Lightning Concept

Shmee

I may get some criticism for this jersey being too TATC, but I like more modern kinda stuffs and thought this one turned out pretty well. That lining isn't supposed to be a gradient, it's supposed to be a silver material similar to that used on the Nashville Predators jerseys but I used the gradient to make it look less gray. Anywho, feedback (good or bad) would be awesome.

lightning.jpg

sticksstones4.png

The world's foremost practitioners of professional tag-team wrestling.

the sleeves are cool, and kudos for the name on the side, i've done that numerous times (although the last time i did was a thrashers jersey)...figure this would be considered about as off the wall as what i did with the Ning awhile back-sleeveless! :D

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

how would that look like for Lecavalier or Khabibulin? I like everything but the name plate...it only would work with a short name. A long name would be condensed too much to fit, but then it would be too assymetrical on the back (and don't get me started on Atlanta's thirds for symmetry).

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

My first reaction was "shazaam!" :shocked:

It's out there, but I like it.

I'm also probably on the side of wanting the name over the numbers too.

JeffB

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

Okay...here's another try, less Discrimified :hockeysmiley:. I took the suggestions of relocating the nameplate to the normal location and changing the body of the jersey to blue and rolled with them. Hope y'all like. More feedback= better than sweet.

lightning2.gif

sticksstones4.png

I like your second one much better. The only modification I would make would be to use the original Lightning letters and numbers, but I've always been partial to those! :D

Anyway, very good job!

4409811293_559b1d05dd_o.jpg

Agreed... this second version is muuuch better. For a white version of this, I'd go with a white base, silver bolts and blue trim (but no colour change of the base colour on the sleeves).

I'd also like to see a horizontal bolt at the bottom (parallel with the hem). I'd have the sleeve bolts on the back narrow to an end at the shoulder, to make room for a nameplate of silver letters. allowing the back number to be moved up. Also a plain silver collar would fit better with the entire jersey IMO.

Great concept Shmee, this is the best thing I've seen from you yet!

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

much better shmee. The only thing I'd work on now is to change the width of the black lightning stripe on the back, because it makes you position the name and number too low on the back. Either widen it, so the name goes in the lightning (though this may make it too busy to read the name), or shrink it so it goes between the brand tag and the name plate. Again, this may make it too busy to read, but you have a great base to work from.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

I dig it, Shmee! Well done!

I'd leave it the hell alone, now. All I'd do for the white is change the blue to white, and BAM, you are done. Maybe, if you feel compelled, change the shoulders to blue instead of black, but thats not that big a deal.

I like the metalic look lightining bolts. The only team that needs them, and you pulled it off very well.

Nicely done!

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

I'd just outline the main crest with black like the numbers on the back so it stands out from the jersey more.

JeffB

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

Thanks for the feedback everyone! Looking back, I really like the second version much more than the first. Just goes to show what some constructive criticism from some supportive peers can do to an idea. Big props to y'all, especially me. :hockeysmiley:

sticksstones4.png

And he's modest, too, folks! ;)

I don't like how far down the name/number ends up sitting on the back, but I'm not sure how to fix it.

I'd also be interested to see a more symmetrical treatment at the bottom, maybe echoing the point the trip makes at the top?

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

I see what you mean about the number/name sitting low.. maybe taking the lightnight stripe, and tilting it.. run it from the BOTTOM of the cuff on the arm, up to the bck of the neckline. That would leave more room under it, and allow the number and name to shift up.

eh? eh? :P

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

Archived