Complete Michigan State Spartans rebrand

nicklas

is there a person on this planet who likes pro combat pants stripes???

I actually thought the uniforms looked good...but then I saw the behind photo.

procombat pants stripes = clunkiest...dorkiest...most uninspired thing ever

I don't know man didn't they have plain white pants last year? with no stripes just a logo. That is as uninspired as you can get.

Indiana+Michigan+State+ringer.jpg

I don't see how anyone can not see this as an upgrade. Look at last years uniforms. Plain green jersey, plain white pants, plain generic block font, plain plain plain

I would prefer the all white pants over pro combat pants anyday, b/c all white pants look clean. their green stripe pants from 2009 looked good too. Had they gone with BETTER LOOKING, inspired, piping for the pants these would be a big upgrade in my opinion. I like the jerseys...more to look at.

But, have you not seen the pro combat stock stripe? it's an awkward and clunky blob...it looks terrible...plus with the yoked jerseys plain pants would probably look best.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So who thought it was a good idea to come up with an old school updated modern football uniform? I like the green. The rest of it is an awful clash of two distinct styles of uniform. Two styles that cannot work when combined. In terms of style this is like a blue pinstriped suit with parachute pants. Pick one or the other and live with it.

Except for the number font, I like the basketball and hockey uniforms.

BB52Big.jpg

I didnt realize the pants stripe was that much different.

this might be the oddest/most interesting rebrand by a college team in a while.

I think I can live with the new uniforms, just b/c they will be cool to look at, but that alternate is pointless (notice the irony, considering the new pointy numerals)

rarely do you see colleges implementing new colors either. bronze? really?

I don't know man didn't they have plain white pants last year? with no stripes just a logo. That is as uninspired as you can get.

I don't see how anyone can not see this as an upgrade. Look at last years uniforms. Plain green jersey, plain white pants, plain generic block font, plain plain plain

Which is exactly why this ISN'T an upgrade.

Plain beats the hell out of ugly everyday.

Which is exactly why this ISN'T an upgrade.

Plain beats the hell out of ugly everyday.

In this case, I agree. And it's because of the color.

Green isn't one of the more popular colors out there. It's also one of the more difficult colors to work with due to how it appears under certain lighting conditions. Sparty has a nice-looking shade of green. And to be sure, the script above the jersey numbers does add justasmidge of distinction to the overall look.

All that said...I have no clue where this bronze color came from. I get the feeling that was 100% pure Nike there. (Which also makes me wonder if Nike owns the new script marks, akin to the Oregon "O".) The numbers are okay...the problem is that those notches are a good bit too deep (and the one in the "4" should be in the inside corner of the inner triangle.) As for those new wordmark...looks like a bad mashup of Mississippi State's new scripts and North Dakota's new "ND" monogram logo. I don't understand it, nor do I like it. Not even a little bit.

Having said that...at least now all teams have unified logotypes and numbers and such, though obviously it looks better in some applications than others.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

As a whole, this identity is an upgrade, IMO.

But the football uniforms reallly suck, to be blunt.

I really don't like the Predators-esque numbers on the football uniforms, although I could live with them.

I hate the shoulder yokes, anytime a team with only one dominant color (other than white) has a shoulder yoke, it ends up being white on the color uniform, not good; IMO.

And the pants look like they just filled in the panels on the pro-combat uni.

All in all the football uniform is ugly, and does not flow well at all.

Love the basketball look however, the font works well for a basketball uniform, and the design isn't too over-the-top for the Spartans.

As for the hockey uniforms, they look nice to me, although I can't say too much because I know nothing about college hockey unis.

And I don't like what I see with that shield logo; silver and copper/bronze together? idk if that'll work. prove me wrong please.

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

I didnt realize the pants stripe was that much different.

this might be the oddest/most interesting rebrand by a college team in a while.

I think I can live with the new uniforms, just b/c they will be cool to look at, but that alternate is pointless (notice the irony, considering the new pointy numerals)

rarely do you see colleges implementing new colors either. bronze? really?

It happens especially with black (Miami, Georgetown, West Virginia), silver (Boise, Oregon, Mizzou), pewter (UNC), red (TCU)...rarely it works, but I like the bronze

Thank God they finally got rid of "State" on the front of those basketball jerseys.

I hate when schools refer to themselves as "state" or use an "S" as a logo, it's too generic. I mean growing up in PA i always hear people say "Go State" it's annoying and the "S" zone is pointless. Like what happens when MSU comes to beaver stadium? when they say Go State are which team are they cheering for?

Archived