College Football Uniforms 2010-2011

Brave-Bird 08

Those Miami uniforms are some of the ugliest things I have ever seen. Green and orange don't go well together. It works better with white helmets and either white jerseys or white numbers, when one or both colors are relegated to trim. But with no white to be found, the orange and green look like somebody threw up carrots and broccoli.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, Miami picked the worst possible team to wear those uniforms against: VT, another team with orange as a major color in their identity. Add to that VT wearing all-white, and a casual observer might think that Miami is VT & VT is Miami. What a mess.

i happen to like where miami goes with the silver. its reflective, and when the lights on the stadium go on for night games, you can really see the reflection and theoutline pop out. it is much brighter than white would be and makes a very cool "tron" like trimming effect. the boisie st vs. va tech game had it that way as well.

Miami.png

When did Army start wearing the uniforms they wore up until last year?

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Okay correct me if I am wrong. Tech has only worn a few color combos this year.

1. Black Helmet/ Pro Combat Black Jersey/Pro Combat Black Pants

2. White Helmet (No Stripes)/White Jersey/White Pants with Stripes

3. Maroon Helmet/ Maroon Jersey/ All White Pants

4. Maroon Helmet/White Jersey/White Pants with Stripes

5. White Helmet (No Stripe)/ Maroon Jersey/White Pants no Stripes

6. White Helmet (Stripes)/White Jersey/ White Pants with Stripes

I just count 6....... Oregon has like 2 billion more combinations. Haven't seen the silly Orange Jersey, Orange Pants, Maroon Pants or anything of that nature. Just Four Helmets, Three Jersey, Three Pants......

Same color jersey/pants just doesn't work with teams that have old school unis. So pretty much any team with stripes can't go monochrome without looking bad. And good God (or whatever they believe in up in Utah) BYU, get the same stripe on your helmet, I hate when team's aren't consistent with their stripes.

I love the ND green unis!

As do I.

Pictures of BYU in blue jerseys and pants:

4176422.jpg4176775.jpg

Looks okay I guess, not unlike the Jets in green jerseys and pants. I prefer the normal blue/white.

I don't mind it as an alternate look, which is what it is.

Same color jersey/pants just doesn't work with teams that have old school unis. So pretty much any team with stripes can't go monochrome without looking bad.

Completely disagree.

And good God (or whatever they believe in up in Utah) BYU, get the same stripe on your helmet, I hate when team's aren't consistent with their stripes.

This, however, I agree with.

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

A little Devil's advocate here...is green an official color of ND or is it navy/gold? You don't see green on the home or away set, yet you have a green alternate. People love the green and the look, yet if it's not on their current set (or maybe an official color, because I don't know) why is this acceptable, but black isn't when teams do it? Just curious. I think it looks good and fits the "Irish" nickname.

KISSwall09.jpg

Those Miami uniforms are some of the ugliest things I have ever seen. Green and orange don't go well together. It works better with white helmets and either white jerseys or white numbers, when one or both colors are relegated to trim. But with no white to be found, the orange and green look like somebody threw up carrots and broccoli.

I couldn't disagree more. Green and Orange is probably my favorite color combo.

A little Devil's advocate here...is green an official color of ND or is it navy/gold? You don't see green on the home or away set, yet you have a green alternate. People love the green and the look, yet if it's not on their current set (or maybe an official color, because I don't know) why is this acceptable, but black isn't when teams do it? Just curious. I think it looks good and fits the "Irish" nickname.

Yeah green is part of their official color scheme.

Facebook: CustomSportsCovers Twitter: CSCovers

No because when the Irish came to Ireland and first came in contact with the leprechaun people, they didn't take their land away and force them to move west. Instead, the two groups learned to assimilate peacefully. However, certain tribes of the leprechaun refused to taint the pure blood and moved north into the forests of Ireland, only to be seen rarely, usually at the same time of a rainbows appearance and occasionally at the factories of Lucky Charms.

The original official colors of ND were Madonna Blue (similar to the Detroit Lions' blue) and Papal Gold, but they've never used them for athletics (Faust tried and failed). They now use navy and gold for everything academic, but I'm not sure whether they officially changed the school colors. So to answer your question, no, green is not an "official" color, but it is a traditional color, as they've used it for at least 80 years.

spacer.png

Archived