2010 NCAA Football Thread

Gary

Pitt hits a game-tying field goal as time expires in the 4th quarter.

Except Utah called a timeout.

Pitt then missed the game-tying field goal.

Except Utah called a second timeout.

Pitt then hits the game-tying field goal to put this game at 24-all and send it into overtime.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pitt hits a game-tying field goal as time expires in the 4th quarter.

Except Utah called a timeout.

Pitt then missed the game-tying field goal.

Except Utah called a second timeout.

Pitt then hits the game-tying field goal to put this game at 24-all and send it into overtime.

There is such a thing as being too cute with that.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

First upset of the season is in motion

Utah holding onto a 3-point lead over #15 Pitt at 24-21 with 4 minutes left in Salt lake City.

I don't know how big of an upset it would be, Utah always has a talented team and they've been damn near unbeatable at home. I need some OT in my life, though, so I'm hoping Hutchins can nail this FG.

They iced him twice... nailed it the first time, missed it the second. Why would you ice him again? They need to put an end to that very-last-second-timeout crap..

Well rankings-wise it's an upset.

I knew this was a dangerous game for Pitt, because like you said, Utah is always a talented team now and they are tough to beat in Salt Lake.

Either way, time for some Sudden Death... uh I mean... Sudden Victory ( :rolleyes: ) overtime.

Bad game for the Gophers. Even though they won 24-17, it was too close of a game against a team like Middle Tennessee State. I have little to no hope of them beating USC next week. But we'll see.

You do realize that if MTSU's QB hadn't gotten into a metric :censored: ton of trouble last week, you would have been the underdog in that game.

I didn't realize that. But I have always thought the Gophers non-conference schedule was extremely easy and every non-conference game they play in should be a victory. That is, until they got the guts to play USC.

You mean Cal?

You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Bad game for the Gophers. Even though they won 24-17, it was too close of a game against a team like Middle Tennessee State. I have little to no hope of them beating USC next week. But we'll see.

You do realize that if MTSU's QB hadn't gotten into a metric :censored: ton of trouble last week, you would have been the underdog in that game.

I didn't realize that. But I have always thought the Gophers non-conference schedule was extremely easy and every non-conference game they play in should be a victory. That is, until they got the guts to play USC.

You mean Cal?

No, I mean USC. They played Cal last year, I forgot about that one. But my point is that they have some very weak non-conference opponents every year.

First upset of the season is in motion

Utah holding onto a 3-point lead over #15 Pitt at 24-21 with 4 minutes left in Salt lake City.

I don't know how big of an upset it would be, Utah always has a talented team and they've been damn near unbeatable at home. I need some OT in my life, though, so I'm hoping Hutchins can nail this FG.

They iced him twice... nailed it the first time, missed it the second. Why would you ice him again? They need to put an end to that very-last-second-timeout crap..

Well rankings-wise it's an upset.

I knew this was a dangerous game for Pitt, because like you said, Utah is always a talented team now and they are tough to beat in Salt Lake.

Either way, time for some Sudden Death... uh I mean... Sudden Victory ( :rolleyes: ) overtime.

Nah, nothing sudden about it*. God I love college football.

*Until you throw a first play interception. Oh boy...

IUe6Hvh.png

On the first play of overtime, Utah intercepts Pitt.

Now Utah just needs the field goal to win it. Should see some conservative offense to set up a chip shot.

You mean Cal?

No, I mean USC. They played Cal last year, I forgot about that one. But my point is that they have some very weak non-conference opponents every year.

Yeah, they host USC in week 3.

IUe6Hvh.png

On the first play of overtime, Utah intercepts Pitt.

Now Utah just needs the field goal to win it. Should see some conservative offense to set up a chip shot.

WANNSTACHE!!!

Today, we are all otaku.

Week 2. I'm going to it, and it'll be pretty cool, from the perspective of a Minnesotan. I'm sure a USCer could care less.

Week 3. You're apparently going to see USD vs. Minnesota -- D, not C. Dakota, not California.

IUe6Hvh.png

Utah hits the field goal and beats #15 Pitt, 27-24.

That was a dumb game to schedule, Pitt.

You gotta fill up the 5 game Non Conference slate somehow. And Wannstache was promised a Camaro if he went along with it.

Today, we are all otaku.

Week 2. I'm going to it, and it'll be pretty cool, from the perspective of a Minnesotan. I'm sure a USCer could care less.

Week 3. You're apparently going to see USD vs. Minnesota -- D, not C. Dakota, not California.

Damn scalpers. :P

Sorry, my mistake. I am going to the USC game, but I confused my dates.

Pitt lost that game after they blocked the punt in the 3rd, got the ball at the Ute 8, lost yardage and settled for a FG.

They had to schedule somebody as their now former AD (Jeff Long now at Arkansas) let Clemson out of its two-game series with the Panthers. Knowing that you had national TV for a Utah game twists one's arm.

This game is why you will rarely ever see BCS schools actually go to the BCS busters' snakepits.

That being said...man, is it great to see college football back or what? This has been a great night, even if that was the only game that had an ending that was in doubt.

Damn scalpers. :P

Sorry, my mistake. I am going to the USC game, but I confused my dates.

You confuse more than the calendar.

My prediction goes as this...Both Boise State and TCU will lose this weekend

You forgot UConn.

I know you guys are going to say it's just an Ohio State fan just talking s**t but....I wouldn't be tempting fate and counting that game as a win until the clock hits zero Saturday.

Whyyy oh whyyy must you have Joe Beninanti announce Pitt-Utah, Versus?

Damn. The best game of the night and I missed it because I didn't even think to check what Versus was showing. I always forget that Versus even carries college football. Had I known that game was on I would have watched it and put OSU - Marshall on the "secondary" feed (my little TV.) It's not like the Buckeyes game was a real thriller or anything. At least they didn't play like they did against Navy last season and damn near blow it. Good start for Ohio State but we'll see what they're really made of when Miami comes in next week.

Can't wait to see Boise get their asses handed to them Monday night.

Finally, how good could Pitt be if they had an actual competent head coach?

BB52Big.jpg

I wish ESPN picked the Pitt-Utes game sounds like an epic.

You cannot pick it up if you do not have a contract with the conference hosting the game.

The TCU/Oregon State game, while still in Tarrant County (Arlington), it replaces a game that they were supposed to play in Lubbock against Texas Tech. ESPN wanted to move the Texas@Texas Tech game up earlier in the year to put it on their network. The weekend they chose was the weekend TCU was at Tech. ESPN and Cowboys Stadium offered TCU a made-for-television game on opening weekend against a strong Pac-10 school. Their Texas Tech series is still intact.

Archived