College Football Uniforms 2010-2011

Brave-Bird 08

NC State wore white, forcing Georgia Tech to where there gold jerseys from last year.

Doesn't the home team get the choice, though? Is this a case of NC State saying, "sorry, this is all we brought. Deal with it"?

I thought so to but I've seen on several places online that NC State got to pick because they're the visiting team. This seems to change every season or it is one of the most misunderstood rules as different places say different things.

Athletic Director: KTU Blue Grassers Football

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Iowa is wearing the coolest uniforms today. I have no idea what year they are originally from but I love them

These are throwbacks dedicating the 1939 "Nile Kinnick" team. I can't be the only one that thinks these would look great as a full time set, but I'd replace the number on the helmet with the black Hawkeye logo.

Ball_St_Iowa_Football.sff_47353_game.jpg

Iowa is wearing the coolest uniforms today. I have no idea what year they are originally from but I love them

These are throwbacks dedicating the 1939 "Nile Kinnick" team. I can't be the only one that thinks these would look great as a full time set, but I'd replace the number on the helmet with the black Hawkeye logo.

Waaaait a minute. If those are supposed to be replicas of the Kinnick team, then (I think) they have a few inaccuracies.

Now, I don't know if this is for sure, but I had always thought that this was from 1939:

kinnick.jpg

Obviously quite different. I'm not saying this uniform they wore today is bad by any means, infact I absolutely love it. I just think that if they were indeed trying to replicate the 1939 set, it's off by quite a ways. They must be from a different era or something.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

Visiting teams have the choice but they usually understand that GT and LSU like to wear white at home so they bring their darks. Could have been that NC State decided they wanted to wear white and told GT that.

And I think the SEC has a rule that if the home team wants to wear white then the road team has to let them but the NCAA and ACC don't have such a rule.

Kudos to N.C. State for denying the request, if only for keeping Georgia Tech from matching the "White Out" for the fans. "White Outs" "Black Outs" "(Insert Your Team's Color Here) Outs" are lame and tired.

Waaaait a minute. If those are supposed to be replicas of the Kinnick team, then (I think) they have a few inaccuracies.

Now, I don't know if this is for sure, but I had always thought that this was from 1939:

kinnick.jpg

Obviously quite different. I'm not saying this uniform they wore today is bad by any means, infact I absolutely love it. I just think that if they were indeed trying to replicate the 1939 set, it's off by quite a ways. They must be from a different era or something.

Today's Iowa set (yellow helmets, yellow pants) was from 1958-59, not 1939. The 1958 team won to the Rose Bowl, I believe. The below picture is Randy Duncan in 1958.

1958_randy_duncan.jpg

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Three questions.

1. Were the numbers on Oregon's uniforms silver vs. Arizona State?

2. Was Virginia Tech wearing black helmets?

3. What was that patch that all the coaches were wearing? Did it have anything to do with Michigan State's head coach?

nvm

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Visiting teams have the choice but they usually understand that GT and LSU like to wear white at home so they bring their darks. Could have been that NC State decided they wanted to wear white and told GT that.

And I think the SEC has a rule that if the home team wants to wear white then the road team has to let them but the NCAA and ACC don't have such a rule.

Kudos to N.C. State for denying the request, if only for keeping Georgia Tech from matching the "White Out" for the fans. "White Outs" "Black Outs" "(Insert Your Team's Color Here) Outs" are lame and tired.

As long as it's one of your colors I'm fine with it. Plus, Georgia Tech always wears white at home if their opponents let them.

kinnick.jpg

Obviously quite different. I'm not saying this uniform they wore today is bad by any means, infact I absolutely love it. I just think that if they were indeed trying to replicate the 1939

set, it's off by quite a ways. They must be from a different era or something.

Today's Iowa set (yellow helmets, yellow pants) was from 1958-59, not 1939. The 1958 team won to the Rose Bowl, I believe. The below picture is Randy Duncan in 1958.

1958_randy_duncan.jpg

Ah, that's what I thought, thanks for the info. 1939 just didn't seem right.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

Three questions.

1. Were the numbers on Oregon's uniforms silver vs. Arizona State?

2. Was Virginia Tech wearing black helmets?

3. What was that patch that all the coaches were wearing? Did it have anything to do with Michigan State's head coach?

Not sure about questions 1 and 3 but Virginia Tech wore their traditional all maroon helmet. It looked so much better than the white version they wore against JMU.

Here's a good look at Oregon's uniforms yesterday, as well as that patch:

4862104.jpg

4862100.jpg

Looks like the numbers were silver/chrome/whatever it is. (Don't ask me what's up with that helmet, though.)

4861870.jpg

4861560.jpg

I honestly cannot remember having seen WV wear this combo before with this current uniform set. I actually really like it. (Less told is how the shoulder and side "inserts" or whatever they are sorta form a "W". Mighty slick on their part.)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Archived