2010 NFL Season

NEW.ERA

Beyond the fact that there are actual football games that count being played, my favorite part of football season is the overreaction of fans immediatly following every single goddamn mother:censored:ing game. It's awesome! :P

+1

The Packers didn't exactly blow the Eagles away like I expected, but NO ONE expected the return of Mike Vick circa 2002. Considering that no matter how good the Packers are doing, they tend to suck when (a.) a halfway competent QB comes off the bench, (b.) they play at a NFC East stadium that's not in Maryland, (and c.) they play Mike Vick, I'm more than happy with the results.

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Eagles just ran damn near the most predictable play possible on fourth and short with the ball game on the line. Great playcall, Andy Reid.

Nice to see Vick play well, though!

No kidding. Dom Capers and his defense clearly weren't expecting to see Vick on the field as much as they did. Vick was making them look silly for almost the entire second half, so why not turn him loose one more time on 4th down?

The Pack were very lucky to escape Philly with the W today.

CCSLC signature.png

For anyone watching this Cardinals/Rams tilt, hopefully you are took notes, as Spags and the Rams magnificently conducted a n in-depth case study on how NOT to efficiently, or effectively, run a two-minute drill. Or manage the clock in said two-minute drill.

Oh and I echo the sentiments about Vick. Dude looked mighty impressive out there today. Good to see him have a good performance like that.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

One week down and the Seahawks are 1-0 after a nice little curb stomping of the Niners.

That's the good news. It's only one game and a single game doesn't make a season (Double cliche, folks).

The bad news: It's off to the old House of Horrors that is Denver next week. In my lifetime, Seattle rarely wins in the Mile High air of Denver.

Unofficial word is that Stafford is out 2-3 weeks minimum, 4-6 weeks maximum. My guess is that he comes back week 8 following the bye week.

It might be a cheap flukey win, but I look forward to not losing to Linebaka if that is the case.

For anyone watching this Cardinals/Rams tilt, hopefully you are took notes, as Spags and the Rams magnificently conducted a n in-depth case study on how NOT to efficiently, or effectively, run a two-minute drill. Or manage the clock in said two-minute drill.Oh and I echo the sentiments about Vick. Dude looked mighty impressive out there today. Good to see him have a good performance like that.

Please. That wasn't a two minute drill, that was a Chinese Fire Drill. I hate Pat Shurmur (Rams OC) and his playcalling and look forward to the (hopefully soon) day when he learns that unlike mentor Andy Reed, there is some accountability in St. Louis.

You also missed Clifton Ryan going Leon Lett in the 3rd Quarter. Game changer, to say the least.

Otherwise, may I direct you to the Rams motto: "All of our victories are moral victories."

/Overreaction

//At least Bradford looked alright.

///7-9 will win the NFC West this year, I am officially convinced.

deadsheep.jpg

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

'Skins in GOLD pants...a small prayer has been answered.

Plus, they scored on their first drive. Gold pants forever (or at least with the burgundy jerseys forever)!!!!

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

It's time to stop obsessing over the old Niners and wanting them to come back, because it's not going to happen

Not sure that "ride your running back into the ground and if they stop the run, crap your pants" was a cornerstone of the Bill Walsh system.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Who else turned on the Green Bay/Philly game today and wondered why the hell the Eagles' uniforms were so ugly?

Honestly I'm just happy the Steelers beat Atlanta today in overtime. Some Browns fans booed my friend hardcore at the dining hall today (she was wearing a Polamalu jersey), so I was silently booing them when I saw 15-9 on the TV, haha. I'd like to see more of basically anybody but Roethlisberger this season.

OhioBobcatsSquareSig.pngPittSquareSig2.pngOregonStateVintageSquareSig.pngve26tk.png

Images thanks to TornadoGTS

Who else turned on the Green Bay/Philly game today and wondered why the hell the Eagles' uniforms were so ugly?

Honestly I'm just happy the Steelers beat Atlanta today in overtime. Some Browns fans booed my friend hardcore at the dining hall today (she was wearing a Polamalu jersey), so I was silently booing them when I saw 15-9 on the TV, haha. I'd like to see more of basically anybody but Roethlisberger this season.

Actually I loved those Eagles unis they looked awesome in kelly green

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Well, those games were interesting... Driver errors kept me from posting until now, but it looks like the Patriots were back to their old selves offensively-speaking, but that defense is still pathetic. As for the Packers game today, they weren't just lucky, they were really lucky that they left Philadelphia with a victory. It seems that both of my teams have defensive issues. *sigh*

I can't wait to see BBTV comment on the Eagles, but it seems the Kevin Kolb experiment didn't work out too well. I'm not a fan of Donovan McNabb in any way, shape, or form. However, it looks like Michael Vick is going to be way better for the Eagles in the long-term.

