Adidas Championship Division

raysox

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have really enjoyed your creativity on all of these concepts. Better looking league than the MLS IMO. Cant wait to see how the rest of these work out. With the Sens nods on the Ottawa concept, this team cant fail.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

I don't know how I missed Minnesota, but while pretty much all of your concepts have been excecuted very well, I could actually see myself going out and buying the Owls shirt... well done!

Lemme just post this one, then I'll add pewter to Ottawa.

Tampa Bay Rowdies

My team!

Some things. I went back to the original set a few times. I did the original colours, with the original hoop sleeve shoulder designs. Then the original script is used in the logo. The logo, I wanted to make my own, but keep it simple. Green and yellow stripes, broken up by the crest, and script. Also, one star for the NASL Championship. I thought Outback Steakhouse would be a good sponsor, so thats cool. Hoop socks to throw a tie in with the sleeves. And thats really it.

Rowdies.png

Atlanta: If this were an actual team, the blue/(sort-of-)orange color scheme might not go over real well marketing-wise. Remember that Atlanta is a Georgia Bulldogs town above all else, and blue/orange are the colors of their hated rivals Florida. Maybe change the primary color to green? Yes, that would resemble Miami U, but then UGa doesn't have a big rivalry with them.

Miami: This is really sharp. Of course, the obligatory team marketing slogan to go with it would be "Real Men Wear Pink".

Edmonton: Sweet.

Carolina: Meh.

Indiana: The state flag colors are navy and old-gold; your colors are close enough that you could add the state flag emblem onto the kit (maybe as a secondary logo) if you wanted.

New York: Hard to improve on the original, so a good move to just keep it simple.

Phoenix: I like this, though it could use a little blue trim to break up the loud colors.

Minnesota: I take it the "S" in "SC" actually stands for "Superb"? :)

Detroit: The kits are really sharp. "Motor City FC" is fine as the team name, but as others have pointed out, it really should lose Chevy/GM as the shirt sponsor, for the same reason ManU dropped AIG.

Ottawa: Again, really sharp.

Tampa Bay: See New York above.

CCSLC signature.png

I'm really not convinced by the Rowdies logo, I do like the Rowdies script but I really don't like the way it has been distorted into smaller and bigger letters, I think it'd look so much better if they were all the same. The 'Tampa Bay' writing also looks quite lacklustre. However the kits are works of art minus the red sponsor on the home.

I didn't make the script, that was the original. It's just kinda classic. The current team has Tampa Bay in that font, too so I threw it in.

St. Louis Olympic

This one really started out as a silly team name, but it works. FACT St. Louis hosted the 1906 Summer Olympics. St. Louis has French heritage, being a big port back in the day. There is a Fleur-de-leis in the city flag, so that explains my logo a little. It's a fleur with an Olympic flame on top. The words are the ones from the current AC St. Louis set. The colours are also Budweiser colours. I wanted to have some pin stripes in the league,and I used them here. I put them on the front, with piping running around. Comment!

StLouis.png

That Olympic flame fleur-de-lis logo is exceptional. The color palette is very pleasing, as well. Although with the pinstripes, side-to-bottom stripes, and shoulder stripes, I think it may be a bit cluttered.

It's a beautiful set, nonetheless, as have many of your concepts have been.

Punch9

Looks like Spain from WC06, which is a good thing. I think the adidas logo and the crest should be across from each other, not stacked. It looks cluttered with the sponsor too.

Oh Punchy, those grey lines are just seams, so its not as crowded as it seems.

Eagles/Heels/Dawgs/Falcons/Hawks

I'm just going to comment on the ones from this page, if that's okay.

Tampa: I don't love the red sponsor logo on the home, when red is nowhere else to be found in the whole identity. The rest of the kits are awesome. On the crest: Clean up the "Rowdies" part, just eliminate "Tampa Bay," and move the star, maybe to where that almost-indistinguishable Florida silhouette is. This crest could be modernized really well.

St. Louis: The crest looks awesome but on the kits I definitely don't like how you have giant adidias logo(IDK if the size is just for easy visualization since it's that size on all the kits so far)-crest-sponsor log stacked. The fleur-de-lis really blends in the way you have it now and the whole mess is too vertically crowded. I would think that going to the traditional logos on the breasts instead of stacked on the chest would really free things up, and maybe adding a background to the fleur would help it stand out more. The rest of the kits, especially Budweiser, really work.

I finally finished San Antonio! Too bad thats next.

Atletico San Diego

San Diego is close to the border, so I went with a spanish name here. The name somewhat rhymes, and is pleasing to the tongue. Maroon and Orange isn't in this little league of mine. The logo just kinda grew and I didn't have a plan, more like what I could create. It's basically a crest with a sash deal running over it. The jersey design is a somewhat simple one. A design running up the front, with horizontal pinstripes that don't touch the design in the middle. The design from the logo is under the back numbers. I threw in a collar for good measure. Lastly, I went a little nuts and didn't use 3 striped socks.

SanDiego.png

Archived