2010 NBA Playoffs thread

TrueYankee26

• Replies 628
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You expect good officiating out of NBA refs?

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

I have been thinking about this game pretty much nonstop since yesterday morning. I don't know if I've ever seen a game that going into it I knew would have so much importance, at least for me. Red Sox games, maybe the 2004 ALCS Game 7, but at that point I still expected to have my heart torn out. The Patriots' Super Bowls were either happy-to-be-there or I was just not afraid of losing (probably because I was about 12). SB 42 was the only one that comes close, only because of 18-0. But I really didn't think they would lose. If I did, that would match up because I still shudder thinking about it. But tonight, this is what sports is all about. It is ALL on the line tonight: legacies will be made or destroyed tonight, dynasties (for lack of a better word -- I don't mean dynasty so much as era of being good) will end; it doesn't get any bigger or better. I have never been so distracted, excited, or downright nervous before watching a sports game in my life. We are right on the brink of it happening, but I still can't even fathom watching Kobe walk away victorious tonight. 2 years ago the Celtics won on June 17th and my birthday started off very, very happy the next day as at midnight the C's were celebrating on the court. I'm pulling for a repeat tonight. The C's are done after tonight -- tomorrow, Reconstruction begins. It might be drawn out or happen quickly but the Big Three era as we know it ends tonight. All the marbles are on the line tonight.

Sorry for the ramble. I can't put my feelings into words right now. 40 minutes left. I have a Final tomorrow and I know about 10% of the material. Who cares.

And as an aside, before I completely lose my mind, I just want to express my gratitude to the Celtics for making it this far in the first place. I expected that they would lose to Cleveland at the latest but this team has shown heart, skill, and determination not shown in the regular season to bring it this far. Win or lose, this season will end with a bang and it's been a crazy run that I have enjoyed for every minute, even with all the frustration at times and horror that could come later tonight. Thank you, Celtics. Now make this whole thing worth it. :D

kg_playermovement.jpg

WIN!

If I ever post anything like this, please ridicule me mercilessly for doing so.

You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Congratulations to the Lakers.

Training Camp's next week, right?

Today, we are all otaku.

Ron Artest just thanked his therapist. I'm suddenly reminded of an episode of Frasier where one of the Sonics thanked Dr. Niles Crane in a postgame interview for helping him with his play. I always thought that was just sitcom mumbo-jumbo, but Ronny-boy just proved me wrong.

Towards the end of the game I found myself cheering for the Lakers because of Artest.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Congratulations to the Lakers.

Training Camp's next week, right?

Around 59 days until pre-season NFL games.

Now will Kobe ask Shaq, "How does MY a$$ taste?"

EDIT: How could Stern call that "a classic"?

While many of us knew it why was Magic's ownership in the Lakers never disclosed, outside of Stu Scott just saying "part-owner"?

As great as this win is, how sad is it that they had Phil, Kobe, and D-Fish in a PSA telling fans to celebrate with dignity (err... not riot and burn police cars)

VmWIn6B.png

Game 7. NBA Finals. Celtics vs. Lakers. The marquee event for The NBA and it was absolutely brutal. I swear it seemed like the score was stuck on 57-55 for 20 minutes. What an ugly basketball game. Oh well. Lakers win. Good job. Somebody had to win right? This game reminded of something Don Meredith said during a particularly brutal MNF game back in the early 80's. The Giants and Cardinals were playing one of the worst football games I've ever seen. Somehow the game ended up tied at 20 and went to OT. Both teams missed FG attempts that would have won the game. At that point Meredith said "maybe justice will prevail and neither of these teams will win this game."

God was this game brutal. At least The Lakers comeback was cool to watch.

BB52Big.jpg

That was the most entertaining yet ugly game I've seen in a while. Seriously, if this was the NCAA title game, some of y'all on here would be on here calling it a classic and exalting the positive qualities of college basketball. If you called that a classic, you better call this a classic. NOPE, classic. :P

But yeah, congratulations to the Lakers. Pretty much everybody knew that they were gonna repeat, but damned if they didn't go through a tough road to get there. Great efforts, they played like champs all year and defended their title like champs. Congrats again.

Damnit I?m so sick of the Lakers! I swear being a Laker fan has to be the easiest thing in the world to do!!!

Then do not have an ownership group which is so cheap on a logo "refresh" and spend money on players. Sloan has proved that he can coach, but get him talent to win 16 games when needed.

Archived