Quick Warriors Concept

chickenfish13

Hey Guys. I 'm still looking for feedback on my ECHL redesign, but I saw the Golden State Warriors possible new logo, and thought I'd try a few things. It was done fairly quickly, so it may be missing something, but it's pretty much just an update of the leaked image.

Thanks.

gswarriors.png

The font doesn't seem to fit. Its a nice render, but the line work seems too thick. I keep seeing an orange in the background.

_CLEVELANDTHATILOVEIndians.jpg

SAINT IGNATIUS WILDCATS | CLEVELAND BROWNS | CLEVELAND CAVALIERS | CLEVELAND INDIANS | THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

The font doesn't seem to fit. Its a nice render, but the line work seems too thick. I keep seeing an orange in the background.

I agree about the font, it kinda bothers me that there are slab serifs in some places and some letters have very small serifs, or none...

Can't tell if there is a space between Golden and State but if there is it is way to small to notice. It should be two words.

For such a simple logo, theres way too much going on. The thick ball stripes overshadow the think stripes on the bridge, and the uneven outlines couples with the direction of the ball stripes create a lot of movement that makes the whole thing look like its tilting backwards

Clean the bridge and circle part up so it stands up straight. Ditch the ball lines and in that upper right space above the bridge put either a number or a cool "GSW" logo.

goforbroke_zpsb07ade0a.jpg

Logo looks great but they're a clone of the Nuggets and Grizzlies color-wise.

Replace the medium blue with something else...but not orange.

I second this. I actually really like that wordmark. The only issue with this concept, for me, is the color scheme. I'm not against orange either--I actually like the Warriors current colors. Sue me :P

OK, heres an update, Im not sure if the colors work, Im going to keep experimenting with those

- Thinned the lines on the basketball, didnt really think it made sense to have anything else there.

- Changed the font, made a space between "Golden" and "State"

gswarriors2.png

2 things. I am seeing more of an Orange (the fruit) now rather than a basketball/sun. Second, the font is a big time update... but it still doesn't seem to fit.

SAINT IGNATIUS WILDCATS | CLEVELAND BROWNS | CLEVELAND CAVALIERS | CLEVELAND INDIANS | THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

Nice work Chickenfish.

Chickenfish has also been helping me with some logo concepts for my game/league. Here is some of his work http://www.crapsbaseball.com/rocketeers2.png & http://www.crapsbaseball.com/fugitives2.png

Thanks.

And I can't take full credit for those, I'll give a shout out to whoever designed the original logos, that you gave me to update.

And ESTONE, is that because of the line widths, or the colors?

And ESTONE, is that because of the line widths, or the colors?

I can't say that I see any oranges anywhere other than the color outlining the logo. How does it look like an orange?

CF, if you're going to add orange to the logo (which I don't think you should as this color scheme is unique in the current NBA--no one has royal blue and gold as their colors currently), then make sure that the gold is on the yellow end as opposed to making it more orange. Maybe the inclusion of the orange outline makes the gold on the inside of the ball look more orange, but from what I can tell, it seems like you made the gold more orange too.

I say go back to what you had for the logo in the original post. The lines on the basketball make the basketball look like a basketball (not an orange). Then focus on the wordmark. It seems like you're trying to force the whole 'Golden State' fitting into the shape of 'WarriorS' thing. Perhaps you can refer to this logo for wordmark inspiration. Keep the same placement (below the logo, straight, and horizontal), but perhaps make 'Golden State' a brush script and 'Warriors' a squat, sans-serif face like Turnpike.

Overall, I like it.

Few personal opinions:

• 1-Stick to 3 colors, not 4. 4 is just too many for my tastes. I'd make your mind up on one shade of blue or the other. (Don't go back to navy, powder blue, and gold because that is the Nuggets.)
    2-Shrink the white lines on the basketball even a little more.
    3-Straighten the bridge. It's artistically pleasing if it were a different object, but bridges shouldn't be falling.
    4-If you are going to keep both gold and orange, make the gold a little less orange-colored (more yellowish) so they are more different.

Just cut an orange in half... hold it up to the screen. They share a lot of like qualities. I think the basketball seems just need to be thinner, and a bit more crisp/defined. Also, I think having the center pile/tower of the bridge at an angle does a bit of a dis-service to the logo.

I think the blue outline could be a bit toned down. Not sure if the orange outline is needed to be so thick either. Maybe just a subtle accent would work better.

I think it would look better (and get rid of the orange look-a-likeness) if you make the basketball lines just a tad thinner and drop orange as a color. Just stick with royal blue and yellow as the colors. It goes back to the history of the franchise and will get rid of the Grizzlies/Nuggets comparisons. Also, you're logo has the same flaw as the one that appeared on the watch, and that is the outer orange ouotline is off center (the bottom is bigger than the top).

jNTsTyQ.png

3-Straighten the bridge. It's artistically pleasing if it were a different object, but bridges shouldn't be falling.

This.

I understand the perspective you're going for, but it looks like the bridge has been demolished.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

I think you're on to something with the white basketball lines in the circle. Just don't get too cocky. :rolleyes:

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

OK, thanks for all the comments. I'd try to sift through them as best as I could and take out what you guys think I should do. I honestly had the outline on the ball kind of off for a reason, as I thought it looked kind of interesting, but I changed it. Heres an update, with color options.

- Changed the perspective on the bridge

- Shrunk the lines even a bit more

- Changed the outlines on the ball

gswarriorscolors.png

Archived