What happened to the Larry logo at midcourt?

Quillz

I think the new patch makes more sense. Like I said earlier, having an actual patch in the shape of the trophy seems to imply both teams had already won or something. The new patch is more akin to a World Series or Super Bowl patch.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't like it

From afar, I thought it was the Latin Night patch for a mintue.

Not to say I don't like the Hispanic community, I just don't like the patch as a Finals patch and I don't like the placement around the NBA logo.

Keep the NBA logo on the left shoulder like always, then make a Finals patch for the right shoulder

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

I don't like it

Not to say I don't like the Hispanic community, I just don't like the patch as a Finals patch and I don't like the placement around the NBA logo.

Keep the NBA logo on the left shoulder like always, then make a Finals patch for the right shoulder

Okay, anything that distances you from a trophy that looks like a ball going into a garbage can is good. The trophy itself it horrible and the giant decal on the court was just as bad if not worse. The NBA really needs to evaluate that crappy trophy and come up with something better.

i don't find anything wrong with the Larry O'Brien trophy. In fact, i pretty much like all of the trophies that are given out in all of sports. I do agree & disagree with the patch. I am not a fan of the new one (as i love the previous years), however, it does make sense that it says "Finals" much like the Stanley Cup one. Maybe next year add the full Larry with Finals written underneath or even in the middle? I do agree that it should be opposite side of the league's logo. As for the giant Larry at centercourt, NOT A FAN. it looked cheesy and out of place. I think the team logo should remain centercourt and "The Finals" where we saw it lastnight.

I don't like it

Okay, anything that distances you from a trophy that looks like a ball going into a garbage can is good. The trophy itself it horrible and the giant decal on the court was just as bad if not worse. The NBA really needs to evaluate that crappy trophy and come up with something better.

Are you serious!? That trophy has been around for years. It's classic.

bSLCtu2.png

I don't like it

Are you serious!? That trophy has been around for years. It's classic.

Classic? It's one of the crappier and cheaper looking trophies out there. A basketball falling into a trashcan? Just because it's been around for a while, does not make it good.

I definitely liked the trophy patch much better than what they decided to go with this year. I guess it was time for a change though.

I think it'd be cool if the two teams in the finals wore their respective conference champions trophy as a patch. Then the team who wins would wear the finals trophy the following season (except I don't know if everyone would agree with that because the team may be entirely different--in terms of players; especially after this off-season.)

Just my 2 cents.

I also did like the trophy logo at midcourt. I'm dissapointed that it's not on the court at all this year.

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

I definitely liked the trophy patch much better than what they decided to go with this year. I guess it was time for a change though.

I think it'd be cool if the two teams in the finals wore their respective conference champions trophy as a patch. Then the team who wins would wear the finals trophy the following season (except I don't know if everyone would agree with that because the team may be entirely different--in terms of players; especially after this off-season.)

Just my 2 cents.

I also did like the trophy logo at midcourt. I'm dissapointed that it's not on the court at all this year.

And so am I. I just loved the trophy. Why don't they put the NBA finals logo along with the "Finals script" with year, ala-like this:

2009_nba_finals_sports.jpg

With trophy on the right.

Just my quick two cents: I don't really miss the trophy at mid court, but I do miss something, anything to ensure to me that I'm indeed watching the Finals. I really thought the look on the court and the uniforms weren't enough to show that this was the finals. The wordmark inside the arcs don't look that good (if anything they should be at two o'clock and seven o' clock from center court like it used to be (sorry that's the best description I've got haha).

And then the patches? Yikes. For one, it should be on the other side of the jersey from the NBA logo, like it has been since '96. There's no reason to make a mess around the NBA logo just for kicks and giggles (the only exception was '02 Faker....er, I mean Lakers/Nets, when the 9-11 patch was on the opposite site. That was fine.) and what makes it worse is that the patch looks just like all the special "nights" and "weeks" the NBA has had the past two years. If I tune into the finals and think I'm watching a game from "Latin Night" or "Green Week" or any other gimmick the league puts on, that's a problem.

The solution? Make an entirely new finals logo (that wordmark is sheer crap....seriously, is that a sports championship logo or the brand for a televised dancing competition?), and put it the side of the jersey OPPOSITE from the NBA logo. Then people like me who are freaks about the looks and patches of championship games will be happy.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

Just my 2 cents.

And so am I. I just loved the trophy. Why don't they put the NBA finals logo along with the "Finals script" with year, ala-like this:

2009_nba_finals_sports.jpg

With trophy on the right.

Like this?

5rxl4j98r10cevf7eyz5dryqn.gif

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

Archived