College Football Uniforms 2010-2011

Brave-Bird 08

Auburn and Tennessee fans hatin, talk to us when you get players as good as ours and a coach as good as Saban. And footballfiji if you haven't noticed Alabama doesn't let our players talk to agents, Saban has been doing just about everything he can to get agents in trouble for talking to our players. And if they brake promises to recruits then why do they keep coming? Oh thats right because they want to be apart of one of the best tradions in college football and WIN.

Check out my new NFL 2016 Series!

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^Both those teams could have beaten a Colt McCoy'less Texas team.

Just saying...

A colt mccoy-less Texas was down by only three pts with the ball, mid 4th quarter vs Alabama in the title game. What makes you think they couldn't have beaten Tennessee or Auburn?? Anyways...

Speaking of Texas, from practice photos this past week on their official site, it appears they have been wearing the pro combat pants worn only once last season (vs A&M). Below is a pic from last years A&M game and a link to a recent practice photo gallery.

93442657.jpg?v=1&c=NewsMaker&k=3&d=77BFBA49EF878921CC759DF4EBAC47D0CAFC3E2D8DB39A3F2FC980741F122A5C21C31B8DDF358D1C4E9C89C783688B46

Texas Longhorns official site

Auburn and Tennessee fans hatin,talk to us when you get players as good as ours and a coach as good as Saban. And footballfiji if you haven't noticed Alabama doesn't let our players talk to agents, Saban has been doing just about everything he can to get agents in trouble for talking to our players. And if they brake promises to recruits then why do they keep coming? Oh thats right because they want to be apart of one of the best tradions in college football and WIN.

1) There is no "hatin", there is just indifference.

2) Bull :censored::

All-America tackle barred from Sugar Bowl

Alabama junior offensive tackle Andre Smith has been suspended and will not play in the Allstate Sugar Bowl, Alabama coach Nick Saban said Monday. Sources told ESPN.com that Smith's suspension was related to improper dealings with an agent. Saban's statement on the matter said only that it was due to violation of team rules and policies

Marcell Dareus Under Scrutiny for Attending Agent's Party

Coach Nick Saban confirmed today that Alabama's defensive lineman Marcell Dareus is under investigation by the university for attending an agent's party in Miami earlier this summer. According to ESPN reporters Ivan Maisel and Mark Schlabach, multiple sources reported the infractions to ESPN last week and Saban said the university's compliance department was looking into it.

Not to play grammar natzi, but seriously reread what you just posted.

Yeah I know they talked to them but its their own fault, its not like Nick Saban said hey Andre, here is a NFL agent for you to go ahead and talk to so you can get your ass suspended, and you can get paid. Same with Dareus, if its pissing Saban off and he's trying to get agents in trouble for talking to College players then its not his or the University's fault. It is the players fault for making a bad choice and talking to the agent.

Check out my new NFL 2016 Series!

I'm not an Auburn or Tennessee fan, I'm a Boise State fan and I still hate Alabama. It's so frustrating watching Alabama and other unscrupulous schools like them bend and break the rules to get all the top recruits, leaving a good honest school like Boise with lesser players and scraps. It really is a testament to Chris Petersen's pure coaching ability that Boise can play with the big boys without the ability to recruit like the big boys.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

oh come on. Alabama doesnt bend and break recruiting. They are Alabama. Storied, traditional powers in the heart of the south will always be on top of the competition.

I love Boise State, and yes I think they are the best coached team in the country bc they do so much with so little. The performance in the Fiesta Bowl against Oklahoma was a prime example.

But Alabama will be Alabama and Boise will be the same old, blue collar Boise. It's just flat out more difficult to create a power in a less dense area like Boise, ID, and Boise has been able to prove that wrong with flying colors.

but you cant hate Bama or Florida for anything...unless of course ur a UGA fan like me.

Anyways...yeah...I wouldnt mind if the houndstooth collar was a full time thing on the bama uniforms...they should def use it in their pro combats.

oh come on. Alabama doesnt bend and break recruiting.

Again, Albert Means and Logan Young would disagree with you there... as would the NCAA, who almost gave them the full death penalty for that debacle.

They are Alabama. Storied, traditional powers in the heart of the south will always be on top of the competition.

That won't be true anymore when the scam that is the BCS is finally shut down and we get some form of a playoff system in there. Suddenly it will be all about winning multiple preseason games and I doubt a pampered school like Alabama or Ohio State will have the same chip on their shoulder and will to win as a constantly-screwed-over school like Boise State, TCU, or Utah. And with those signature playoff wins will come better recruiting and a new balance of power in the NCAA. But that's just my opinion on what will happen when the BCS finally gets shut down - it has to happen eventually.

