Brown pants are gone!

PittsburghSucks

You can't tell anything by what teams wear in preseason. Have the Chiefs dropped their red pants? There was nothing in there that said that they "scrapped" them - just that they weren't wearing them the other night.

Exactly.

The Bucs must have dropped their pewter pants too, since they aren't wearing them tonight either. <_<

The Bills easily have the worst "new" uniform and the Chiefs have the worst "old" uniform. The Chiefs unis are tired and dull.....just like their franchise. The Redskins (for the loud 1970's colors) and the 'Boys (with their 198 different shades of colors) are a close 2nd.

The easy fixes for all 3 franchises:

CHIEFS- Add some black trim to the uniforms. They have black on their helmets and its a part of their scheme. Just freshen' the uniforms up to get into the 21st century. Don't have to go wild, but tidy em' up. Scrap the out-of-style striped socks with the white pants (keep them with the red pants). Possibly darken the shade of red (to mimic the helmet color).

REDSKINS- This one is very easy....Dark Burgundy, mustard gold and white. Gold pants and burgundy pants. Keep the current helmet logo on a dark burgundy helmet. Burgundy facemask. If only Lil' Danny Snyder sold the team, this might actually happen.

COWBOYS- Another easy fix... SILVER pants. Not green. SILVER. Navy jersey numbers. Not royal blue. NAVY. Navy blue socks. Not royal blue.

The Browns in all white? Blah.

the bucs have not dropped their pewter pants, they will return by the time the regular season begins.

His Joke

-----------------

Your Head

Also, I agree with Bergan. That mustard yellow facemask is one of the ugliest things in the NFL, IMO. They day that they get rid of that will be a great day. Hell, they could even go to a boring/non-matching grey facemask and it'd be an improvement.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The all-white is good, but they can't wear it all the time. I get tired of seeing that, and just because they don't have the brown pants, this preseason game, doesn't mean they won't wear them this year. I mean last year they wore white pants for every preseason game, and brown for every regular season away game. Every team needs variety or else it just gets boring. This is why I loved the orange pants, they were unique and unlike anything else in the league, same with the brown. But white has been done, and as a Browns fan the all white look reminds me way too much of the 90s and the Couch-Green-Davis-Holcomb days. Thats another reason I hate the orange drop shadow jerseys and white facemasks.

They changed the helmet paint just so they could wear the orange pants, and then they scrap them. I don't get it. I'm with everyone who likes the orange pants at home, and I also prefer them away, though the brown is fine (would be better with stripes that are consistent with the other sets though.)

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

The all-white is good, but they can't wear it all the time. I get tired of seeing that, and just because they don't have the brown pants, this preseason game, doesn't mean they won't wear them this year. I mean last year they wore white pants for every preseason game, and brown for every regular season away game. Every team needs variety or else it just gets boring. This is why I loved the orange pants, they were unique and unlike anything else in the league, same with the brown. But white has been done, and as a Browns fan the all white look reminds me way too much of the 90s and the Couch-Green-Davis-Holcomb days. Thats another reason I hate the orange drop shadow jerseys and white facemasks.

Hallelujah! The Browns actually looked like the Browns last night. But then I go back to the Jim Brown, Bobby Mitchell, Lou Groza Browns when that was THE uniform. Ol' Paul Brown (the most innovative coach in football history, bar none) hit on a winner with that combination of White-White-White and Orange helmet. No pun intended, those Brown pants look like crap. The Browns are one team that doesn't need a lot of "tweaks" to their uniforms. So what if they wear the White-White-White combo all the time? Do not the "sainted" Cowpies wear their White jersey as much as they want? NO BROWN PANTS! EVER!

They changed the helmet paint just so they could wear the orange pants, and then they scrap them. I don't get it. I'm with everyone who likes the orange pants at home, and I also prefer them away, though the brown is fine (would be better with stripes that are consistent with the other sets though.)

I think the current orange color is the 3rd color they've had since the franchise returned in 1999. The first version was a modern/bright orange, then they went to a "pearl" or "dazzle" finish for a couple of years (which was at the same time they brought back the orange pants) and now they've gone to a muted '60s orange.

The red pants were a welcome addition a few years ago. The white on white just makes an already "old" uniform look even older. I'd love for them to go red on red. With their striping, I think it'd be great.

Only because you mentioned it, here's a reminder:

KCchiefsred.jpg

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

I just hate how the pants and helmet stripes don't even come close to matching the sleeve and sock stripes. Is consistency too much to ask for?

Both teams have history, and a tradition of mostly unchanged uniforms. Something your team knows nothing about. So yes it IS too much to ask for, deal with it.

Both teams have history, and a tradition of mostly unchanged uniforms.

The Browns history is littered with losing and dispair.

You can't live in 1960 forever. You could look really good in brown and orange if you tried (which the brown pants attemped to do).

The all white's? Lame.

Attempted retro look, with gray facemasks, etc. Mix that with non-traditional plain brown pants.... Yeah, Cleveland. Makes a ton of sense! Glad they are gone.

How is this any different than with the Jets "attempted" retro look? classic logo and uniform stripes, but add a non traditional green facemask and logo on the front of the jersey? Yeah, New York. Makes a ton of sense!

I like the white-on-white look for the Browns, but I think they could also mix in need to wear their old orange pants once in awhile every game.

Cleveland82.gif

Fixed your post.

I do love the white-on-white look for Cleveland, but the orange pants look awesome with the orange helmet and especially with the striped socks.

I just hate how the pants and helmet stripes don't even come close to matching the sleeve and sock stripes. Is consistency too much to ask for?

Both teams have history, and a tradition of mostly unchanged uniforms. Something your team knows nothing about. So yes it IS too much to ask for, deal with it.

Dude, you totally put him in his place by slamming the team that he cheers for.

Anyway, the Browns "tradition" is around 11 years old, so there's really no reason that they can't be true to the look of the former Cleveland franchise while cleaning things up and making some improvements.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Dude, you totally put him in his place by slamming the team that he cheers for.

Anyway, the Browns "tradition" is around 11 years old, so there's really no reason that they can't be true to the look of the former Cleveland franchise while cleaning things up and making some improvements.

The Browns tradition is over 60 years old no matter how people look at it. The plain brown is awful but some additionz would make for a better look. Plain pants are pretty crappy imo.

Didn't you rant about change-fearing uni traditionalists a while back? Because you're sounding a lot like one right now.

And by the way, the Chargers have changed their uniforms, sure, but they've continued to update them in a classy, respectful, traditional way. They've even kept the traditional powder blues with each revision. If the Browns changed their helmet and pants stripes and actually bothered to make their uniforms look consistent, the world would not end and nobody would die as a direct result.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Archived