2010 NCAA Football Thread

Gary

Miami hires now-former Temple coach Al Golden as new HC.

Unlike the Will Muschamp hire that came out of left field, this is a rumor that actually turned out to be true.

That's a really good hire for Miami. Al Golden was able to turn Temple around for christ's sake. He's a good recruiter, his teams play hard, and they're well-disciplined. Plus, he's got the best head of hair in the business.

and this week, Miami will sell 269 season tickets.

This is more than terrible unless he can keep many kids from South Florida.

No cache = no more people in the seats.

1) cachet

2) Dude :censored: ing won at Temple. Nobody wins at Temple. He's going to win a metric :censored: ton of games in Miami, and THAT will bring ticket holders back.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1. Simply prove that a Newton (Cam or Cecil) did do something that broke NCAA rules.

2. Simply prove that Kellen Moore is attending all his classes and doing all his classwork.

1. http://secfb.neswblogs.com/2010/11/12/atlanta-tv-station-cecil-newton-admits-to-soliciting-pay-for-play/

2. According to Yahoo Sports, Kellen has a 3.8 GPA. I doubt he's skipping class.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

1. Simply prove that a Newton (Cam or Cecil) did do something that broke NCAA rules.

2. Simply prove that Kellen Moore is attending all his classes and doing all his classwork.

1. http://secfb.neswblogs.com/2010/11/12/atlanta-tv-station-cecil-newton-admits-to-soliciting-pay-for-play/

2. According to Yahoo Sports, Kellen has a 3.8 GPA. I doubt he's skipping class.

Yes, he asked for money from Mississippi State, has it been proven that he actually received money for Cam yet? No, once again your making me prove a point I don't like to prove, if it had been proven that money has actually exchanged hands then Cam would have been suspended and he wouldn't have even been a finalist, until they are done investigating we won't know if he got paid or not, I'm hoping as much as the next guy that he did but he is innocent until proven guilty, and he hasn't been yet. Therefore he was "eligible" to play and be a finalist for the Heisman, and the Heisman goes to College Football's best player who sure as hell wasn't Kellen Moore, it was Cam Newton whether he got paid or not.

Check out my new NFL 2016 Series!

You'd have to pretty damn gullible and/or a total SEC homer to believe that Cecil would only ask for money from Mississippi State and not Auburn. That makes no logical sense.

Did I say that I think Cecil didn't ask for money from both anywhere in my post? No I didn't. You have no room to be calling anyone here a homer, even if I am one, your the biggest homer I have ever seen. I have said mulitple times I hope and I think he is going to get caught, I had a whole argument with footballfiji about it in here somewhere. BUT the fact of the matter is that it hasn't been proven yet, and until it is proven we don't really know, and as long as he is eligible he should win the award, if he was on Boise State you would be saying he is the best College Football player ever, he was 100 times better the Kellen Moore and he was about 10 times better then anyone else, he is a fantastic player and he should be awarded for it, if we find out he was getting paid then they can take the award away from him but there was no one even close to him in the Heisman race this season.

Check out my new NFL 2016 Series!

How can you say, with absolute certainty, that Kellen Moore is attending classes? Since you're nowhere near Boise, you can't speak with absolute certainty. Therefore, you can't prove that he's going to class.

Besides, if the Heisman folks found Cam Newton worthy enough to be included on the ballot, seems to me that Newton passed their integrity test....

How can you say, with absolute certainty, that Kellen Moore is attending classes? Since you're nowhere near Boise, you can't speak with absolute certainty. Therefore, you can't prove that he's going to class.

Besides, if the Heisman folks found Cam Newton worthy enough to be included on the ballot, seems to me that Newton passed their integrity test....

Kellen Moore is perfect. Just like anyone who plays at Boise State.

BB52Big.jpg

All roads lead to Dollar General.

You'd have to pretty damn gullible and/or a total SEC homer to believe that Cecil would only ask for money from Mississippi State and not Auburn. That makes no logical sense.

You touch a hot stove. You burn your hand. Do you touch a hot stove again?

If you're like most Americans when they see dollar signs, yes.

You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Guys, just call him Kellen. Lights Out is on a first name basis with him. There's no reason the rest of us shouldn't be.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Guys, just call him Kellen. Lights Out is on a first name basis with him. There's no reason the rest of us shouldn't be.

We don't bleed orange and blue 'til we die.

BB52Big.jpg

Why must we (Dim Light) spend all day and night talking about a team playing in this year's Macaroni and Cheese Bowl? Season's over for Boise. Let's go ahead and move on to something a little more relevant to the nat'l championship, already!

6uXNWAo.png

Why must we (Dim Light) spend all day and night talking about a team playing in this year's Macaroni and Cheese Bowl? Season's over for Boise. Let's go ahead and move on to something a little more relevant to the nat'l championship, already!

Dude, there is nothing more relevant than the Boise State Broncos. Not just in college football; in life. You need to see the light. Kellen should have won the Heisman because not only is he the best QB since Joe Montana, his urine cures cancer. And...he goes to class and has a 3.8!

BB52Big.jpg

If this isn't the face of someone who skips class, then I don't know what is.

longinthehtooth.jpg

gbaCXZn.png

Unlike the Will Muschamp hire that came out of left field, this is a rumor that actually turned out to be true.

That's a really good hire for Miami. Al Golden was able to turn Temple around for christ's sake. He's a good recruiter, his teams play hard, and they're well-disciplined. Plus, he's got the best head of hair in the business.

1) cachet

2) Dude :censored: ing won at Temple. Nobody wins at Temple. He's going to win a metric :censored: ton of games in Miami, and THAT will bring ticket holders back.

While at Temple, Golden did not beat a team with a winning record, in conference. They spend the most money at Temple, but did not get it done late in the season. Miami has done this in terms of hiring before just getting a lesser name or assistant, but when Coker gets canned with a record of 60?15, Shannon was 28-22, so what expectations are on him? He does graduate players, but so did Shannon. How he recruits Dade and Broward will be important since The coaching landscape has changed since they got Johnson from Stillwater or Erickson from Wazzu, not only since they're in the ACC, but also UCF and USF have established programs.

Whitlock summed it up well this morning.

1) cachet

While at Temple, Golden did not beat a team with a winning record, in conference. They spend the most money at Temple, but did not get it done late in the season. Miami has done this in terms of hiring before just getting a lesser name or assistant, but when Coker gets canned with a record of 60?15, Shannon was 28-22, so what expectations are on him? He does graduate players, but so did Shannon. How he recruits Dade and Broward will be important since The coaching landscape has changed since they got Johnson from Stillwater or Erickson from Wazzu, not only since they're in the ACC, but also UCF and USF have established programs.

Whitlock summed it up well this morning.

And yet his team beat Connecticut this season. Which you may notice is playing in the Fiesta Bowl this season (as undeserved as it may be.) You're right he hasn't beaten a winning MAC team, but if you're a MAC team with a winning record you are a legitimately dangerous squad to anybody clear up to the BCS elites.

Today, we are all otaku.

LightsOut,

Look to what you have to look forward to Versus ratings up double digits.

Wait, the highest rated game was still from the Pac-10. When your new conference has to write such blogs to act as press releases, then good luck to having the additional TV money. ESPN will own the rights to the Broncos' games at Mississippi and Toledo, but the MWC cannot opt-out from their current deals with CBSCollege and Versus, just try to get more money meanwhile BYU, Utah, and TCU will leave in the next two upcoming seasons. Sounds great for the future of The Mtn. Network.

Archived