College Football Uniforms 2010-2011

Brave-Bird 08

Arizona went with white-blue-white today. It looked great in person.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

huge downgrade for ULM too. For those who have actually seen that team, lol, they had a pretty unique look before they switched to that crap.

They have a nice color scheme, but I'm not a fan of the monochromatic maroon unis they've been wearing since they went politically correct. If they'd gone with white pants at home they would have looked really nice. But at least they were unique. Now they're just another team wearing one of the worst templates in football.

I don't recall seeing this mentioned, but after seeing all of Notre Dame's new merchandise up close yesterday, I noticed that the interlocking ND logo has had its corners rounded off, and most of the time it has that thick outline like the one on the jersey.

spacer.png

Here is the story about the Air Force helmets

Air Force donned special helmet stickers to honor the memory of 9-11. In addition to the American flag in the traditional AFA lightening bolt, the back of the helmet included four stickers. The first is a 9-11-01 sticker with the 11 being replicas of the World Trade Center twin towers and the word remember with a United States flag. There is a black outline around it in the shape of the Pentagon building. Underneath going left to right are the official logos of the New York City Police Department, the New York City Fire Department and the Port Authority Police of New York ? New Jersey.

58401_462566372188_46807832188_6574604_1365061_n.jpg

Air Force donned special helmet stickers to honor the memory of 9-11. In addition to the American flag in the traditional AFA lightening bolt, the back of the helmet included four stickers. The first is a 9-11-01 sticker with the 11 being replicas of the World Trade Center twin towers and the word remember with a United States flag. There is a black outline around it in the shape of the Pentagon building. Underneath going left to right are the official logos of the New York City Police Department, the New York City Fire Department and the Port Authority Police of New York ? New Jersey.

That looks great.

87Redskins.png

Air Force donned special helmet stickers to honor the memory of 9-11. In addition to the American flag in the traditional AFA lightening bolt, the back of the helmet included four stickers. The first is a 9-11-01 sticker with the 11 being replicas of the World Trade Center twin towers and the word remember with a United States flag. There is a black outline around it in the shape of the Pentagon building. Underneath going left to right are the official logos of the New York City Police Department, the New York City Fire Department and the Port Authority Police of New York – New Jersey.

That looks great.

50 stars and 13 stripes noless...

Visit my store on REDBUBBLE

anyone else notice Clemson wore purple pants with the orange jersey this past weekend? not a good look for them

also, I noticed TTech wore the Auburn stripe, white helmets with the white jerseys and white pants. also pretty darn ugly.

and UCF wore black jerseys with gold pants.

just some observations from some highlights just shown on espnu.

I also want to say I've already forgiven Michigan State. I'm loving their uniforms.

So the uniform craziness is reaching a fever pitch in Auburn.

-Messageboard chatter started up about possibly blue pants for the "True Blue" Campaign this weekend against Clemson.

-Coach Chizik had to explicitly state that the team was wearing their traditional uniforms.

-Random tweets from players have them being coy about the possibility.

Then there is this:

photo.jpg

Does that look like a mini helmet? (I say yes)

It's probably all for naught. A Grad Assistant and Former player have both tweeted that the blue pants and blue helmet won't see the light of day

-Messageboard chatter started up about possibly blue pants for the "True Blue" Campaign this weekend against Clemson.

-Coach Chizik had to explicitly state that the team was wearing their traditional uniforms.

Then there is this:

photo.jpg

It's probably all for naught. A Grad Assistant and Former player have both tweeted that the blue pants and blue helmet won't see the light of day

im pretty sure they dont make visors for mini helmets

Then there is this:

photo.jpg

Maybe "prototype" is a better word. It still looks small to be legit.

Can anybody think of times that (Under Armour Especially) has sent mockups to a school and they never saw the light of day? Yet, they were seen on the boards?

for one, look at the thumb touching the facemask. its obviously a mini helmet.

but a damn awesome helmet. I'd love to see that hit the field once. and, again, as we've said, the blue pants would look great on the road (assuming they would have an orange stripe with white trim)

as for equipment existing, but not being worn, I do know for a fact that Georgia had the black jerseys and black pants in their uniform set...from what I remember the black jersey had existed for a year before worn in 2007, and the black pants were reborn right after the blackout. That's what I was told, whether that is RIGHT or NOT...

