Marlins ditching teal in new color scheme

Dexter Morgan

David Samson told us that teal won't be included in the Miami Marlins color scheme. This infuriates me!

Thoughts?

Maybe the royal blue seats in the renderings of the new stadium are an indication of what color they are leaning towards.

MarlinsRenderinginside2012.jpg

Personally I think they should go with a green color for it's primary.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The logo behind home plate looks like Navy, Lt Blue and white.

Looks teal to me...

It looks like they threw the current logo on the field. Considering how protective MLB Properties is of their new brand identities, it's very unlikely that the Marlins would just throw out the new logo/colors/identity package without a big announcement.

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

first off, lets clear this up. the marlins type behind home plate is the current color scheme and name font and was done to just show where some art could be placed on the field. personally, i think that the seat color could change as well and was also just a neutral color put in for the rendering.

ive stated somewhere that i think the marlins will be going with a silver and orange scheme. the orange keeps popping up everywhere, from posters to flags to what have you. silver is a color that is already in the marlins logo and no one in the majors uses it (the white sox kind of use silver/gray). i am sure the black will stay an accent color. but, for now they are keeping it pretty hush as ive heard no direction other then not teal.

Miami.png

silver is a color that is already in the marlins logo and no one in the majors uses it (the white sox kind of use silver/gray).

The Rockies use silver too. So do the Angels.

The Marlins are making an awful mistake, especially if they're going with orange and black.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

first off, lets clear this up. the marlins type behind home plate is the current color scheme and name font and was done to just show where some art could be placed on the field. personally, i think that the seat color could change as well and was also just a neutral color put in for the rendering.

ive stated somewhere that i think the marlins will be going with a silver and orange scheme. the orange keeps popping up everywhere, from posters to flags to what have you. silver is a color that is already in the marlins logo and no one in the majors uses it (the white sox kind of use silver/gray). i am sure the black will stay an accent color. but, for now they are keeping it pretty hush as ive heard no direction other then not teal.

The White Sox, Rockies, Angels, Mariners and Blue Jays all use Silver. The same Silver that the Marlins also use.

The Marlins had a great color scheme and uniform, once. But they've been systematically chipping away from it, downgrading the teal in favor of black, adding unnecessary outlines and in general cluttering up the uniform.

This is only the latest in a long line of poor design choices. Go back to the originals, teal caps and all, and you've got a winner.

The Marlins had a great color scheme and uniform, once. But they've been systematically chipping away from it, downgrading the teal in favor of black, adding unnecessary outlines and in general cluttering up the uniform.

This is only the latest in a long line of poor design choices. Go back to the originals, teal caps and all, and you've got a winner.

This.

This.

x1000. I think I remember the owner saying something along the lines of he wanted to go with "what sells, and that's silver and black" or something like that--then orange gets mixed in there.

You'd think that, with the guy having a thing for artwork, he'd have a bit more of a color sense. Guess not.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Maybe the royal blue seats in the renderings of the new stadium are an indication of what color they are leaning towards.

Meh. Logically that makes sense, but it's not a lock. In fact, it points out one of my biggest gripes about Miller Park. The seats and structural work are green, while the team is blue. The outfield fencing used to be green, until it got changed for either the All Star Game or Mr. 3000.

It's where I sit.

Creole blue, silver, orange, and black. Make it happen.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Meh. Logically that makes sense, but it's not a lock. In fact, it points out one of my biggest gripes about Miller Park. The seats and structural work are green, while the team is blue. The outfield fencing used to be green, until it got changed for either the All Star Game or Mr. 3000.

Minute Maid Park had the same problem. Everything from the seats, dugouts, and signs were green with green being one of the few colors the astros have never used in their color scheme. The dugout tops were switched to red for the all star game and all the signs and marking were switched to red about 2 years ago.

only color scheme I can think would work is light green and orange. I really wanted to see teal and orange...but one time I did a concept of that and people didnt like it too much.

and the blue seats might be creating an ocean theme? mayhaps? just a thought. kind of clever if that was the intention.

Bingo! Simply rename the franchise the Miami Marlins, swap-out "Florida" for "Miami" and the "F" for an "M" on garments/merchandise, and go back to the team's original uniforms. Done. Perfection. Call it a day.

Well, we knew this was coming. Doesn't make it any easier now that it's "official." Odd that such an official statement from May 29 was missed until now.

I agree with those that want the teal to return. If not to 1993 form, then at least 1997-2002. Too bad. But as I've said here before, it could always make a triumphant return. (And fans won't stop wearing it -- seems to be an endless supply of the old teal caps down there.)

Archived