College Football Uniforms 2010-2011

Brave-Bird 08

Back to uniform news: Auburn had blue pants shipped to the athletic complex (according to a buddy of mine in the ticket office). No word on when/if they will see the light of day.

Straight blue pants? Or with striping of some kind?

In any case, that would be awesome. Hopefully, those will be worn with the road white jerseys, and not as a monochrome.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

HBCU News, Bethune Cookman will be sporting a new helmet logo, moving away from the Wildcat-comet they've used in years past:

5621523.jpeg

This is a definite upgrade over the vomit wildcat logo they've been using. Meh.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

The Houndstooth is a terrible design element and ultimately, despite it's Scottish origin, is a woman's design.

I didn't say it was a terrible "design element".

Interesting.

+1, seriously re-read what you just posted footballfiji.

Also Lights Out, Boise State winning the NC this year...not gonna happen.

Bravo you message board burned me. Even added a cheap +1 reference.

Back to uniform news: Auburn had blue pants shipped to the athletic complex (according to a buddy of mine in the ticket office). No word on when/if they will see the light of day.

Also, Lamar (TX) will sport new UnderArmour Duds this year.

and in HBCU News, Bethune Cookman will be sporting a new helmet logo, moving away from the Wildcat-comet they've used in years past:

5621523.jpeg

Bethune Cookman College has been known as "BBC", makes the helmet look crappy. The helmet logo makes it appear as "BC", "BBC", or even looking like a "BBBC". None of which are BBC.

Why would Bethune Cookman College be known as "BBC" and not "BCC"? How do they get two B's out of a school that has one B and two C's? Also, it's nice to see they took Southern California's baseball SC logo and just made it their own.

It's actually B-CU now, rather than B-CC. And they did exactly that...that's actually the B-CC baseball logo.

Man I am out of loop... I guess just have not seen them yet...

CU should be releasing their new Throwback officially sometime soon, right. It would make sense.

What do you mean, exactly? They've had the news conference announcing the throwbacks, and replica jerseys are for sale at Eastbay and FootballFanatics.

Just got this in an email today from the university:

Seniors Show Off Throwback Jerseys At Photo Day

IFANJHQVAGFKLDZ.20100822014834.jpg

It looks like the Buffs will probably wear the new helmets with the current athletic logo. In a video from the photo day, I snagged this screenshot which shows the players wearing gold pants with the current athletic interlocking CU on it - something tells me this is indicative of the helmet design as well:

cubuffsthrowbacks_logo1.jpg

I like these

Romans 5:8

NikoLazar.com

IFANJHQVAGFKLDZ.20100822014834.jpg

To know that Nike has the ability to make a nice uniform like this, yet chooses to crank out that "template" crap just makes them seem worse.

Remember something when you decide to blame Nike, it does take two to tango. There is the other side who is just at fault, even in some respects if not more, because they could say, "No."

HBCU News, Bethune Cookman will be sporting a new helmet logo, moving away from the Wildcat-comet they've used in years past:

5621523.jpeg

They used a different wildcat logo last season and it was much better than that old thing. I don't like this new thing. Why have that extra junk around the logo? Should've just made the BC bigger and lose the junk.

FSU2.gif

Here are pics of some of the new Northwestern set:

4933222292_6e836ae534.jpg

New_NU_FB_Uniforms_(2010)

The jerseys are reminiscent of those worn in the early 90's, which is great because that's when I became a fan. There will also be a black jersey and purple pants. Based solely on this pic I'd say this set is a huge upgrade from what's been worn over the last ten years or so.

Also, here's the logo for the AllState Wrigleyville Classic (NU v. IL @ Wrigley Field):

4932629169_de201e6876.jpg

WrigleyvilleClassic

It's pretty unimpressive. I feel like the designer needed to spend some more time on it.

The jerseys are reminiscent of those worn in the early 90's, which is great because that's when I became a fan. There will also be a black jersey and purple pants. Based solely on this pic I'd say this set is a huge upgrade from what's been worn over the last ten years or so.

Wait, are those Northwestern stripes I see?!

Visit my store on REDBUBBLE

Northwestern looks really good now. I'm not sure how I feel about the black pants though. I'll have to see how it looks like with the helmets to decide. But whoever thought Northwestern stripes would be a good fit for them must be pretty smart. And it's also cool how they took this picture with the seats filled just like they are on game days.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

5621523.jpeg

They used a different wildcat logo last season and it was much better than that old thing. I don't like this new thing. Why have that extra junk around the logo? Should've just made the BC bigger and lose the junk.

That's because no one gives half a crap about the HBCUs out there--or, at least, not the ones that really don't see the value in a strong--or even half-distinctive--visual branding identity. (Although to be fair, that really isn't near the top of most HBCUs' priority lists.) As such, stuff like this comes up.

/ponders turning back the hands of time to re-open the HBCU Project...

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Maryland's new gold uniforms they are rumored to wear against Navy in the season opener.

53463428.jpg

So now Maryland has the home red, road white, black alternate, black camo Wounder Warrior alternate and now gold alternate. Red, white and black pants, no word if they are getting gold pants too. MD becoming UA's Oregon?

marylandmini.png

My only quibble here is the black stripes on the purple jersey, because they seem to disappear. Other than that, classy, solid upgrade. Really want to see the black and white jerseys paired with the purple pants.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Maryland's new gold uniforms they are rumored to wear against Navy in the season opener.

53463428.jpg

So now Maryland has the home red, road white, black alternate, black camo Wounder Warrior alternate and now gold alternate. Red, white and black pants, no word if they are getting gold pants too. MD becoming UA's Oregon?

Well,Kevin Plank is UA equivalent to Phil Knight!

53463428.jpg

Okay, this could also just be a quarterback specific uniform too

53463428.jpg

If the Terps are going to be Under Armour's Oregon, and all indicators point to that, they really need to ditch that old-school helmet and go with something modern. The M-Flag design on the black helmets they used to wear would do the trick.

Also, white helmet + yellow jersey + black pants = no.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

53463428.jpg

Okay, this could also just be a quarterback specific uniform too

They already have a plain gold qb practice jersey. Talk is heating up they will wear the gold ones at some point (most likely opener).

And I agree they need to bring back the red helmets and black helmets.

marylandmini.png

I can't see myself warming to the yellow jerseys. The black are OK (not w/ black or red pants, though).

I wasn't thrilled with the gold basketball unis at first, but then the team took off and started winning and I really didn't care what they wore lol.

Black helmets on the gold jerseys would work. I doubt they add gold pants, but who knows. But you can't just have one helmet.

marylandmini.png

Archived