Brandon Marshall to Wear #0

rmackman

I don't get the point of this. Marshall was #6 in college, and he was #15 with Denver. Why the heck would you wear #0? The only person who I can remember doing that was Robert Parrish.

p7445757dt.jpg

0311_large.jpg

Maybe Benito Santiago's #09 counts?

santiago.jpg

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's the NFL Shop's placeholder until they announce what number he'll be wearing.

Except that he's listed on the Dolphins roster as #0 also...?

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

I don't get the point of this. Marshall was #6 in college, and he was #15 with Denver. Why the heck would you wear a #0? The only person who I can remember doing that was Robert Parrish.

There have been plenty. In fact, Marshall would not even be the first NFL receiver to wear a #0 themed jersey. Ken Burroughs wore 00 with Houston. There was also Jim Otto of the Raiders.

BlueSky probably knows the player but I believe there was a guy on The Saints who wore #0 back in the late 60's - early 70's. There was also Jeffrey Leonard of The Giants...

4a97fcf188a3d_75577f.jpgjimottordr.jpg

I don't know who this dude is but he wore 00 pretty recently.

Darrell+Arthur.jpg

Here's a better (but really big) shot of Ken Burroughs.

170707808_26574b52ed_o.jpg

BB52Big.jpg

All roads lead to Dollar General.

Considering that the allowed WR numbers are 10-19 and 80-89, and 0 isn't a legal number, I'd say that this thread has FACEPALM written all over it.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Considering that the allowed WR numbers are 10-19 and 80-89, and 0 isn't a legal number, I'd say that this thread has FACEPALM written all over it.

ZOMG EPIC FAIL LOLZ!!!132456

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

ZOMG EPIC FAIL LOLZ!!!132456

That was an epic reply.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Jeff McInnis wore #0 with the Cavs, and Darnell Jackson wore double zero with the Cavs.

Of course Gilbert Arenas, then I think Marco Belinelli, Aaron Brooks, Drew Gooden, Larry Hughes, Shawn Marion, Leon Powe (Boston), and I think Russ Westbrook?

That's what I know for basketball.

As for football, there's a limited number of players. The ones I can think of have already been posted.

I do remember LeCharles Bentley petitioned the NFL to wear #00 with the Browns, but was ultimately turned down, or gave up.

Oh, and Rick White wore #00 with the Phils.

177469535_744fb303b1_m.jpg

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

...and if you said that you'd be wrong since this thread turned into an interesting conversation about players who have worn 00 or 0 on their jerseys.

spacer.png

...and if you said that you'd be wrong since this thread turned into an interesting conversation about players who have worn 00 or 0 on their jerseys.

No matter what it has become, your insistence through the first five posts of the thread has to be a little facepalm-worthy, especially when NFLshop.com -- where the image comes from -- specifically says: "Disclaimer: The player's number is subject to change and the jersey will not ship until the official number is issued"

I don't get the point of this. Marshall was #6 in college, and he was #15 with Denver. Why the heck would you wear a #0? The only person who I can remember doing that was Robert Parrish.

There have been plenty. In fact, Marshall would not even be the first NFL receiver to wear a #0 themed jersey. Ken Burroughs wore 00 with Houston. There was also Jim Otto of the Raiders.

BlueSky probably knows the player but I believe there was a guy on The Saints who wore #0 back in the late 60's - early 70's. There was also Jeffrey Leonard of The Giants...

Yep - Obert Logan.

08F.jpg

And the Saints spent the #10 overall pick in 1970 on Kenny Burrough. Somehow he ended up in Houston the next year. Not sure on the details of that one but he was just one of many Saints draft disasters. B)

4263339257_d657691632_o.jpg

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

And Davone Bess said he's not gonna give up #15 for any price, so I could easily see Marshall taking Ginn's #19.

Facebook: CustomSportsCovers Twitter: CSCovers

No because when the Irish came to Ireland and first came in contact with the leprechaun people, they didn't take their land away and force them to move west. Instead, the two groups learned to assimilate peacefully. However, certain tribes of the leprechaun refused to taint the pure blood and moved north into the forests of Ireland, only to be seen rarely, usually at the same time of a rainbows appearance and occasionally at the factories of Lucky Charms.

And Davone Bess said he's not gonna give up #15 for any price, so I could easily see Marshall taking Ginn's #19.

What ever happened to wide receivers using #80-89? It's just weird seeing all these younger WRs wearing the same digits as quarterbacks and kickers.

6uXNWAo.png

Archived