I love Boise State, and yes I think they are the best coached team in the country bc they do so much with so little. The performance in the Fiesta Bowl against Oklahoma was a prime example.

Absolutely. Actually, I would rank our win over TCU this past season ahead of the win over Oklahoma in the signature win department. Oklahoma at least had the excuse that they weren't expecting Boise to hang with the big boys because they hadn't exactly proven themselves against ranked teams in the past. TCU also had a great team this past year and didn't have that excuse, so the fact that Boise beat them was huge.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

That was like 3 coaches ago guys we do it on the level now. Can't really say that about UT anymore after Lane Kiffin can we.

If by "on the level" you mean oversigning, letting players talk to agents, gray shirting, forcing transfers, inflating coaching staffs, reshifting positions and breaking promises to recruits, then yes, absolutely, all "on the level".

It's bending the rules just enough until you break them.

Well guys the agent talking was not a staff person at Alabama's fault that is the players fault. The other things you mentioned are not against the rules when they are against the rules it will stop. Stop be a hating Barner over there.

That was like 3 coaches ago guys we do it on the level now. Can't really say that about UT anymore after Lane Kiffin can we.

If by "on the level" you mean oversigning, letting players talk to agents, gray shirting, forcing transfers, inflating coaching staffs, reshifting positions and breaking promises to recruits, then yes, absolutely, all "on the level".

It's bending the rules just enough until you break them.

Well guys the agent talking was not a staff person at Alabama's fault that is the players fault. The other things you mentioned are not against the rules when they are against the rules it will stop. Stop be a hating Barner over there.

Bravo, it only took 2 posts to show your true colors. The most un-original putdown ever. I'm just glad the rest of the nation has a chance to see what makes Alabama fans so "special": The message board ranting, the holier-than-thou attitude, the unqualified bravado, the cheating and flagrant disregard for rules, the passing the buck (i.e. oh that wasn't the team...that was just a player on the team).

A Staff controls the players. A staff educates the players. As for oversigning? It IS against the rules.

CU should be releasing their new Throwback officially sometime soon, right. It would make sense.

What do you mean, exactly? They've had the news conference announcing the throwbacks, and replica jerseys are for sale at Eastbay and FootballFanatics.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Can we get back to talking about uniforms? Take the recruiting and other talk over to the college football thread.

We're SEC fans, we're incapable of letting a uniform discussion turn into anything other than a fight about Alabama cheating.

That said, I hate Alabama more than anything, and even I thought the houndstooth collar was an amazing addition and a great look for them.

I'm a Mississippi State fan, my favorite school is the closest one in the SEC to Alabama, and even I will tell you that Alabama gets the best recruits BECAUSE THEY'RE FREAKING ALABAMA. Anytime Alabama even begins to sniff success, they become a prime destination for the top recruits. They have the history, they have the tradition, they have consistently had good coaching, they have the fans, they have the atmosphere, they basically have everything that a powerhouse needs to be a top spot for recruits, and all of this is a draw to get great players.

I'm not gonna hate on Alabama because of what they do. If they do anything that's legitimately wrong, they will get hit by the NCAA (like they did earlier in the decade), and they'll get their just deserves. If I'd ever hate on Alabama it'd be because they win a lot, which is normally why people get mad at teams like that in the first place. :P So yeah, I really get tired quickly about the moaning about Alabama cheating, because if it wasn't people moaning Alabama, it'd be people moaning whoever's the top SEC school at the time. Either way, it never stops and it just sounds like sour grapes or bustin chops for the sake of bustin chops. And if we're gonna bust chops, do it in the right place. :D

That being said...I agree with everybody else about Alabama in houndstooth. That'll probably be the only change that they ever make to that uniform, and it would be a great change.

Man I am out of loop... I guess just have not seen them yet...

CU should be releasing their new Throwback officially sometime soon, right. It would make sense.

What do you mean, exactly? They've had the news conference announcing the throwbacks, and replica jerseys are for sale at Eastbay and FootballFanatics.

Romans 5:8

NikoLazar.com

Can we get back to talking about uniforms? Take the recruiting and other talk over to the college football thread.

We're SEC fans, we're incapable of letting a uniform discussion turn into anything other than a fight about Alabama cheating.

That said, I hate Alabama more than anything, and even I thought the houndstooth collar was an amazing addition and a great look for them.

Thank you for the clarity and the amusement!

OK, just because someone made something famous or did something famous, should that be part of a uniform (Alabama houndstooth)? In the end, isn't it about the team? the tradition? the school colors? Should Ohio State get a sweater-vest design?

KISSwall09.jpg

Archived