2010 NBA Playoffs thread

TrueYankee26

And as for my Denver Nuggets, this is NOT the same team under Adrian Dantley as the one we're used to under Coach Karl. It's been silly fouls and unenthused play the entire way against a Utah team who has down two of their top four players for the entire series. Not that the refs have really been helping matters, but when you are down 20, there is no excuse. Denver's gonna need a miracle to win this series (Yeah, not happening).

I think you are speaking too soon. ^_^

qvxym9f.png
Many thanks to Discrimihater for making the sig.

• Replies 628
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And as for my Denver Nuggets, this is NOT the same team under Adrian Dantley as the one we're used to under Coach Karl. It's been silly fouls and unenthused play the entire way against a Utah team who has down two of their top four players for the entire series. Not that the refs have really been helping matters, but when you are down 20, there is no excuse. Denver's gonna need a miracle to win this series (Yeah, not happening).

I think you are speaking to soon. ^_^

The Nuggets aren't going to win this. Too little, too late. Carmelo can't make up a 10 point differential by himself with five minutes to go.

6uXNWAo.png

The Nuggets aren't going to win this. Too little, too late. Carmelo can't make up a 10 point differential by himself with five minutes to go.

No faith in your team? Well being down 3-1 I can?t really blame you, but as a Jazz fan, I still don?t think the series is quite over yet!

Utah_Jazz_2010-11_Identity_Signa-2.jpg

Another NBA postseason, and yet another marvelous choke job (in the making) by the Dallas Mavericks.

I don't understand how this team can consistently keep itself in the hunt out West through the regular season...and then disappear like a sock in the dryer come postseason (if not immediately before it). It's not like they don't have the talent--but as we know, talent can only go so far. But with these Mavericks, year in and year out, it all just seems to go to s#!t soon as the bright lights of the postseason flick on (again, if not immediately before it). It's almost as if they're the NBA's version of the San Diego Chargers or something. And now here they find themselves down 3-1 to the #7 seed Spurs--as a #2 seed. (I still ain't forgot about the 2007 postseason, when as THE TOP seed out west, they ended up choking themselves right out of the first round of the tournament to the eighth-seeded Golden State Warriors.) That's just inexcusable--that is, unless of course they want to pin all this on Dan Crawford... :therock:

The Dallas Mavericks...my vote for most consistent NBA playoff chokers in the (recent) history of NBA playoff chokedom.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || BehanceΒ ||

No faith in your team? Well being down 3-1 I can?t really blame you, but as a Jazz fan, I still don?t think the series is quite over yet!

It's over. They were basically waving the white flag after last night. The NBA's probably the most difficult league to make a comeback in when you're down 3-1. Probably not gonna end in 5, but it'll probably be done when they get back to Utah.

Β 

Β 

No faith in your team?

With Melo being then only player to suit-up for the Nuggets last night, on top of the 'Ole!' defense being implemented by Interim Coach Dantley, the game was essentially over by that point.

6uXNWAo.png

It's over. They were basically waving the white flag after last night. The NBA's probably the most difficult league to make a comeback in when you're down 3-1. Probably not gonna end in 5, but it'll probably be done when they get back to Utah.

Going into this post-season, 189 teams have been down 3-1 in NBA Playoff history. Only eight teams have managed to comeback and win the series.

Melo is going to look good in a New York Knicks uniform next year, after he bolts Denver (and the Knicks fail to land any of the super elite free agents in 2010).

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Β 

Melo is going to look good in a New York Knicks uniform next year, after he bolts Denver (and the Knicks fail to land any of the super elite free agents in 2010).

So, you don't think Carmelo Anthony is a super elite player? Where would you put him them? The next cut below, meaning very good but hasn't done that much in the playoffs? And for those who don't know, the farthest Anthony and the Nuggets have gone in his tenure is the Western Conference finals once.

So, you don't think Carmelo Anthony is a super elite player? Where would you put him them? The next cut below, meaning very good but hasn't done that much in the playoffs? And for those who don't know, the farthest Anthony and the Nuggets have gone in his tenure is the Western Conference finals once.

Carmello isn't a free agent in 2010. He has an Early Termination Option after the 2010-2011 season that would allow him to become an unrestricted free agent.

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Β 

Is it me or the Hawks cannot win a road playoff game......Series now tied with the Bucks at 2-2

There's no excuse for it. In '08 it was because they were young. In '09 it was because they couldn't handle Dwyane Wade getting home cooking. But they've got plenty of experience on the road now, & yet they are still a bad road team.

Not taking anything away from the Bucks, though. Scott Skiles is coaching circles around Mike Woodson, Jennings is literally running circles around the Hawks, Delfino has finally made his appearance in the series, and Kurt Thomas (!!!) is getting into the heads of our front court. Plus, they've realized that the Hawks' perimeter defense is terrible, and that Jennings can basically drive to the hole every time and just do whatever he wants and they will probably succeed. That development may change the entire series.

