College Football Uniforms 2010-2011

Brave-Bird 08

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Has anyone mentioned how ugly Toledo's uniforms are this year? The number/NOB font is putrid:

44649_Arizona_Toledo_Football.jpg

This set was far superior:

ncf_w_mcdougle_275.jpg

At first I really liked the new look, but those numbers are god-awful.

If they stuck with a semi-normal looking font, I think the new set would be far superior to the former.

I didn't realize the got rid of the yellow facemask either, until now. And the navy looks much darker, especially on the blue turf tonight, in boise.

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

Has anyone mentioned how ugly Toledo's uniforms are this year? The number/NOB font is putrid:

Absolutely agreed. Some poor guy on their team this year has a gigantic last name, VanDerHeullen or something really long, and you can barely read it without being on the sideline (which I was). It looks like a really bastardized version of Soho Gothic or something.

Am I the only one that thinks orange should be their primary jersey?

It's beautiful.

Maybe too much orange with the helmets, but I like the orange myself.

also, props to Bowling Green, LEWJ. At the OU vs. BGSU game today, I found myself getting very distracted by Bowling Green's awesome away jerseys. I just love how the stripes on the pants and the number font's style perfectly reflect the Falcon logo.

mmd79z.jpg

OhioBobcatsSquareSig.pngPittSquareSig2.pngOregonStateVintageSquareSig.pngve26tk.png

Images thanks to TornadoGTS

Absolutely agreed. Some poor guy on their team this year has a gigantic last name, VanDerHeullen or something really long, and you can barely read it without being on the sideline (which I was). It looks like a really bastardized version of Soho Gothic or something.

Am I the only one that thinks orange should be their primary jersey?

It's beautiful.

Maybe too much orange with the helmets, but I like the orange myself.

also, props to Bowling Green, LEWJ. At the OU vs. BGSU game today, I found myself getting very distracted by Bowling Green's awesome away jerseys. I just love how the stripes on the pants and the number font's style perfectly reflect the Falcon logo.

mmd79z.jpg

Yea I like them a little better than last year's.

I really like the Falcon replacing the wordmark above the numbers.

They haven't gotten new home duds yet though.

So they're wearing two different styles, which seems to happen a lot with them--example.

34217_boise_st_bowling_green_football.jpg

*Here's last years away.

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

airforceuni_medium.jpg

Gimmicky? Yes.

But do I like it? Yes.

I think I'd like it more if the jerseys and pants were flight-suit olive drab...

My gut tells me they were modeled after the jumpsuits the T'birds wear:

090918-F-9708M-327.JPG

What an interesting picture...you have six field grade officers in flight suits (not jumpsuits, that's what criminals wear), including one Major with his number upside down on his suit (#5), yet the plane has two Tech Sgt names on it.

As an Army guy, I'd be surprised if the field grades are still flying the T'Birds, but maybe that's how the Air Force works.

The Tech Sgt's listed on the aircraft are more than likely that particular jet's Dedicated Crew Chiefs. That's my job on the B-1, Crew Chief, and it's encouraged here that our names are somewhere on the jet. I would assume the pilot's names are listed on the other side of the aircraft. The reason for the #5 being upside down is this...

t-bird1.jpg

... it's upside down on the jet, as well. In mirror formations, one of the aircraft has to be upside-down, and it's always #5. So the number actually appears right-side-up in most formations.

IUe6Hvh.png

http://www.suathletics.com/news/2010/10/9/FB_1009105541.aspx

Join the 'Orange Out Weekend'

10/9/2010 9:51:51 PM

Bookmark and Share

Calling all Syracuse University football fans ? join the ?Orange Out Weekend? to support the 2010 football team as it hosts the University of Pittsburgh by wearing your orange gear throughout Orange Central weekend, which features Homecoming and reunion activities.

Granted every sporting event at the Dome's more or less an orange-out, but I have a funny feeling about this...

ffMc5dZ.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29

I don't know where the thread for College logos are, and I'm too busy right now to look for it, so I thought I'd post my school's new logo.... which has been around for about 3 or so years now.

NEW (current)

PVAMU%20Logo.jpg

OLD

pvamu_logo.jpg

PROGRESS.... gotta love it. Sad thing is, that old logo was introduced not that long ago.... According to CC.

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png
8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg

Word is that Arizona will wear their blue helmets at Wazzu this week.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

13305358_BG1.jpg

13305358_BG2.jpg

ttcleats.jpg

WHAT.

THE.

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF.?

When Tuberville took over the team, he made this giant stink about how they were the "RED" Raiders and should be wearing Red as a primary, not black. And then this happens.

From a distance it honestly looks like someone wrapped their shoulders in tin foil. I suppose that's fitting because you can tear a hole in the Texas Tech lines easier than ripping a sheet of aluminum.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

Archived