Oklahoma City Barons

kwhey

I like how it utilizes the oil drop from the parent club's logo. I also like the shield secondary logo that has not only the oil derrick but also what resembles wheatfields at the bottom. Not bad overall though I agree with uk-owns-iu in that this is a better name and identity than the Thunder

I like the name a lot. The logos are okay, but there isn't a logo there that really looks like it would fit as the primary crest on their jerseys.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

I'm sorry,but they should still be the Blazers,but that's just me though!

+1

You would think that Bob Funk (former owner of the Blazers and owner of the Barons) would follow that line of logic.

Dear Oklahoma City: We want our name back. Keep your lousy logo.

Signed, Cleveland.

Dear Cleveland,

We have in fact received and looked over your request. Do note that we understand you have a history of the name, but we have to take a minute to ask: why? What does one become a Baron of in Cleveland? At least with a history of the Edmonton Oilers and our tradition of oil production, we can lay claim to the name as an Oil Baron. We sought some advice from an acquaintance of ours, a Mr. Daniel Plainview. See, he's an oil man. Needless to say, he gave us a link of other famous Oil Barons over a milk shake and a sad tale about his child being abandoned or some such bother. We've included the link (http://www.forbes.bz/2003/09/15/cz_400_oil.html) for you to look at, and give you a reminder that your origins were really the Cleveland Indians (not the MLB team) but merely changed the name to the Falcons and then to the Barons. So, Mr. Plainview and we would gladly deny your claim to such a name as the last identity died a horrible death and should really be striken from all our memories.

Our best regards,

Oklahoma City

Signed, Cleveland.

Oh, please - you've got the Monsters in Cleveland now. Leave the past in the past. The ownership of the Monsters would've had every chance to name the team the Barons, but they didn't. Oh, and it actually makes sense in OKC.

Signed,

A Cleveland Sports Fan.

EDIT: That shield is beautiful, however. I really like this logo set.

6fQjS3M.png

Signed, Cleveland.

Dear Cleveland,

If the name was so good, how come nobody showed up to support the team?

Signed, Hockey Fans Everywhere

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Barons? Not so fast, my friend...

http://puckchk.tumblr.com/post/602416793/so-after-much-speculation-for-months-last-week-it

bisons.jpg

So,after much speculation for months,last week it was leaked that the new AHL hockey team to start play in OKC for the 2010-2011 was going to be named The Barons. Now,these t-shirts were spotted at the Bricktown Ballpark during the RedHawks game. The shirts read ?OKC Bisons-Hockey is back? and were worn by the ballpark attendants?hmmmmmm

Can?t wait til Wednesday the 19th for the official announcement that?s for sure.Yours truly will actually be able to attend!!

What a freaking waste of time to file Barons with the USPTO or or make up Bison tees as a misdirection attempt. This isn't a major league team where you need to file a dozen names to keep the squatters at bay and the media interested. And ho boy, these are crummy logos. The Barons is at least Oilers related and more professionally done even if kinda lame - the Bisons is too close to the Thunder mascot, so I wonder if they were concept tees.

Also... the plural of bison is... bison. So... Bisons??? Might as well double down on the foolishness and crunk it up with Bisonz... :wacko:

What a freaking waste of time to file Barons with the USPTO or or make up Bison tees as a misdirection attempt.

If they were ever seriously considering using the name Barons, if they bothered to have the marks created, it makes perfect sense to register them. Why wouldn't they protect themselves?

Archived