2010 NBA Playoffs thread

TrueYankee26

• Replies 628
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really hate the 2-3-2 format. If the NHL can pull off the 2-2-1-1-1 then so can the NBA.

I agree and the NBA get this has the extra day off between games in the same city, while the long travel days have had just one day off. Go figure

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

So far its looking like this series is going to a Game 7.

Yep. I wasn't really expecting a Celtics win tonight, I knew LA would come out with guns blazing, but Boston not matching their intensity? Didn't expect that. However this is your usual Celtics loss, lack of effort, zero cohesion, Nate channeling his inner 2008 Sam Cassell and chucking up bad shots. All in all, just a disastrous loss offensively, but not bad defensively. I can't say I'm hanging my head tonight, this isn't a team that dwells too long on bad losses (see Cleveland series). They'll come back for a blow for blow battle Thursday, can't wait. Boston wins game 7 96-91.

I really didn't think there was a snowball's chance in hell of Boston winning tonight. I had the same feeling before Game 5 in '08 and now I don't remember jack about that game. It was eventually rendered meaningless, just like this game will be unless we see a repeat dog:censored: performance Thursday. But the Celtics were not going to waltz right into LA and win the first game of the "road trip." Not gonna happen. Now, it's easy to get down after this disaster and expect doom in Game 7 but I am fairly confident that this will not repeat itself. Forget today and move on. I am really looking forward to a dogfight in Game 7; here's hoping it's a Celtics win for the ages.

Yeah, before the series, it definitely had the potential to be one of the most epic series of all-time (at least of the modern generation), but it has been kind of a dud from game to game. Not an overarching story. There hasn't been too much personal hatred. No big incidents. No constant thread to hold on to.

This is almost what I expected from Game 6. I knew Kobe would be motivated, that was never in doubt. But I felt Pau would step up, and instead of my expectation of Odom it ended up being Artest providing that third spark. The home crowd, just the energy in the building and the determination of the Lakers, this was going to 7.

I just didn't expect it to be such a rousing success haha :lol: , but granted part of it was the Celtics being bad.

But even though the series overall hasn't been great, I have high expectations for this Game 7. I have a feeling this will be one of the great Game 7s. It's Phil Jackson's and Kobe's first Finals Game 7. It's the first for this version of the Celtics, as well. And I know for a damn fact that Game 7s in the NBA aren't won by the Glen Davises, Nate Robinsons, Jordan Farmars, and Shannon Browns of the world. Game 7 is for starters and for stars. This will be a great match-up of stars, of determinations, of just overall skills.

Also interesting will be how do the Celtics deal with Perkins probably out of the starting lineup.

I expect the same or even a greater effort and contribution from Kobe in Game 7. It's the Finals. It's in LA. It's Game 7. Kobe is going to show up, and in a huge way. It's so obvious that of all the players in the Finals, Lakers or Celtics, he is the one individual player that wants this the most.

I expect nothing less that Kobe's absolute best, the Lakers' absolute best, one (or maybe more who knows) of the Celtics Big 4's best, the Celtics' best.

It should be a great one. Bring it on.

LET'S GO LAKE SHOW!

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Hats off to the Lakers for Game 6. They just took us to the woodshed. We took bad shots, made lazy passes, and losing Perk was a huge hit to the interior defense. This is what I initially expected, and I even picked the C's in 7, so it's set up exactly how the NBA wanted, a huge Game 7 for the Golden Ball.

Interesting Note, just heard on 98.5 the Sports Hub in Boston, that this is Phil Jackson's first Finals game 7? If that's true, WOW....a guy with 10 rings has never faced a Game 7...

I thought game 6 was the Celts best shot. I thought they'd be focused and intent on winning the title. I have no confidence in game 7, and especially in LA, I'm doubting the Celts getting any of the 50-50 calls tomorrow night. Lakers will pull away in the 3rd, Celts will keep it within 6 or so thru the 4th and LA will then hold on.

Phil has never lost a series after winning game 1 - Boston has never lost a game 7 in the Finals. Something has to give.

And my dumbass manager swithced me to work 3-10pm so I miss the first half.

:mad:

sig-1.png

I can't belive the loss of Kendrick Perkins hurt the Celtics as much as it did. After he went down, the entire team just gave up. Boston is better than this, and Perkins only averages something like 6 and 6. If he's not back for Game 7, I would have to assume that this series is over and the Los Angeles repeats as NBA champion.

6uXNWAo.png

I thought game 6 was the Celts best shot. I thought they'd be focused and intent on winning the title. I have no confidence in game 7, and especially in LA, I'm doubting the Celts getting any of the 50-50 calls tomorrow night. Lakers will pull away in the 3rd, Celts will keep it within 6 or so thru the 4th and LA will then hold on.

