College Football Uniforms 2010-2011

Brave-Bird 08

Despite the rumors Louisville will stay the same:

louisville_jerseys.png

No official word on the helmet but supposedly this is the new helmet:

helmet2.jpg

During all practices, all player have white facemasks but some have plain shells and some are still using the blackout stripe from last season.

Athletic Director: KTU Blue Grassers Football

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tulane's white lid from 2007, paired with regular set. Love this.

Tulane1.jpg

I can't believe I'm just catching this now...but Tulane has never worn the action "T" logo with a white helmet. The current logo has always been worn with a green helmet. This year, the pictures from recent practices have the Greenies in white helmets. Looking at several message boards, including a Tulane fan site, this looks like it's going to be a new helmet for this year...which is a welcome change since, up until 1997, Tulane had worn white helmets in every season except maybe 2 from what I can gather. They wore sky blue helmets one year and silver another back in the '60s.

That'd be a GREAT look, except that the Green Wave wear black socks and socks. While not bad, white socks and shoes look much better with their look.

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

"Tulane is wearing white helmets this year in practice for a few reasons, according to Coach Bob Toledo. . . Toledo said the white helmets probably won't transfer to games, but the program does have the white helmet game option if it desires."

http://www.nola.com/tulane/index.ssf/2010/08/tulanes_offensive_plays_will_b.html

Thanks for the link. I hadn't seen that story yet. I do think we'll see the white lids at least once this season...maybe the ESPN match against Ole Miss in week 2? It's not like EA to just create a random helmet design for a team.

gYH2mW9.png

I like the CSU uniforms and I even like the numeral font. But it instantly makes me think of Oregon. If your colors are even close to green and yellow/gold, don't be surprised to be mistaken for a Duck when you have a very aggressive, modern uniform.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

I like the CSU uniforms and I even like the numeral font. But it instantly makes me think of Oregon. If your colors are even close to green and yellow/gold, don't be surprised to be mistaken for a Duck when you have a very aggressive, modern uniform.

That number font's not all that new, I don't think, although it's leaning more for CSU than it did for Tech.

georgegodsey.jpg

That number font's not all that new, I don't think, although it's leaning more for CSU than it did for Tech.

georgegodsey.jpg

Not to mention that every HBCU has used it or is using it it seems.

That said though, love the jersey (and I love that number font).

6fQjS3M.png

More pics...looks like there is little ram horns on the sleave.

newUni_shoulder.jpg

40635_10150249317025331_190549515330_14154721_5345859_n.jpg

41280_10150249317210331_190549515330_14154728_4433818_n.jpg

41346_10150249317365331_190549515330_14154735_2600058_n.jpg

from far away it almost looks like scales or peeling skin i dont know if i like it or not, also looks like a weird material. an interesting design

maehl.png

More pics...looks like there is little ram horns on the sleave.

newUni_shoulder.jpg

It's hard to tell from the lighting and the reflective nature of the fabrics, but it looks like they're changing their textile color from a tan to a more yellow gold. The helmet looks the same gold as before.

csu3.jpg

kubiak_story.jpg

Visit my store on REDBUBBLE

Despite the rumors Louisville will stay the same:

(img)

No official word on the helmet but supposedly this is the new helmet:

helmet2.jpg

During all practices, all player have white facemasks but some have plain shells and some are still using the blackout stripe from last season.

Take it for what it's worth, but I can tell you that Louisville helmet is listed as official for this upcoming season.

newUni_shoulder.jpg

Let's get the obvious out the way...I can stomach that number font much better when it's tackle-twilled onto the jerseys rather than silk-screened. It may also be the San Diego treatment (as well as the colors), but it looks pretty good here.

Moving on...I'll say this: the ram-horn design details is actually a clever little stroke of genius for Russell. In a way, it kinda reminds me of my Southern University HBCU Project concept in that a certain graphic element of an identity (in that case, jaguar spots; in this case, ram horns) was manipulated into a distinctive visual element on the football uniform. It also spices up what otherwise is a pretty "template-ish" design, particularly the pants (think the Atlanta Falcons with those). That added to the colors--I love a good green and gold combo--and Colorado State has a winning look here, in my book. I also see they expanded this to the womens' volleyball uniforms...wouldn't be surprised to see this transfer over to the school's basketball uniforms sometime down the line. All in all, very nice design for Russell...good way to "boost their profile" a lil' bit there in the world of uniform outfitters.

All that said, let's keep one thing in mind here: this is Russell, an outfitter notorious for rampant templating (which can really be said of damn near every apparel outfitter out there these days), so don't be surprised to see similar treatments pop up for other Russell-outfitted schools somewhere down the line. In fact, I can already see a similar-type design with Georgia Tech in a year or two--except with little "GTs" instead of ram horns. (However, I seriously doubt Russell would put the time or effort into concocting a similar theme with any of the HBCU schools it outfits, with the possible exception of Florida A&M and Grambling.)

It's hard to tell from the lighting and the reflective nature of the fabrics, but it looks like they're changing their textile color from a tan to a more yellow gold. The helmet looks the same gold as before.

csu3.jpg

kubiak_story.jpg

That probably has more to do with Russell's stock fabric colors more than the school itself. The funny thing here is, though usually I prefer shiny material with the metallic colors, I think I prefer the flat matte in this instance.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Are those Texas A&M unis for special occasions only? I hope so, cuz I don't like `em. I've not seen any mention of them on their site or anywhere except the article referenced here.

Below are a couple of freeze frames of a video clip from Jerrod Johnson's Dave Campbell's Texas Footballphoto shoot. The piping is a little wilder than I expected.

4888338955_52ab061372_z.jpg

4888935878_672dae8391_z.jpg

Are those Texas A&M unis for special occasions only? I hope so, cuz I don't like `em. I've not seen any mention of them on their site or anywhere except the article referenced here.

Below are a couple of freeze frames of a video clip from Jerrod Johnson's Dave Campbell's Texas Footballphoto shoot. The piping is a little wilder than I expected.

4888338955_52ab061372_z.jpg

4888935878_672dae8391_z.jpg

Thanks. Ugh. But the white jerseys are the worst part.

uta-big-sam-little-uta.png

Well, I don't know if it's been posted yet, but my school, Utah State, has gotten new uniforms, and they now have an Aggie blue (roughly navy) facemask:

5557246.jpeg

Give me some time and I'll put some bigger pictures in here.

Not too bad, but -gulp- there is black trim in there, according to this article. Talk about repetitive.

As for the helmet, it's an upgrade, and hopefully the Aggies actually wear white pants with their blue tops once in a while.

Well, I don't know if it's been posted yet, but my school, Utah State, has gotten new uniforms, and they now have an Aggie blue (roughly navy) facemask:

5557246.jpeg

Give me some time and I'll put some bigger pictures in here.

Not too bad, but -gulp- there is black trim in there, according to this article. Talk about repetitive.

As for the helmet, it's an upgrade, and hopefully the Aggies actually wear white pants with their blue tops once in a while.

Did they change the helmet up any?

columbusdestroyersrf6.png

osuzd9.png

love the csu uniforms minus the number font.

I did not want to repeat all those pics, but CSU is an irrelevant program who did have a nice, clean look in the Sonny Lubick years.

I see those sleeves and think that someone's child did "macaroni art" on a sheet on green construction paper.

As much as posters hate gradients, to me this is a gradient.

Archived