2010 NCAA Football Thread

Gary

The Jacksonville State Dolphins just stunned Ole Miss, 49-48, in double overtime. Wow.

Jacksonville Dolphins.

Jacksonville State Gamecocks.

C'mon, will...you're better than that.

So I confuse two Florida schools with similar names.

You've GOT to be trolling. It's the only way. Nobody could possibly be wrong this many times in one day by accident.

sticksstones4.png

The world's foremost practitioners of professional tag-team wrestling.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice showing by Big Blue and especially their QB today. Sets up a nice matchup next week between Michigan and Notre Dame.

Tate Forcier kind of showed himself to be a bit of a punk today. If Denard Robinson ends the season as the starter, I can't see Forcier returning to Michigan next year.

Denard Dominated that game. 197 rushing yards and 19-22 passing with 186 yards. 1 TD on the ground and one through the air. His first drive as a starter he took them 96 yards for a TD.

As far as Forcier, that was classless. Denard cheered for Tate all of last year, put in the work in the offseason and overtook him. Now, Tate pouts and takes some of the attention off a great performance by Denard and the team as a whole. If he is going to act that way, he won't be missed. It is clear the team has much more respect for Denard, and he is much easier to like.

MegatronSig2.jpg

Nice showing by Big Blue and especially their QB today. Sets up a nice matchup next week between Michigan and Notre Dame.

Tate Forcier kind of showed himself to be a bit of a punk today. If Denard Robinson ends the season as the starter, I can't see Forcier returning to Michigan next year.

Denard Dominated that game. 197 rushing yards and 19-22 passing with 186 yards. 1 TD on the ground and one through the air. His first drive as a starter he took them 96 yards for a TD.

As far as Forcier, that was classless. Denard cheered for Tate all of last year, put in the work in the offseason and overtook him. Now, Tate pouts and takes some of the attention off a great performance by Denard and the team as a whole. If he is going to act that way, he won't be missed. It is clear the team has much more respect for Denard, and he is much easier to like.

The Forcier family will be a problem. Last year, Tate's brother, Jason lived in Ann Arbor with him, so it should be apparent that they believe he should start and he may still have a mouthpiece there for him still. His dediction/reading his press clippings early last season seems to have been his downfall.

I don't know if there any Oklahoma State fans, but those fans gotta love seeing Kendall Hunter rip up the Wazzu defense for 208 yards on the ground and 3 touchdowns so far.

That, my friends, is a manly feat of manly proportions.

The Bayou Bengals sure know how to take it to a shorthanded team.

Utah State will not die in Norman and Kansas is losing to North Dakota in the fourth quarter.

It's North Dakota State, New Era, and guess what? Kansas just lost to the Bison 6-3.

Can someone cue up the losing horn from The Price is Right for the Jayhawks.

Utah State will not die in Norman and Kansas is losing to North Dakota in the fourth quarter.

It's North Dakota State, New Era, and guess what? Kansas just lost to the Bison 6-3.

Can someone cue up the losing horn from The Price is Right for the Jayhawks.

Bisons, Fighting Sioux they're all the same to me :P who knew North Dakota could have two fairly large universities. But in all seriousness that's crazy Turner Gill could maybe have expected this at Buffalo but at Kansas?

Nuts I tells ya.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

We now know where Tate Forcier (and family) stand

But we had the first "WTF, Les Miles" moment very early tonight.

Holee sheez...there will be rioting in Oxford tonight.

Welcome to the Hall of Shame, Ole Miss...the second FBS team this week to go down to an FCS school, joining Villanova and the '07 Wolverines in the ranks of big boys beat by little boys.

(And somewhere...I'm sure Flame is sitting somewhere laughing hysterically at this result.)

'Nova's FCS I-AA. That said, this happens a couple of times every year, and yet, Re: Ole Miss and Kansas: AAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

Also Indiana and Nebraska won. Minor celebration.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

I can't believe I picked North Carolina to finish sixth in the nation.

To be fair, you couldn't have seen the scandal coming. That said, North Carolina's anemic offense probably would have precluded a finish that high anyway.

You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Don't look now, but North Carolina is driving with a chance to take it to OT. Down only a TD with 2:11 left.

So after week 1, that's 2 SEC coaches who are in deep :censored:. Awesome.

Today, we are all otaku.

Don't look now, but North Carolina is driving with a chance to take it to OT. Down only a TD with 2:11 left.

So after week 1, that's 2 SEC coaches who are in deep :censored:. Awesome.

Best knee-jerk reaction ever.

Looks like there's gonna be a crazy ending at the dome. LSU couldn't finish the game, now Carolina's got 19 seconds to tie it.

Archived