College Football Uniforms 2010-2011

Brave-Bird 08

as if VaTech didnt have enough uniform combinations, they wore plain white pants today.

why??

they have three sets of white pants now.

This is the third week in a row they've worn the plain whites. I'm only aware of the striped white pants for this season. Which other white version are you referring to? For what it's worth, they've been working in a plain, all-white helmet with just the VT logo on it. It looks exactly like the Pro Combat from last year but without the stripes.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

as if VaTech didnt have enough uniform combinations, they wore plain white pants today.

why??

they have three sets of white pants now.

EDIT: Like the guy above me said, VT's worn white pants a lot this season. Like here against ECU.

East_Carolina_Virgi_VASH101_39.jpg

I do agree, though. VT really needs to stick with one set of uniforms and stick with it.

TCU has become the new Oregon, they have been wearing different combos every week with their regular uniforms and their pro combats.

IMO, it's been awesome. My favorite combo so far was the Primary Helmet-Purple Pro Combat Jersey-Black Pro Combat Pants.

Wyoming_TCU_Football_.sff-1221fd08-2751-4413-9662-fe9de47981d7.jpg

TCU_2010_Unis.jpg

IMO, it's been awesome. My favorite combo so far was the Primary Helmet-Purple Pro Combat Jersey-Black Pro Combat Pants.

Wyoming_TCU_Football_.sff-1221fd08-2751-4413-9662-fe9de47981d7.jpg

There's been a lot of hot mess uniform-wise for TCU this season, but this combo's a definite winner. TCU '09 Pro Combat > '10 Pro Combat.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Watching Missouri/Oklahoma last night, I noticed that all of Oklahoma's nameplates were printed. You could tell because the numbers (which are stitched to the jerseys) have a matte look to them, while the lettering on the nameplate iss really shiny. It looked really bush league. I wonder if that's just a decision that the equipment managers made to make the process more efficient. I couldn't tell how Missouri's were done because their jersey lettering is white. This is probably something that's only noticeable in HD.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

It seems like white-red-red has become Arizona's de facto primary home uniform this year. We've worn it for 3/5 home games this year.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

For the NFL combine, Nike made a limited edition Vapor cleat like those, but they were gold with brown laces. Really sweet. They made the previous version of the Vapors in silver as well. So, they make limited edition gold, silver, pink/black and team-specific Pro Combat-themed Vapor cleats, but why doesn't Nike sell these? There are a lot of people who buy cleats that don't need them to match a team uniform (think rec-league and competitive flag-football players, club and college ultimate frisbee players, maybe even club and college rugby players). They just want sweet spikes. Even if they sold them in limited quantities and only on their own website, I'd think they'd sell a lot of them. I don't really dig the logos on the Pro Combat-themed cleats, but I really like the silver, gold and pink/black ones.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

On another note, we all know about the UCLA-stripe scandal now that they've switched over to the TechFit jerseys, and we all (probably) know about the response from the UCLA Senior Associate Athletic Director when a UniWatch reader wrote in to complain about how crappy they looked. If you hadn't heard that part, he responded with something to the effect of, "We went with these jerseys because the players love the fit and performance. I understand the shoulder loops do not look that great, but the shoulder loops are very important to UCLA, and I'm sure we will be looking at that issue with adidas at seasons end, hopefully to get it corrected for next season."

I figured this meant that the TechFit jersey might be evolving to better incorporate the UCLA-style shoulder loops at seasons end. Turns out, the Fall 2011 Adidas Team Football Apparel catalog has blank TechFit jerseys in it, and it looks like the seams come down much lower than the current jerseys, which are cut with a shoulder yoke, basically like the Titans jerseys.

Here is the current UCLA Tech Fit jersey:

uclatechfit.png

Here is the TechFit jersey as it appears in the new catalog at www.adidas-team.com:

catalogtechfit.png

There's some other cool stuff in the catalog as well, like the new version of the adizero football cleat, this one being basically a football version of the F50 adizero soccer cleat and called the 5-Star. It weights 6.6 ounces, which is approaching track-spike territory as far as minimalism goes.

adizero.png

adizerosideview.png

Army went full on all camo today.

2ddb6cef0105471cb56b51a655946185.jpg5f372fe781c44dd788d11c6389428c46.jpg

Again, just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

http://www2.registerguard.com/cms/index.php/duck-football/comments/pregame-no.-1-oregon-at-no.-24-usc/

2:28 p.m.: A few rumors are going around about uniforms. Based on the fact some Ducks wore new silver cleats in practices this week, most of the rumors are a variation on a silver-and-black look like something the Raiders might wear.

For what it's worth, my guy who correctly forecast last week's combination said today it will be a white helmet with a silver logo, white jerseys with silver trim and white pants.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Florida is in their pro combats I assume. Don't know why they felt the need to take the stript off their helmets, but I'm kinda digging the stripeless buckets. As for the rest of the uni, EH.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Army went full on all camo today.

2ddb6cef0105471cb56b51a655946185.jpg5f372fe781c44dd788d11c6389428c46.jpg

Again, just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

But if you're going to, it makes a lot more sense if you're the U.S. Military Academy as opposed to, say, the University of Maryland

Archived