College Football Uniforms 2010-2011

Brave-Bird 08

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Apparently, Washington will wear black uniforms this week.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Yep, it's confirmed. They'll be wearing their normal helmets, though.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Ugly. I wish teams would stop wearing black for no reason, but if they're going to do it then please, please, please don't use dark numbers. I hate that. Florida State's have red numbers, Middle Tennessee's have blue numbers, and so on and so forth. It looks bad and it makes the numbers nearly impossible to read.

San Diego State LB Miles Burris is sans helmet logos today against TCU. It appears that all of SDSU's other players still have their logos... anyone know what's going on?

nJIpp.jpg

I watched the game. He had a helmet decal on the left side of the helmet and not on the right. Maybe it fell off or the equipment manager forgot to put one on.

Texas Tech is wearing white helmets, white jerseys, and red pants. Looks pretty good but wierd, not like them.

Edit: Photos

I could be wrong but I think this is the first time they have worn red pants

tech2.png

They have definitely worn red pants before.

090113_Texas_Tech_SMU_Football.jpg

I flipped over to espn and they were talking with the sideline reporter. She was standing in front of one of the endzones, which are painted black and I thought, "oh no, is washington doing a black out?" I had not seen the announcements in this thread about their black uniforms nor had I seen a shot other than the sideline reporter and from the endzone alone I was able to piece together that they were wearing black uniforms. That's how you know you're a uni/logo nerd.

As for the uniforms, they're a totally egregious violation of BFBS, but they're also just not attractive from a basic aesthetic standpoint. The helmet matches nothing below the neck, the purple numbers with gold outlines are nearly illegible on my standard defintion TV, and a lot of the players are wearing purple socks, which compounds the mismatched elements of the uniform.

PvO6ZWJ.png

UW is wearing their black jerseys for "Black out against Cancer," also Coach Sark wanted to give his seniors a memory for their last home game. I think they look really good!

I thought that the blackout against cancer was the basketball and softball events only earlier this year.

This just signifies the start of the last year in Husky Stadium as we know it since the Board of Regents officially approved the renovation this afternoon. No university site, even coachsark.com, mentions cancer.

Regardless, they look like a D-3 team in dress tonight.

Boise State is wearing monochrome orange tonight.

looks good, should have blue numbers instead of grey

I think the gray numbers actually look surprisingly good. I like these better than their blue uniforms... they look much better against the blue turf.

IUe6Hvh.png

I'm not going to get into the "join a real conference" debate, because there's a college football thread for that; but after checking the game out, yes the uniforms look bad. Actually, Boise State's uniforms as a whole are pretty bad and actually worse than Oregon's. They are about the worst in college football today hands down and that includes their horrible logo.

Archived