Phil has never lost a series after winning game 1 - Boston has never lost a game 7 in the Finals. Something has to give.

And my dumbass manager swithced me to work 3-10pm so I miss the first half.

:mad:

My $$$ on Phil to make it 48-0 after winning game 1!!!

Clevelandcavaliersfirstlogo.gif Cleveland Cavaliers Curent Logo.png Cavs New Logo 2017-18.jpg

I have been thinking about this game pretty much nonstop since yesterday morning. I don't know if I've ever seen a game that going into it I knew would have so much importance, at least for me. Red Sox games, maybe the 2004 ALCS Game 7, but at that point I still expected to have my heart torn out. The Patriots' Super Bowls were either happy-to-be-there or I was just not afraid of losing (probably because I was about 12). SB 42 was the only one that comes close, only because of 18-0. But I really didn't think they would lose. If I did, that would match up because I still shudder thinking about it. But tonight, this is what sports is all about. It is ALL on the line tonight: legacies will be made or destroyed tonight, dynasties (for lack of a better word -- I don't mean dynasty so much as era of being good) will end; it doesn't get any bigger or better. I have never been so distracted, excited, or downright nervous before watching a sports game in my life. We are right on the brink of it happening, but I still can't even fathom watching Kobe walk away victorious tonight. 2 years ago the Celtics won on June 17th and my birthday started off very, very happy the next day as at midnight the C's were celebrating on the court. I'm pulling for a repeat tonight. The C's are done after tonight -- tomorrow, Reconstruction begins. It might be drawn out or happen quickly but the Big Three era as we know it ends tonight. All the marbles are on the line tonight.

Sorry for the ramble. I can't put my feelings into words right now. 40 minutes left. I have a Final tomorrow and I know about 10% of the material. Who cares.

And as an aside, before I completely lose my mind, I just want to express my gratitude to the Celtics for making it this far in the first place. I expected that they would lose to Cleveland at the latest but this team has shown heart, skill, and determination not shown in the regular season to bring it this far. Win or lose, this season will end with a bang and it's been a crazy run that I have enjoyed for every minute, even with all the frustration at times and horror that could come later tonight. Thank you, Celtics. Now make this whole thing worth it. :D

kg_playermovement.jpg

WIN!

I have been thinking about this game pretty much nonstop since yesterday morning. I don't know if I've ever seen a game that going into it I knew would have so much importance, at least for me. Red Sox games, maybe the 2004 ALCS Game 7, but at that point I still expected to have my heart torn out. The Patriots' Super Bowls were either happy-to-be-there or I was just not afraid of losing (probably because I was about 12). SB 42 was the only one that comes close, only because of 18-0. But I really didn't think they would lose. If I did, that would match up because I still shudder thinking about it. But tonight, this is what sports is all about. It is ALL on the line tonight: legacies will be made or destroyed tonight, dynasties (for lack of a better word -- I don't mean dynasty so much as era of being good) will end; it doesn't get any bigger or better. I have never been so distracted, excited, or downright nervous before watching a sports game in my life. We are right on the brink of it happening, but I still can't even fathom watching Kobe walk away victorious tonight. 2 years ago the Celtics won on June 17th and my birthday started off very, very happy the next day as at midnight the C's were celebrating on the court. I'm pulling for a repeat tonight. The C's are done after tonight -- tomorrow, Reconstruction begins. It might be drawn out or happen quickly but the Big Three era as we know it ends tonight. All the marbles are on the line tonight.

Sorry for the ramble. I can't put my feelings into words right now. 40 minutes left. I have a Final tomorrow and I know about 10% of the material. Who cares.

And as an aside, before I completely lose my mind, I just want to express my gratitude to the Celtics for making it this far in the first place. I expected that they would lose to Cleveland at the latest but this team has shown heart, skill, and determination not shown in the regular season to bring it this far. Win or lose, this season will end with a bang and it's been a crazy run that I have enjoyed for every minute, even with all the frustration at times and horror that could come later tonight. Thank you, Celtics. Now make this whole thing worth it. :D

kg_playermovement.jpg

WIN!

OK, that's probably going to be the most entertaining and ridiculous thing I read today. Oh and the Celtics just called. They say you're welcome. They're glad they could help. :rolleyes:

BB52Big.jpg

kg_playermovement.jpg

WIN!

OK, that's probably going to be the most entertaining and ridiculous thing I read today. Oh and the Celtics just called. They say you're welcome. They're glad they could help. :rolleyes:

Expect a personal message in a few minutes.

Archived