2010 NBA Playoffs thread

TrueYankee26

And had Kobe not gone cold in the 4th, this game wouldn't have been as close. I don't think the Celtics can count on Kobe going cold like that night to night either. It just won't happen. Not in the Finals

I mean, the same is true with Ray. Both players were guarded better tonight, but one still had 29 points and the other had 2. Kobe took some bad shots last night that were well-guarded and low-percentage -- I was actually surprised to see him settle for some of those shots in the second half. Ray just killed the Celtics yesterday. You have to let him keep shooting though; you have to trust him. I don't think we'll ever see this again from Ray, not this bad. He has bad games for sure, but not 0-13 bad. Very glad to see KG step up, and see the bench emerge in the second half. This series is still gonna be a huge battle, can't wait for a crucial Game 4 Thursday.

• Replies 628
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So with the Lakers win tonight, are the C's going to throw the remaining games so Pierce's "we're not coming back to LA" boast is correct? :P

When will they ever learn to just keep their mouths shut? I love it!!! (dance)

Clevelandcavaliersfirstlogo.gif Cleveland Cavaliers Curent Logo.png Cavs New Logo 2017-18.jpg

Celts couldn't get over the hump. 1,1,2 and 2 were as close as it got.

Very frustrating.

Artest's knee to Allen's leg didn't help Ray's form last night for sure,

yet I called the play for him hitting the three with under a minute left, down 4,

as he's done it in bad shooting games before, but it was not to be.

I did notice LA was getting a hand or body in the way of the screens for Allen,

disrupting the chance to catch, jump and release. Great job by their defensive unit

to impede his chances.

I've been saying Fisher never misses when it counts, and he did it

five times last night.

Funny stuff up here - after game 2, we couldn't lose, and

after last night, we can't win.

I think the series is at least going six.

Since the 2-3-2 format inception, the winner of game 3 has won all 25 championships.

sig-1.png

That second "foul" on Rasheed Wallace. Really? Further proving that: NHL Playoffs > NBA Playoffs

EDIT: Well, not too hard to find out who the refs have money on in this series....

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

Officiating still horrendous. Yes, we all agree on that. It's starting to enter "beating a dead horse" category, but it needs to go away.

I'm just surprised that the Lakers let this game slip away to Glen Davis, Nate Robinson, and Tony Allen. That's the only troubling thing is the outscoring of the bench. Phil Jackson's use of the bench has varied from game to game, quite strange. In both Lakers wins, Luke Walton came off the bench early and helped out, and Sasha Vujacic came in late for maybe 2 minutes at most. In both Lakers losses, Luke Walton did not play, and Sasha Vujacic came in early and played more minutes than he rightfully ever should. Kind of a weird side note... Also Fisher needs to come back next season, I don't think I could stomach Jordan Farmar at the point. And when Fish does eventually retire, go sign Chris Paul :P

Gasol still needs more touches. He needs to be much more involved. I don't understand. Am I just not seeing something that Phil is seeing? Pau, when involved, is extremely effective.

Also Kobe went quiet for a few minute stretches tonight. There were times where the Celtics were intercepting forced passes to him, but even when he did have the ball, there were times where he just didn't seem to want to take over. The rest of the team went flat and instead of taking command and willing the Lakers back into it, Kobe went the generous route and tried to get everyone else going. While I appreciate that effort, it wasn't working late in the game. Kobe needed to bring out his Black Mamba persona in the 4th and do it himself. I usually don't advocate Kobe being selfish, but tonight he really should have been.

For Game 5, I either see Kobe coming out and asserting himself, and finally getting Pau in as the Lakers set a tone and dominate the game, or I see the Celtics riding the momentum and taking the series lead. But I still don't see the Lakers losing this series, even if the Lakers lose Game 5.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Whew.

Lakers 26-13 in FTs. So they have no complaints.

The 3rd quarter the rest of the team lost focus when Kobe scored 19.

Celts gonna have trouble in LA though.

I hope Wallace and Perkins don't pick up Ts and get suspended for game 7.

sig-1.png

I'm not gonna waste too much space on this game.

Kobe decided to take over the game, which was great, but everybody else decided to go away and hide. And Kobe going off was great, except the Lakers lost focus on defense and Paul Pierce and Co. matched Kobe shot for shot in the 3rd. It was the perfect time to take the lead. Kobe provided offensive momentum and spark, but the defense quickly extinguished that.

I never want to see Farmar, Vujacic, and Walton together on the floor for that amount of time together ever again.

The Lakers decided to get all panicky late in the fourth, making passes too fast and right into the Celtics. That along with their lack of rebounding late in the game doomed them. They got close, but just as fast as they closed the deficit, it would grow again.

The Lakers just have to win 2 in a row in LA. They've done it once in every series. Time to bring it to the Finals.

Go Lakers.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Finally, the C's play a complete game as a team. Kobe's 19 never had me worried, his frustration overshadowed it all, that's why he couldn't hit clutch shots... Just goes to show that he can't carry this team every single game, and expect to win. Fantastic performance by Pierce, Rondo, and the Defense. Don't think that Doc won't have plenty of bulletin board material on Phil Jackson thinking we'd blow the game in the 4th, this time is clicking at the right time. Great job Phil, I see this one blowing up in his face, Celtics take Game 6. Go Green baby!

Sometimes Kobe becomes his own worst enemy when his supporting cast does not show up. Arms flailing on shots and arguing with officials when the ball is headed the opposite direction. Gasol looks like he is totally drained. Odom has not showed up and Fisher is old. I just do not think that a healthy Bynum would be key since he never is 100%.

The Boston PD has issued Riot control police on the city in preparations for Game 6! Alot of people are saying that the Lakers are going to destroy the C's tonight, but I don't see it at all that way. There's no way Boston wants to have Game 7 at the Staples Center. Ray Allen last shot well in LA, and getting the monkey off his back of the 0-17 streak from 3 will be critical. Ray shoots well, gets in a rythm, Paul stays hot, Kobe gets his 30, and the Celtics take Game 6, and hoist the Golden Ball in LA. 18 baby. Go Celtics!

Archived