2010 NBA Playoffs thread

TrueYankee26

• Replies 628
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Damnit I?m so sick of the Lakers! I swear being a Laker fan has to be the easiest thing in the world to do!!!

Then do not have an ownership group which is so cheap on a logo "refresh" and spend money on players. Sloan has proved that he can coach, but get him talent to win 16 games when needed.

I didn't know all of those things were under Wasatch's control...lol.

Brother's just trying to vent. Let him go, it's all good. I'm a hardcore Celtics fan and I needed my time to vent after the game as well.

Damnit I?m so sick of the Lakers! I swear being a Laker fan has to be the easiest thing in the world to do!!!

Then do not have an ownership group which is so cheap on a logo "refresh" and spend money on players. Sloan has proved that he can coach, but get him talent to win 16 games when needed.

Because it's really that simple. Just ask...well...every team in the NBA not named the Lakers tonight.

You're back on the pill bottle aren't you?

BB52Big.jpg

Will Gingerbreadmann survive this devastating loss?

I hope not. He takes sports way too seriously.

I don't think it warrants death, though. There are worse things to take way too seriously.

And at least I do it publicly, right?

Doing it publicly somehow makes it better? Don't get me wrong, I find your neurotic posts very amusing but I also think you need to see someone about your lack of perspective. A girl would be my first recommendation but I'm guessing that if a girl were possible you wouldn't be so strangely attached to your favorite teams. So I guess you'll have to settle for a good therapist. Seriously dude, your post before the game started was mildly disturbing.

BB52Big.jpg

IDk about the referee complaints. It looked to me, from an unbiased eye, that the Celtics were just simply committing more fouls. The referees swallowed the whistle largely compared to the rest of the series, and I didn't really see any instances where the Lakers got a the beneficial side of the call. There was just more to call in their favor.

Whatever, at least Glen "Oversized Infant" Davis didnt win. I can't stand him

sigpurp.png

---Owner of the NHA's Philadelphia Quakers, the UBA's Chicago Skyliners, and the CFA's Portland Beavers (2010 CFA2 Champions)---

That was the most entertaining yet ugly game I've seen in a while. Seriously, if this was the NCAA title game, some of y'all on here would be on here calling it a classic and exalting the positive qualities of college basketball. If you called that a classic, you better call this a classic. NOPE, classic. :P

But yeah, congratulations to the Lakers. Pretty much everybody knew that they were gonna repeat, but damned if they didn't go through a tough road to get there. Great efforts, they played like champs all year and defended their title like champs. Congrats again.

maybe not the most entertaining I've seen this year, but as it was the one with the most on the line, this was definitely one I could appreciate (mainly cus the Bucks seemed to specialize in "ugly beautiful" games this year and last...which is a big step up from 07-08's ugly hideous games...even most of that year's wins felt like losses). even though the good guys lost. if this were either college ball or football, nobody would be scoffing at the notion that this game should be considered a classic.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

IDk about the referee complaints. It looked to me, from an unbiased eye, that the Celtics were just simply committing more fouls. The referees swallowed the whistle largely compared to the rest of the series, and I didn't really see any instances where the Lakers got a the beneficial side of the call. There was just more to call in their favor.

That may be so.

sig-1.png

I don't think it warrants death, though. There are worse things to take way too seriously.

I forgot which series it was, but you made a post about the Celtics and it began with, "Ok, this is personal now!".

Doing it publicly somehow makes it better? Don't get me wrong, I find your neurotic posts very amusing but I also think you need to see someone about your lack of perspective. A girl would be my first recommendation but I'm guessing that if a girl were possible you wouldn't be so strangely attached to your favorite teams. So I guess you'll have to settle for a good therapist. Seriously dude, your post before the game started was mildly disturbing.

I was joking about the publicly part -- because it clearly gives you and others some good enjoyment, that's why I said it.

