College Football Uniforms 2010-2011

Brave-Bird 08

Boise State needs to try harder to play traditional schools or someone thats actually good, the funny thing is last time they played a SEC school they killed 48-13.

"Try harder"? Seriously? Boise State tries the hardest they can, they say every year that they want to play tradition teams and they try to work agreements out, but very few teams actually want to play them. You obviously have no clue how scheduling works in college football.

The last time Boise played an SEC school, they weren't even close to being as good as they are now. Petersen wasn't the coach then, too. Different era, different results.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Boise State needs to try harder to play traditional schools or someone thats actually good, the funny thing is last time they played a SEC school they killed 48-13.

"Try harder"? Seriously? Boise State tries the hardest they can, they say every year that they want to play tradition teams and they try to work agreements out, but very few teams actually want to play them. You obviously have no clue how scheduling works in college football.

The last time Boise played an SEC school, they weren't even close to being as good as they are now. Petersen wasn't the coach then, too. Different era, different results.

Your right, Hawkins didn't do anything at Boise State to make them a good team, he just went 53-11 in 5 seasons there. But it was Peterson who built this program all by himself :rolleyes:

Check out my new NFL 2016 Series!

In a way, it was Petersen that really built this program. It was Petersen that coached them to wins over Oklahoma, Oregon twice, and TCU, building up their standing in the college football world.

He took over a 2006 team that was Hawkins, all of those guys were Hawking's recruits. You act like Petersen's a god for taking over a good team in a crappy conference and winning games with them. Its just like whitedawg said earlier, Hawkins hasn't been that good of a coach in a real conference, Petersen probably wouldn't do much better himself. Nick Saban took over a 6-6 Alabama team, and got them back on top in 3 seasons in the SEC. But apparently Petersen is the best coach ever just because he can go undefeated with a recycled team in the WAC.

In a way, it was Petersen that really built this program. It was Petersen that coached them to wins over Oklahoma, Oregon twice, and TCU, building up their standing in the college football world.

Saying Chris Petersen built Boise is like saying Larry Coker built the most recent Miami national championship team (of course, Petersen's done a much better job maintaining that level than Coker did...).

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

I only said Petersen should be considered among the all-time greats if he wins a national championship with Boise. Even you have to admit that it would be a Herculean achievement considering how difficult it is for non-AQ teams to get recruits.

The thing is it's not going to happen, thats what I said that made you decide to fire back and say Boise State's as good as Alabama and Petersen's a better coach then Saban. Which he isn't as I stated in the last post, you said Saban isn't a good coach but he actually built the Alabama team he has now, Petersen just coached Hawkins players in 06, and got famous for beating Oklahoma. Until Boise State plays an SEC team like Alabama or Florida, I'm not going to believe for one second they are as good. Its just like the 07 Hawai'i team that everyone bitched about not making the NC and they got their :censored: beat by Georgia in the Sugar Bowl.

I only said Petersen should be considered among the all-time greats if he wins a national championship with Boise. Even you have to admit that it would be a Herculean achievement considering how difficult it is for non-AQ teams to get recruits.

The thing is it's not going to happen, thats what I said that made you decide to fire back and say Boise State's as good as Alabama and Petersen's a better coach then Saban. Which he isn't as I stated in the last post, you said Saban isn't a good coach but he actually built the Alabama team he has now, Petersen just coached Hawkins players in 06, and got famous for beating Oklahoma. Until Boise State plays an SEC team like Alabama or Florida, I'm not going to believe for one second they are as good. Its just like the 07 Hawai'i team that everyone bitched about not making the NC and they got their :censored: beat by Georgia in the Sugar Bowl.

hahahahaahha come on he didnt really say that did he?

No, I didn't. But I guess someone's taken a few liberties with what I was actually saying.

LOL, Boise has a better chance than Alabama, I honestly hope Boise and Bama play in the NC so y'all can be rocked by a real opponent, too bad Alabama's going to ruin that possibility throughout the season now that half their defense is gone.

Fixed again. :D

It doesn't matter Bama's defense is still more talented the Boise State's. Plus, Alabama has almost its whole offense returning including the Heisman winner, a RB even better then him, a QB that hasn't lost since the 8th grade, and a 5 star WR recruit that is finnaly healthy. Boise also doesn't play in the SEC (the best conference in the country), they play in the WAC which is full of competition like New Mexico State and Idaho, man they are 10 times better the LSU and Florida.

Boise is returning 22 of 24 starters from their undefeated season last year. They have Kellen Moore, a Heisman candidate, at quarterback. They also have Austin Pettis and Titus Young, forming one of the best proven wideout tandems in the country. Jeremy Avery is no pushover at running back, and the Boise defense is as physical as ever and looks great. As far as conference talent goes, it's not Boise's fault that New Mexico State and Idaho suck, it's those schools' faults. It's also not Boise's fault that a tradition conference like the SEC won't take them on. Alabama has more depth and a wealth of 5-star recruits but that's easy to get when you're a tradition school and you can pay boosters under the table to solicit the recruits.

The Booster thing happened like 8 years ago, it doesn't happen now, Saban is just a great coach.

And he'll be a "great coach" (your words, not mine) in Ann Arbor in a couple years when he decides he's bored with Alabama and throws them under the bus.

If Chris Petersen wins a national title with Boise State (which is very possible this year), I think he ought to be considered the greatest college coach of all time because he'll have done so much with so little compared to the tradition schools. But I digress.

Okay you didn't say it word for word but you certainly implied it, because your basically saying Saban's not a great coach, and you say Petersen built a program all by himself.

Wow, if that's the actual Pro Combat jersey for VT...it's HORRIBLE. I liked VTs from last year (for the most part). Why in the world would someone approve those jerseys?!

Nike has clout and as much as I hate to say it. Coach Beamer and the Athletic Director care about the program. So Nike keeps feeding money and Beamer will sign off on little stuff like this because A its not like it really tarnishes the image. For younger players who are coming up in the HS ranks who see these might think they are cool and want to play at the University. Thats the reason Beamer has stated before that Nike is good to them. He never really goes into great detail and he says if the kids like it then they will participate in Nike's campaigns. Obviously Nike is starting earlier with the Pro Combat stuff. Tech has tradition but it was built only in the past 20 years on the national stage. So yes we are wearing traditional Uniforms from when Coach Beamer played this year, Personally I love them. But.... I guess this Black jeresey and Pants deal will do for one game. I also have insider knowledge that the Helmet will be Black with the Virginia Tech Corp of Cadets shield on it.

HH

Bethune Cookman College has been known as "BBC", makes the helmet look crappy. The helmet logo makes it appear as "BC", "BBC", or even looking like a "BBBC". None of which are BBC.

Um, no. Bethune Cookman was known as BCC when it was Bethune Cookman College. It's know Bethune Cookman University and people call it BCU.

Athletic Director: KTU Blue Grassers Football

Archived