College Football Uniforms 2010-2011

Brave-Bird 08

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think it's meant to be seen except at eye level. The pro combat program is about what the players see, hear and feel on the field, not what the fans can see, hear and feel from the stands. I think it fits its purpose well. You see it when you're getting drilled by a Gator linebacker or burned by a Florida receiver, but it's not even there if you're a fan, because it doesn't need to be. It's not for the fans. It's for the players.

Thinking Nike is making these uniforms for any reason other than to sell more merchandise is naive. Players might think they're cool, but without the possibility of yet another jersey to sell to fans, these never get made.

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

Those Air Force unis are awesome! Who cares if it isn't "their" colors, they are military men who represent the USA. So red, white, and blue is always applicable.

Also, is TCU wearing their Nike SOD again this week?

2ly2w09.jpg

I don't think it's meant to be seen except at eye level. The pro combat program is about what the players see, hear and feel on the field, not what the fans can see, hear and feel from the stands. I think it fits its purpose well. You see it when you're getting drilled by a Gator linebacker or burned by a Florida receiver, but it's not even there if you're a fan, because it doesn't need to be. It's not for the fans. It's for the players.

Thinking Nike is making these uniforms for any reason other than to sell more merchandise is naive. Players might think they're cool, but without the possibility of yet another jersey to sell to fans, these never get made.

I know Nike doesn't sell the jerseys. The only thing fan related that Nike sells for the Pro Combat is a t-shirt. You can look it up for yourself. So... theory #2 is?

I know Nike doesn't sell the jerseys. The only thing fan related that Nike sells for the Pro Combat is a t-shirt. You can look it up for yourself. So... theory #2 is?

They apparently sold last year's jersies. Why wouldn't they sell this year's?

Even if they're not selling this year's, though, the jerseys are a fashion show designed to market Nike's other Pro Combat products. The logic still works.

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

Those Air Force unis are awesome! Who cares if it isn't "their" colors, they are military men who represent the USA. So red, white, and blue is always applicable.

Also, is TCU wearing their Nike SOD again this week?

As I said somewhere somewhere else, Air Force's uniforms are a good nod to the Thunderbirds--both their color scheme and their pilots helmets.

090604-F-1044M-101.jpg

030512-F-1424R-574.jpg

Visit my store on REDBUBBLE

It wouldn't make sense to not sell the Pro Combats. They're team jerseys just like any others.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Hi guys I'm kinda new around here, but is it any consolation that Buckeye Corner stores around here in Columbus sell or at least did sell Ohio State's Pro Combats from last year. Not the full "authentic" jerseys, but replica's with the stitched number's. I haven't seen this year's P.C's yet, but I'm assuming after the Michigan game they will pop up.

Hi guys I'm kinda new around here, but is it any consolation that Buckeye Corner stores around here in Columbus sell or at least did sell Ohio State's Pro Combats from last year. Not the full "authentic" jerseys, but replica's with the stitched number's. I haven't seen this year's P.C's yet, but I'm assuming after the Michigan game they will pop up.

Well actually i remember buying mine last year and it was like a week before the game so hopefully thats when ours will be released.

But they do not sell the helmets. Or the shoes. Or anything except the replica jersey and the promo t-shirt. So I think there is more to it than just selling more merchandise to the fans. It's about exposing the brand to young athletes in hopes that they will stay loyal to Nike as they grow older. It's also about creating something that players and recruits are attracted to, something that makes the occasion of wearing the uniform seem special. There are a lot of reasons these uniforms are being made. No school would see it as a good business decision to get a whole extra set of helmets, jerseys, pants and shoes if it's not really necessary, so I would think that these uniforms are given to the schools. The jersey sales probably just make up for all the money Nike loses in the production of the on-field gear.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

But they do not sell the helmets. Or the shoes. Or anything except the replica jersey and the promo t-shirt. So I think there is more to it than just selling more merchandise to the fans. It's about exposing the brand to young athletes in hopes that they will stay loyal to Nike as they grow older. It's also about creating something that players and recruits are attracted to, something that makes the occasion of wearing the uniform seem special. There are a lot of reasons these uniforms are being made. No school would see it as a good business decision to get a whole extra set of helmets, jerseys, pants and shoes if it's not really necessary, so I would think that these uniforms are given to the schools. The jersey sales probably just make up for all the money Nike loses in the production of the on-field gear.

There are Ohio State "pro combat" mini-helmets for sale all over the place here in Ohio.

BB52Big.jpg

Archived