 5 of those teams are starting out ranked this year, and all of those teams except for Arkansas were ranked at one point last season. And Kellen Moore will never win the Heisman, he's not even the best QB in the NCAA, if Colt Brennan didn't win then Moore should not. ESPN said Alabama has the hardest schedule this season, where as Boise State has the 2nd easiest. Boise plays bad teams and thinks just because they beat Oklahoma 4 years ago that they should be a National Championships. If they get lucky enough to get in this season and they have to play Alabama or any SEC school they will get destroyed.

The Booster thing happened like 8 years ago, it doesn't happen now, Saban is just a great coach.

And he'll be a "great coach" (your words, not mine) in Ann Arbor in a couple years when he decides he's bored with Alabama and throws them under the bus.

And yeah Boise went undefeated playing teams like New Mexico State and Idaho, sure they got one good win in against Oregon in the 1st game of the season, and they beat TCU who is also a non-BCS team. But other then that they played no one.

Boise doesn't really have a choice because no tradition schools want to play them. I'd love for Alabama or any other SEC school to do a home-and-home with Boise at some point but it's never going to happen. They don't want to risk becoming the next 2006 Oklahoma.

Alabama played Virgina Tech, South Carolina, Arkansas, LSU, Ole Miss, Tennessee, Auburn, and Florida. 5 of those teams are starting out ranked this year, and all of those teams except for Arkansas were ranked at one point last season.

They also played Florida International, North Texas, and Tennessee-Chattanooga. Real juggernauts there. :rolleyes: All of those teams you listed except for VT are SEC teams - they had to play them. So that argument doesn't exactly hold water.

ESPN said Alabama has the hardest schedule this season, where as Boise State has the 2nd easiest. Boise plays bad teams and thinks just because they beat Oklahoma 4 years ago that they should be a National Championships. If they get lucky enough to get in this season and they have to play Alabama or any SEC school they will get destroyed.

Again, you're assuming that Boise actually has a choice in their strength of schedule. Boise's athletic director is constantly saying he'd love to play tradition schools on a regular basis but the tradition schools never even consider that.

As far as the whole "getting destroyed" thing, Boise was supposedly going to be destroyed by Oklahoma in the Fiesta Bowl, and we all know how that turned out.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

The Booster thing happened like 8 years ago, it doesn't happen now, Saban is just a great coach.

And he'll be a "great coach" (your words, not mine) in Ann Arbor in a couple years when he decides he's bored with Alabama and throws them under the bus.

And yeah Boise went undefeated playing teams like New Mexico State and Idaho, sure they got one good win in against Oregon in the 1st game of the season, and they beat TCU who is also a non-BCS team. But other then that they played no one.

Boise doesn't really have a choice because no tradition schools want to play them. I'd love for Alabama or any other SEC school to do a home-and-home with Boise at some point but it's never going to happen. They don't want to risk becoming the next 2006 Oklahoma.

Alabama played Virgina Tech, South Carolina, Arkansas, LSU, Ole Miss, Tennessee, Auburn, and Florida. 5 of those teams are starting out ranked this year, and all of those teams except for Arkansas were ranked at one point last season.

They also played Florida International, North Texas, and Tennessee-Chattanooga. Real juggernauts there. :rolleyes: All of those teams you listed except for VT are SEC teams - they had to play them. So that argument doesn't exactly hold water.

ESPN said Alabama has the hardest schedule this season, where as Boise State has the 2nd easiest. Boise plays bad teams and thinks just because they beat Oklahoma 4 years ago that they should be a National Championships. If they get lucky enough to get in this season and they have to play Alabama or any SEC school they will get destroyed.

Again, you're assuming that Boise actually has a choice in their strength of schedule. Boise's athletic director is constantly saying he'd love to play tradition schools on a regular basis but the tradition schools never even consider that.

As far as the whole "getting destroyed" thing, Boise was supposedly going to be destroyed by Oklahoma in the Fiesta Bowl, and we all know how that turned out.

That happened 4 or 5 years ago, a completely different team, and Oklahoma isn't as good as Alabama or Florida (we found that out in 09). And your saying you don't think Saban is a good Coach? He turned Alabama around in 3 years, they were heading downhill before he got here, and what does Michigan have to offer that Bama doesn't? Nothing. He's not leaving for another school anytime soon. And as far as the schedule thing, Alabama played 3 bad teams, where as Boise played 2 ranked teams all year last year (one of those being a Bowl game), 11 of there conference games are teams that SEC schools schedule to be cupcake games, all of those teams are just as bad as FIU, and North Texas. Plus when Alabama is in the SEC, and they play tough competition every week, they should get to have a couple easy games, I mean Boise State gets easy games every week. Boise State needs to try harder to play traditional schools or someone thats actually good, the funny thing is last time they played a SEC school they killed 48-13.

[quote name='Buc' date='August 28, 2010 - 14:28' timestamp='1283030935' post='1382580

It's the first game of the season. Big game, big stage. Perfect time to VA Tech to showcase itself to the nation--and they're going to run out of the tunnels in this? I'd venture to guess many folks up near Idaho, and probably west of the Mississippi (outside of this community) have probably never seen Virginia Tech before, much less know their school colors or logo. But when they tune in to that game, this is what they'll see.

Do you really think people in Idaho are that cut off from the world? Do you think that no one outside of Virginia knows what Virginia Tech's colors are. VaTech has been on the national stage and in bowl games for about 20 years now. People know. Ever heard of something called ESPN? People know. Especially people in Boise who follow the Broncos know VaTech's colors. Stop thinking the only people who know anything about sports or uniforms/colors reside here.

Archived