I was never sold on Kolb, and from listening to every analyst, including the locals in Philadelphia, you would've thought he was the second coming. Not to mention, in every game I watched him play last year he could sure put up some nice statistics when the game was out of reach, but he couldn't win when push came to shove. Besides, it wouldn't surprise me a bit (although I don't see it happening) if Donovan McNabb has a rebirth under Mike Shanahan like John Elway did. Though once again, I'm not expecting the Redskins to win much this year. It always seems former Eagles like Cris Carter, Reggie White, etc. always go on the better things once they leave the City of Brotherly Love.

This isn't meant to be a slam against the Eagles though... just a gut feeling I have about Kolb. If there's any franchise that needs a Super Bowl it would definitely be the Bills, Eagles, or Vikings.

How about those Lions though, Detroit fans... well there's always 2011, or 2012.

No kidding. Dom Capers and his defense clearly weren't expecting to see Vick on the field as much as they did. Vick was making them look silly for almost the entire second half, so why not turn him loose one more time on 4th down?

Why is he on the field, period? I hate that athletes can get away with any crime and never have to pay penalties for them. They just instantly get their million-dollar overpaid jobs back.

Actually I loved those Eagles unis they looked awesome in kelly green

Perhaps "ugly" wasn't the right word. "Boring" sure is, though. Even the wings on their helmets were just plain silver!

OhioBobcatsSquareSig.pngPittSquareSig2.pngOregonStateVintageSquareSig.pngve26tk.png

Beyond the fact that there are actual football games that count being played, my favorite part of football season is the overreaction of fans immediatly following every single goddamn mother:censored:ing game. It's awesome! :P

Well, those games were interesting... Driver errors kept me from posting until now, but it looks like the Patriots were back to their old selves offensively-speaking, but that defense is still pathetic. As for the Packers game today, they weren't just lucky, they were really lucky that they left Philadelphia with a victory. It seems that both of my teams have defensive issues. *sigh*

I can't wait to see BBTV comment on the Eagles, but it seems the Kevin Kolb experiment didn't work out too well. I'm not a fan of Donovan McNabb in any way, shape, or form. However, it looks like Michael Vick is going to be way better for the Eagles in the long-term.

I was never sold on Kolb, and from listening to every analyst, including the locals in Philadelphia, you would've thought he was the second coming. Not to mention, in every game I watched him play last year he could sure put up some nice statistics when the game was out of reach, but he couldn't win when push came to shove. Besides, it wouldn't surprise me a bit (although I don't see it happening) if Donovan McNabb has a rebirth under Mike Shanahan like John Elway did. Though once again, I'm not expecting the Redskins to win much this year. It always seems former Eagles like Cris Carter, Reggie White, etc. always go on the better things once they leave the City of Brotherly Love.

This isn't meant to be a slam against the Eagles though... just a gut feeling I have about Kolb. If there's any franchise that needs a Super Bowl it would definitely be the Bills, Eagles, or Vikings.

How about those Lions though, Detroit fans... well there's always 2011, or 2012.

Yep, awesome.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Why is he on the field, period? I hate that athletes can get away with any crime and never have to pay penalties for them. They just instantly get their million-dollar overpaid jobs back.

He went to prison for 21 months! He is like the one athlete that has paid a penalty for his crimes.

sigpurp.png

---Owner of the NHA's Philadelphia Quakers, the UBA's Chicago Skyliners, and the CFA's Portland Beavers (2010 CFA2 Champions)---

He went to prison for 21 months! He is like the one athlete that has paid a penalty for his crimes.

"Never" meaning "nowhere near as long a sentence as a 'normal' person would get.

Celebrities just get off easy, that's all I'm saying.

I'm not going to defend Michael Vick's actions at all, but I do believe the man has done his time and paid enough of a price for what he has done. I do see how you or anyone else can justify twisting the knife anymore at this point, since it seems the only people who want to do that are individuals who're bitter about not being a famous athlete/or person to begin with. If we, as a country, seriously placed the death penalty (career-wise or otherwise) on everyone who has ever committed a crime in his country, we should replace the stars on our flag with swastikas.

Keep it mind, I'm an animal-lover, who has to babysit my sister's two dogs every other weekend. Not to mention, I've had at least one pet most of my life, so I've interacted with animals on a daily basis since I can remember.

Archived