College Football Uniforms 2010-2011

Brave-Bird 08

BTW UCLA's new adidas jerseys are 100% better now with the new cut...looked awesome!

Wait... did Adidas fix UCLA's shoulder stripes? Against Arizona on Saturday they were wearing the terribly-designed ones with the stripes that only go a quarter of the way around the shoulder.

422106.jpg422060.jpg

That looks a hot mess...which is amazing, because you really have to put a lot of effort into inexplicably messing up UCLA's football uniforms. Wow.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm sorry but UCLA looks way better now. It's a perfect update. People need to accept the fact that is the new style. They are shoulder STRIPES not shoulder LOOPS...

You need to accept the fact that it looks like crap...those stripes were originally designed to go over the shoulder, now they don't do anything except look awful.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

I seriously dont think the gator print was on the Florida helmets

heres yesterday

c55d15e1e9bd9d313ba26f714da48bb4-getty-102417474sg013_florida_v_ge.jpg

heres what it should have looked like

florida1.png

I think it's there in photo #1, just not as prominent as the 2nd photo.

I see it in Photo #1 too.

Facebook: CustomSportsCovers Twitter: CSCovers

No because when the Irish came to Ireland and first came in contact with the leprechaun people, they didn't take their land away and force them to move west. Instead, the two groups learned to assimilate peacefully. However, certain tribes of the leprechaun refused to taint the pure blood and moved north into the forests of Ireland, only to be seen rarely, usually at the same time of a rainbows appearance and occasionally at the factories of Lucky Charms.

On another note, we all know about the UCLA-stripe scandal now that they've switched over to the TechFit jerseys, and we all (probably) know about the response from the UCLA Senior Associate Athletic Director when a UniWatch reader wrote in to complain about how crappy they looked. If you hadn't heard that part, he responded with something to the effect of, "We went with these jerseys because the players love the fit and performance. I understand the shoulder loops do not look that great, but the shoulder loops are very important to UCLA, and I'm sure we will be looking at that issue with adidas at seasons end, hopefully to get it corrected for next season."

I'm sorry but UCLA looks way better now. It's a perfect update. People need to accept the fact that is the new style. They are shoulder STRIPES not shoulder LOOPS...

Seems like the team itself disagrees with you there, bucco.

Isn't there a newer TechFit design that has different seams that will allow for longer stripes?

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Here are some zoomed in high-res pics of the Gators...

B5IMAGE1.jpg

7BIMAGE1.jpg

1BIMAGE1.jpg

You can kind of see the scales, but its definitely a weak design...

I don't think it's meant to be seen except at eye level. The pro combat program is about what the players see, hear and feel on the field, not what the fans can see, hear and feel from the stands. I think it fits its purpose well. You see it when you're getting drilled by a Gator linebacker or burned by a Florida receiver, but it's not even there if you're a fan, because it doesn't need to be. It's not for the fans. It's for the players.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Isn't there a newer TechFit design that has different seams that will allow for longer stripes?

Not yet but next year there will most likely be

I remember seeing a picture of a new cut for the jersey that had different seams.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Not yet but next year there will most likely be

I posted this earlier, but it seems a lot of you might have missed it. This is the TechFit jersey in the Fall 2011 adidas Team Apparel catalog. The seam runs basically straight from the collar to the armpit, rather than curving over the shoulder like the Titans' yoke. Here is the catalog section of http://www.adidas-team.com

catalogtechfit.png

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

And you SHOULD be sorry. "Perfect update"??? Even UCLA wouldn't call it that... they think this is the same jersey they've always worn.

Actually, UCLA is well aware of the issue with the shoulder loops and is going to discuss the problem with adidas in the offseason, according to their Associate Senior Athletic Director.

1BIMAGE1.jpg

Are you kidding me, Gators? Even zoomed in this close I thought the "scales" were traces of Windex used to clean the helmets. Piss-poor approach to what could have been an awesome design.

OhioBobcatsSquareSig.pngPittSquareSig2.pngOregonStateVintageSquareSig.pngve26tk.png

Images thanks to TornadoGTS

B5IMAGE1.jpg

7BIMAGE1.jpg

1BIMAGE1.jpg

I don't think it's meant to be seen except at eye level. The pro combat program is about what the players see, hear and feel on the field, not what the fans can see, hear and feel from the stands. I think it fits its purpose well. You see it when you're getting drilled by a Gator linebacker or burned by a Florida receiver, but it's not even there if you're a fan, because it doesn't need to be. It's not for the fans. It's for the players.

My thoughts when it comes to things like gator scales or horned frog skin patterns on uniforms, is that a subtle approach is always better. If they would have made it more prominent it would look really tacky IMO.

jNTsTyQ.png

B5IMAGE1.jpg

7BIMAGE1.jpg

1BIMAGE1.jpg

Wow. Are you doing some kinda commercial for the product? "Drilled by a Gator linebacker"? "Burned by a Florida receiver"? That sounds like you cut and pasted a Nike press release.

Rutgers rocking black britches tonight. feels like its been a few years since theyve worn anything black.

There's a reason for that: they look horrible.

It's not bad...it just isnt for them. Scarlet Knights. they need to rock those scarlet pants 24/7

and heres some input since you are obviously a USF fan...what is going on with the bleeding of those UA jerseys they wear? I noticed Daniels' jersey tonight couldn't have been blacker if it was in fact a black jersey.

the way the jersey bleeds also makes kind of a cool black-green pattern. it's funny...but seriously, that shade of green, plus sweat, plus night time = black.

B5IMAGE1.jpg

7BIMAGE1.jpg

1BIMAGE1.jpg

Wow. Are you doing some kinda commercial for the product? "Drilled by a Gator linebacker"? "Burned by a Florida receiver"? That sounds like you cut and pasted a Nike press release.

No, but by taking the time to put yourself in the designers' shoes and making an effort to be a little more open-minded about what actually goes on in a sportswear design studio, you learn more than you think and are able to offer better, more informed critiques of these types of things.

The concept of Pro Combat and many of the designs themselves go against every one of my uniform ideals, but by putting myself in the designers' shoes and doing the proper research, I'm able to see the whole thing in a much different light and really be more accepting of the time, effort, thought and reasoning behind each one of these.

I just saw Air Force's unis in action a few minutes ago. I cannot help to think that this is total garbage. It's not their colors and it looks like some dumb "theme" uniform that someone in single A baseball or in the lowest levels of pro hockey would wear. I'm not being unpatriotic dissing on the military, it just reminds me of the tuxedo hockey uniform or someone's Jimmy Buffet night.

KISSwall09.jpg

B5IMAGE1.jpg

7BIMAGE1.jpg

1BIMAGE1.jpg

My thoughts when it comes to things like gator scales or horned frog skin patterns on uniforms, is that a subtle approach is always better. If they would have made it more prominent it would look really tacky IMO.

Agreed, tacky is bad...subtle is nice.

Archived