A Special Concept For Today

IronChefShark

4/20 is a busy day:

-The marijuana thing. I've heard that 420 was chosen because the police code for possesion of marijuana or something is 4-2-0. Don't know how true that is. I've also heard that 4-20 was chosen because it is Bob Marley's birthday. Don't know how true that is either. I never really cared enough to do some fact checking.

-Hitler's birthday

-Anniversary of the Columbine shooting, which many say was done on 4-20 because it was Hitler's birthday.

-Barney Gumble's birthday (the former sloppy drunk on The Simpsons). It was mentioned once in the show that Barney and Hitler had the same birthday.

Oh, and happy birthday w_i_b. Joey Lawrence won't get a happy birthday from me, but I might give him the finger. :D

it is joey lawrence's birthday?

whoooooaaaaaa!

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

Out of all of you, I must admit to have smoked up on 4/20 in the past. The thing is... at the time I was with a group of friends who smoked up alot. And... well... being curious and all... I tried it. It had no effect on me so I thought it would be cool to try it again... and again... etc.

That was when my life started going crazy, school marks went dangerously low, I almost got fired from my job on a few occasions, I didn't know what to do in my life, the weed sure didn't help... and when the group backstabbed me (long story) and purposely screwed me in the only thing I had going for me, I became depressed.

This was a while ago... I'm well over it... I've been drug free for years... but I guess the point I wanted to make is that I'm happy that you all have been fortunate enough not to get yourselves caught into it like I did. It's pretty serious stuff. April 20 does not give me good memories, but I always am greatful cause it could have been much worse.

Oh... and btw... 420 is the police code... it is where it comes from. Happy Birthday WiB!

ccslcbanner_zps5eda8538.jpg

I ABSOLUTELY hate smoking, but i don't have anything against people who smoke, and once, (this was showed to 7 year olds) I saw an autopsy(sp?) of someone who smoked. Black Liver, black lungs, it was disqusting. So, I speak for myself, and other people DONT SMOKE!

P.S, I don't know why I posted this, maybe to go along with the conversation?? :blink::wacko:

:evil:

for the record i have never touched the stuff in question i just know what 420 is...

ditto !

My kids in my Health Class asked me what I would be doing @ 4:20 - then they giggled. I told them I'd be at Track practice. They gave me a dumb look and I told them I knew what 4-20 meant. I told them nobody likes a 'pot head'.

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

Yeesh.. I feel old and decrepit around here.

I experimented in college. I smoked pot several times, got high, felt the buzz... enjoyed it for what it was worth, and now that I'm a dad and have a real job and stuff, I don't do it anymore.

I can understand why some people do, and I don't hate folks who smoke pot.

I do, however, despise folks who smoke cigarettes. People seem to think they have a right to blow smoke in my face, particularly while I'm eating, and it drives me insane. I wish it was legal to hit people in the face with a garden rake.

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

Yeesh.. I feel old and decrepit around here.

I experimented in college. I smoked pot several times, got high, felt the buzz... enjoyed it for what it was worth, and now that I'm a dad and have a real job and stuff, I don't do it anymore.

I can understand why some people do, and I don't hate folks who smoke pot.

I do, however, despise folks who smoke cigarettes. People seem to think they have a right to blow smoke in my face, particularly while I'm eating, and it drives me insane. I wish it was legal to hit people in the face with a garden rake.

I admit... I like a little herb every now & then. In fact, that was the first thing I thought of when I saw this post.

But I feel the same way you do about cigarette smoke... I don't know how anyone could put that in their body, let alone lack the common decency to not do it in public.

BTW, I heard 4:20 was the official time of death for Jerry Garcia. But the only classic rock I'm into is Hendrix, so I never cared to find out how true that was.

snappers_sig.gif

Dubya's thoughts on "terrorist" nations: "They never stop thinking of new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."

Good gosh...I used to write Hip Hop & R&B in L.A. back in the early '90s, and I had NO idea what you guys were talking about...

I feel so afraid and alone...nah.

Still completely drug-free for 41 years!

Ditto. 32 years old, never smoked anything. Ever. I had two parents who smoked, and it was gross. I could never understand why people would willingly stick a lit combustible material in their mouth and inhale it.

I have, however, been in a small room with 10 stoners and a giant bong.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Oh, I've had LOTS of friends who did a lot of bad stuff. I never let peer pressure ever influence me. Actually, I usually end up doing the opposite of what people try to make me do...the "anti-"rebel in me, I guess.

I have, however, hung out with Van Morrison, drank beers with him, and jammed with him with a local band in Switzerland...this, after performing with him in the Montreux Jazz Festival.

No drugs though.

(Van did lots of 'em in the '60s)

Actually, I usually end up doing the opposite of what people try to make me do...the "anti-"rebel in me, I guess.

Yeah, well that's good.

Just make sure you DON'T give money to paynomind. He is very irresponsible. Never give him money! Especially cash. Or checks, even. And don't send him beers. Or hookers. Or your car.

Never.

Don't do it.

ΓΔΒ!

Archived