And in the mean time, instead of making adjustments and/or buckling down and doing what they did well in Atlanta, the Hawks would rather bitch and moan about calls. I mean, it's amazing how easily this team gets flustered on the road, head coach included. You'd think that they'd know by now that they aren't going to get the benefit of the doubt from the refs on the road, that EVERYBODY is going to be gunning for em, and that the home team is going to step their game up just by being at home.

But nope, they still continue to get blown out on the road in the playoffs. It's gone from being a necessary evil with this team to just being annoying. This team had a prime chance to go up 3-1 and come home and ice this thing, but now they're going to gamble with another 7-game first round series. And even if (probably when) they get past Milwaukee, they're gonna get crushed by a well-rested Magic team, who just won their series. Wonderful. That's why everybody picked the Hawks to win the NBA championship!!! :D

But, like other teams in Atlanta, nobody will be held accountable until it's too late.

Β 

Β 

Carmello isn't a free agent in 2010. He has an Early Termination Option after the 2010-2011 season that would allow him to become an unrestricted free agent.

Ok. By next year I thought you meant next season, not literally the "next year", my error, ha. Either way, I'm still curious as to how good you think Carmelo Anthony is, Jigga.

In other news, I thought the Mavericks would be better than they have played thus far in the playoffs. I think this could be their last legitimate chance to win a title, what with all of their somewhat old guys getting a year older, but we all know that Cuban will try to do whatever moves it would take to improve his team if it gets to that point. They aren't done yet, but damn, it's gonna be tough to come back against the Spurs.

Is it me or the Hawks cannot win a road playoff game......Series now tied with the Bucks at 2-2

There's no excuse for it. In '08 it was because they were young. In '09 it was because they couldn't handle Dwyane Wade getting home cooking. But they've got plenty of experience on the road now, & yet they are still a bad road team.

Not taking anything away from the Bucks, though. Scott Skiles is coaching circles around Mike Woodson, Jennings is literally running circles around the Hawks, Delfino has finally made his appearance in the series, and Kurt Thomas (!!!) is getting into the heads of our front court. Plus, they've realized that the Hawks' perimeter defense is terrible, and that Jennings can basically drive to the hole every time and just do whatever he wants and they will probably succeed. That development may change the entire series.

And in the mean time, instead of making adjustments and/or buckling down and doing what they did well in Atlanta, the Hawks would rather bitch and moan about calls. I mean, it's amazing how easily this team gets flustered on the road, head coach included. You'd think that they'd know by now that they aren't going to get the benefit of the doubt from the refs on the road, that EVERYBODY is going to be gunning for em, and that the home team is going to step their game up just by being at home.

But nope, they still continue to get blown out on the road in the playoffs. It's gone from being a necessary evil with this team to just being annoying. This team had a prime chance to go up 3-1 and come home and ice this thing, but now they're going to gamble with another 7-game first round series. And even if (probably when) they get past Milwaukee, they're gonna get crushed by a well-rested Magic team, who just won their series. Wonderful. That's why everybody picked the Hawks to win the NBA championship!!! :D

But, like other teams in Atlanta, nobody will be held accountable until it's too late.

look on the bright side: Mike Bibby's at least earned himself a role in the next crappy Slap Shot sequel or a Thrashers tryout, take your pick :hockeysmiley: that, and Josh Smith's learned a few things he can do in Milwaukee: block fewer shots than Jennings and get his Boute kicked by Moute.

One thing I was impressed by: the return of the pre-contract Dan Gadzuric (he was a decent backup once upon a time).

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🀬

Ok. By next year I thought you meant next season, not literally the "next year", my error, ha. Either way, I'm still curious as to how good you think Carmelo Anthony is, Jigga.

In other news, I thought the Mavericks would be better than they have played thus far in the playoffs. I think this could be their last legitimate chance to win a title, what with all of their somewhat old guys getting a year older, but we all know that Cuban will try to do whatever moves it would take to improve his team if it gets to that point. They aren't done yet, but damn, it's gonna be tough to come back against the Spurs.

My opinion matters little, and I am often wrong in my player evaluations. :P

How-EV-er, I am a HUGE Melo fan. I love his game, and it really seems as though he's gotten his act together off the court. I would certainly consider him one of the super elite NBA players.

Β 

Hey guys, guess who's quitting another job! Gotta go, I have...health...problems? Opens up a spot for head coach Charles Oakley.

β™« oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is goneΒ β™«

Umm.......what does Brad Miller have to do to shaq in order to not get a foul called??? Run away! Absolute bull :censored:. Other than the early 4th quarter officiating, I'm fine with the way the bulls played this series. When does free agency start?

sigpurp.png

---Owner of the NHA's Philadelphia Quakers, the UBA's Chicago Skyliners, and the CFA's Portland Beavers (2010 CFA2 Champions)---

Haha, why? Circling your calendar for Rudy Gay Day?

Is Vinny Del Negro coming home with the team to get fired, or are they just gonna do it now and strand him in The Land of Factories?

β™« oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is goneΒ β™«

Archived