...Richt said himself that "the black pants and helmets had been around" when interviewed about the game last year against. UF. So yeah, from what I know teams I guess bring in the equipment...and then never have the guts to unviel them to traditional fan bases.

Then there is this:

photo.jpg

Can anybody think of times that (Under Armour Especially) has sent mockups to a school and they never saw the light of day? Yet, they were seen on the boards?

I don't believe it is a mini-helmet; just a prototype in a small size. Schutt doesn't make an Air XP mini helmet (the inside of them are still designed to look like an old Air Power helmet) and that is clearly an Air XP helmet (note the ear hole and the area of the sweatband.

By the way - did you all see that Schutt is in Chapter 11 bankruptcy because they lost the first round of their patent infringement case from Riddell? The case is pretty much based on Riddell's patents on the Revolution shell that comes down around the jaw line; the judge ruled that the DNA and ION 4D helmets (which do come down toward the jaw but not as far as the Riddell models and don't have the face mask attached to those extensions) infringe on the Riddell design.

Then there is this:

photo.jpg

I don't believe it is a mini-helmet; just a prototype in a small size. Schutt doesn't make an Air XP mini helmet (the inside of them are still designed to look like an old Air Power helmet) and that is clearly an Air XP helmet (note the ear hole and the area of the sweatband.

By the way - did you all see that Schutt is in Chapter 11 bankruptcy because they lost the first round of their patent infringement case from Riddell? The case is pretty much based on Riddell's patents on the Revolution shell that comes down around the jaw line; the judge ruled that the DNA and ION 4D helmets (which do come down toward the jaw but not as far as the Riddell models and don't have the face mask attached to those extensions) infringe on the Riddell design.

Are you kidding? back when (like 8 years ago) all football helmets looked exactly the freaking same!

Then there is this:

photo.jpg

Then Goliath has come back from the dead to hold that helmet. Look at the size of that paw.

87Redskins.png

I want to believe it's a mini helmet based on the size of the hand in the pic, but I have yet to see that exact design for a mini helmet facemask...

Schutt makes a similar mini facemask, but the wiring is different when it connects to the helmet next to the earholes. This facemask on this Dolphins mini helmet shows the difference:

0217s.jpg

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

as for equipment existing, but not being worn, I do know for a fact that Georgia had the black jerseys and black pants in their uniform set...from what I remember the black jersey had existed for a year before worn in 2007, and the black pants were reborn right after the blackout. That's what I was told, whether that is RIGHT or NOT...

...Richt said himself that "the black pants and helmets had been around" when interviewed about the game last year against. UF. So yeah, from what I know teams I guess bring in the equipment...and then never have the guts to unviel them to traditional fan bases.

Schools get prototypes all the time. I've seen, but not photographed, jerseys galore from several schools.

As for schools having uniforms they don't use, that is the case sometimes. Schools very rarely throw things away, especially pants. When Tennessee brought out the solid orange pants for the 07 SEC Championship, they literally "brought out" the pants. They were the same pants that the team had worn just once in 1999 against Memphis. The tell-tale sign was that they had the old two-color adidas logo that the NCAA banned in 2000 as part of the lawsuit settlement with adidas. The next season, UT ordered new orange pants with white stripes to match the white pants.

On the other hand, UT elected to wear black last season, it was well-publicized that they were manufactured by a local company over 3 days the week of the game.

Notre Dame gets a full set of green uniforms each year and most are never worn.

I want to believe it's a mini helmet based on the size of the hand in the pic, but I have yet to see that exact design for a mini helmet facemask...

Schutt makes a similar mini facemask, but the wiring is different when it connects to the helmet next to the earholes. This facemask on this Dolphins mini helmet shows the difference:

0217s.jpg

That shield looks like crap. The one in the Auburn pic looks really good if it indeed is a mini helmet, which I don't believe it is. IMO it's just a smaller helmet, but not a real mini.

FSU2.gif

Archived