Adidas Championship Division

raysox

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This post you got going is really good if not great. All the team names, logos, and uniforms look good. Keep up the good work.

Three personal thoughts though:

1. I agree with the Arizona team looking like one representing New Mexico and I echo the need to add navy (maybe in place of maroon) in the logo along with in the uniform.

2. The cosmos, overall, look good. Maybe adding navy and yellow piping (minimal) would be good. Plus updating the logo would be cool. Nothing drastic. Maybe a more modern illustrated ball and fixing the cosmos wordmark a bit.

3. As for your Carolina Flyers, it's just amazingly crazy how I've also had the idea of making a soccer league with at team from Carolina (Carolina Cougars FC) that was located/representing the Triangular research area with the extra same colors representing the colleges in that area (Columbia- UNC, Blue-Duke, Red-NC State). That's really cool actually. The only difference is that I had Bank of America as team sponsor.

MetsChiefsEspnSig.gif

College sports as we know them are just about dead. The lid is off on all the corruption that taints just about every major program and every decision that the schools or the NCAA make is only about money, money, and more money. We'll have three 16+ team super-conferences sooner rather than later, killing much of the regional flair and traditional rivalries that make college sports unique and showing the door to any school that doesn't bring money to the table in the process. Pretty soon the smaller schools are going to have to consider forming their own sanctioning body to keep the true spirit of college sports alive because the NCAA will only get worse in it's excess from here

I feel obligated to post one.

Motor City FC

The first one I did, actually. I just kinda wen with what felt good here. I did a winged wheel here, with what looks to be an arrowhead design behind it. Motor City FC going across the top, also 2010 for good measure. I like the jerseys a lot more than the logo. Kind of based the piping off an adidas template, which I've done before. Then ran stripes down the back a la Germany from 32 in 32. Chevy is the sponsor, since, you know, they're black and gold.

MotorCityFC.png

I LOVE THE NEW ONE! Wow, literally no suggestions on changing it in any way. I do think you should keep Chevy as the sponsor, I think it fits better with the colors. A big blue Ford logo would kill it IMO.

30vja50.png

GIANTS_REDSOX_CELTICS_LIGHTNING_BULLS

motor city just screams germany; it puzzles me that you would not use Ford for the sponsor since it's Motor City....

General Motors is also located in Detroit, so it would be a toss up.

As for Phoenix, i'd replace Maroon with Purple, or at least try to get purple into the mix. I see you are trying to make it look like the Sun Devils, but to me, it's screaming New Mexico

motor city just screams germany; it puzzles me that you would not use Ford for the sponsor since it's Motor City....

Not to mention, the GM logo is on top of the tallest building in Detroit.

That said, I would move away from using any of the Big 3 as sponsors since one of the conditions of their bailout was that they had to pull sponsorship from all sporting events which is why the Motor City Bowl is now the Little Caesars Pizza Bowl. Actually, Little Caesars' logo would tie in much better with these colors.

Not to mention, the GM logo is on top of the tallest building in Detroit.

That said, I would move away from using any of the Big 3 as sponsors since one of the conditions of their bailout was that they had to pull sponsorship from all sporting events which is why the Motor City Bowl is now the Little Caesars Pizza Bowl. Actually, Little Caesars' logo would tie in much better with these colors.

The team name IS Motor City FC.

Ottawa 1867

One thing across the pond that some soccer teams do, that we don't over here is have a year in their name. 1867 is the equivalent to 1776 here in America. Ottawa has a consistent colour scheme in black and red. Though the in-provence rivalry that'd be set up with Toronto FC, which use red and graphite as a scheme. I had to make it different, so I went the black route. Notice the nod to the Sens' stripes. The logo is a combination of a few things, such as a maple leaf... and a circle... Yeah. Instead of a sponsor, I put the team name on the stripes. THe only thing I really don't like is the black jersey's name across the stripe.

Ottawa.png

Again, 2 solid concepts. Really the only critique I would have would be regarding the stars on the Motor City FC crest. As we all know, clubs and countries typically use stars to signify the # of championships won. It's your concept, but I would think that this league would keep with that tradition as well.

gYH2mW9.png

A note about dates in European soccer teams names, most if not all the dates used are the establishment date of the club in some form or another, some may be a bit odd because of previous team mergers and dates go back further than you'd think.

I guess it could be a quirk to the North American game to just use important dates in team names though.

The logos, as per all your logos, are just fantastic.

Archived