Believe it or not, I don't go on spontaneous 500-word rampant introspective monologues about sports in real life. I am guessing that's a good thing. Seriously though, I'm not mentally disturbed by a peculiar obsession with sports. I appreciate your honesty and concern for me though, I really do. I could write a long explanation of my thought process and my inner feelings but that would just perpetuate the problem. To cut to the chase, I can say a lot of stupid and emotional :censored: in-the-moment. Sometimes I treat this board too much like a diary or a blog of a diehard fan. I tend to go on and on while writing sometimes, and when no one understands what I am saying, and even I usually don't a few hours later, it just looks neurotic or whatever, and it pretty much is. I just try not to start a big controversy or offend anyone (and that doesn't always work! :)). Sure it invites insults, and you, sir, certainly never fail to deliver in that department, but I usually don't really mind. I try to ignore it and to laugh at myself afterwards (exhibit A: the quoted post above), even though I have only succeeded in making myself look stupider in general. I could keep going but that's the gist of it. Overall, I think I have proven in most other parts of this site (as well as non-emotionally-charged sports posts) that I'm not always stupid, neurotic, disturbed or completely immature. But maybe not. And I assure you, this is strictly Internet behavior. After all, the Internet is some serious :censored:.

So there you go. At the risk of sounding tragically weird or lame in the paragraph above, I am willing to admit to the world that I indeed have problems. Yes, it's been confirmed: I'm human. But that aside, I'm all ears if you want to help me out in the female department (though not so much the therapist department). :D

I forgot which series it was, but you made a post about the Celtics and it began with, "Ok, this is personal now!".

Yeah. It was Orlando. See above. That was probably the worst case; tonight I didn't even think was that bad comparatively.

Yet L.A. still riots again.

Artest thanks his psychiatrist and that sadly is mocked by my local "sports talking head". Sports fans knew he was unstable when he applied for a job at a Circuit City after his rookie season for the employee discount, but he making progress to find himself and that should not be knocked or mocked.

Odom and his "relationship" with Khloe Kardashian is another issue.

Phil Jackson is now 48-0 when his teams win Game 1 of any playoff series.

And this is interesting... When the NBA Finals are tied 1-1, the team that has won Game 3 has never lost the series. With the 2010 Lakers winning #16, the Game 3 winner is now 13-0.

The 2010 Celtics became the seventh team in NBA history to lose the NBA Finals despite a 3-2 series lead after winning Game 5. Statistically, teams that win Game 1 win the Finals 73% of the time, but the team that wins Game 5 wins the Finals 87% of the time.

All i could think about during last nights game was "Man, this would be better with some vuvuzelas..."

Wow, was that a boring, uninteresting game 7. Snooze city...

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

And this is interesting... When the NBA Finals are tied 1-1, the team that has won Game 3 has never lost the series. With the 2010 Lakers winning #16, the Game 3 winner is now 13-0.

The 2010 Celtics became the seventh team in NBA history to lose the NBA Finals despite a 3-2 series lead after winning Game 5. Statistically, teams that win Game 1 win the Finals 73% of the time, but the team that wins Game 5 wins the Finals 87% of the time.

Place it in the 2-3-2 era to be modern. U.S. posters here have no clue on real history American sport, less World Cup since it is during while I post this.

Place it in the 2-3-2 era to be modern. U.S. posters here have no clue on real history American sport, less World Cup since it is during while I post this.

I misplaced my drunk to english dictionary, can someone translate this for me?

IUe6Hvh.png

As dishearted as I am, I can muster a congrats to the Lakers. No matter how much I can't stand LA. The ref's really changed thier whistles midway through the 3rd, the aggressive play that they let go all night suddenly became touch foul material. No excuse though, I just still can't believe the C's didn't take it. We were in it the whole game, and the Lakers just found a way to win the game. I'm dishearted to know that the current team is going to be completely different next year. Doc is probably gone, 1 or 2 of the big 3 won't be there next year. I still hold my head very high for this team, and being a C's fan. Go Green!

In other news, Good lord, the Designer in me was oozing with thanks to know the C's didn't take the title. Those Locker Room shirts with Marketing Script font as "Champions" was udderly horrid. Looks like a 3rd grader designed those.The hats were terrible too, I wonder which truck stop or Hat Shack they got those customized, Yeesh.

Congrats to the Lakers for doing something they haven't done all postseason: Finish a series at home.

OK, now that Phil Jackson has 11 championship rings... Where the hell is that going to go? On his big toe?

Archived