Brown pants are gone!

PittsburghSucks

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2010/08/cleveland_browns_scrap_the_bro.html

Cleveland Browns scrap the brown pants

Published: Saturday, August 14, 2010, 7:01 PM Updated: Saturday, August 14, 2010, 7:04 PM

GREEN BAY, Wisc. -- Pre-game notes and observations from hallowed Lambeau Field ...

* The Browns ditched their brown pants and are wearing white-on-white, as the Packers chose to wear their dark green jerseys. Last year the Browns debuted their brown pants look here and kept it for all road games. No word yet on whether this means the Browns will return the brown pants to cold, cold storage in 2010.

:cursing:

Clevelandcavaliersfirstlogo.gif Cleveland Cavaliers Curent Logo.png Cavs New Logo 2017-18.jpg

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

funny. I thought the pants looked good...especially with the way the striped socks and sleeve stripes matched up so well. all the brown pants needed were a stripe pattern of their own...orange-white-orange...and that set would have been great.

something about simple, classic striped white on white uniforms really bores me.

funny. I thought the pants looked good...especially with the way the striped socks and sleeve stripes matched up so well. all the brown pants needed were a stripe pattern of their own...orange-white-orange...and that set would have been great.

Exactly. Brown pants would have looked great with orange-white-orange stripes, but the all brown looked horrible.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

You can't tell anything by what teams wear in preseason. Have the Chiefs dropped their red pants? There was nothing in there that said that they "scrapped" them - just that they weren't wearing them the other night.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

You can't tell anything by what teams wear in preseason. Have the Chiefs dropped their red pants? There was nothing in there that said that they "scrapped" them - just that they weren't wearing them the other night.

And bless them for it. The white-on-white is my favorite Chiefs uniform.

And bless them for it. The white-on-white is my favorite Chiefs uniform.

Poppycock - the red pants were a welcome addition a few years ago. The white on white just makes an already "old" uniform look even older. I'd love for them to go red on red. With their striping, I think it'd be great.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Exactly.

The Bucs must have dropped their pewter pants too, since they aren't wearing them tonight either. <_<

The Bills easily have the worst "new" uniform and the Chiefs have the worst "old" uniform. The Chiefs unis are tired and dull.....just like their franchise. The Redskins (for the loud 1970's colors) and the 'Boys (with their 198 different shades of colors) are a close 2nd.

The easy fixes for all 3 franchises:

CHIEFS- Add some black trim to the uniforms. They have black on their helmets and its a part of their scheme. Just freshen' the uniforms up to get into the 21st century. Don't have to go wild, but tidy em' up. Scrap the out-of-style striped socks with the white pants (keep them with the red pants). Possibly darken the shade of red (to mimic the helmet color).

REDSKINS- This one is very easy....Dark Burgundy, mustard gold and white. Gold pants and burgundy pants. Keep the current helmet logo on a dark burgundy helmet. Burgundy facemask. If only Lil' Danny Snyder sold the team, this might actually happen.

COWBOYS- Another easy fix... SILVER pants. Not green. SILVER. Navy jersey numbers. Not royal blue. NAVY. Navy blue socks. Not royal blue.

The Browns in all white? Blah.

The brown-on-brown was the only way I use the Browns uniforms in Madden. I personally hope they keep them, brown is a unique color in the NFL (go ahead, add your poop jokes) ..well at least it's not another red team or another blue team.

MK8_Iggy.pngMK8_Lemmy.pngMK8_Ludwig.pngMK8_Morton.png

The brown and orange combo at home and white/orange on the road is the way to go for the Browns.

With you on the homes, but I'm fond of all white for the Browns the same way I'm fond of all white for the Bears, Chiefs, and Colts (though they've taken to wearing blue socks on the road). But orange/brown/orange/brown is definitely the way to go at home. So autumnal.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

They're supposed to look bland. They're the Cleveland Browns.

Incidentally, your picture on the "good" side of the alligator isn't showing up for me, so I'm only seeing the so-called inferior all-whites. Combined with the Packers' homes, that's a well-dressed game.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Exactly.

The Bucs must have dropped their pewter pants too, since they aren't wearing them tonight either. <_<

The Bills easily have the worst "new" uniform and the Chiefs have the worst "old" uniform. The Chiefs unis are tired and dull.....just like their franchise. The Redskins (for the loud 1970's colors) and the 'Boys (with their 198 different shades of colors) are a close 2nd.

The easy fixes for all 3 franchises:

CHIEFS- Add some black trim to the uniforms. They have black on their helmets and its a part of their scheme. Just freshen' the uniforms up to get into the 21st century. Don't have to go wild, but tidy em' up. Scrap the out-of-style striped socks with the white pants (keep them with the red pants). Possibly darken the shade of red (to mimic the helmet color).

REDSKINS- This one is very easy....Dark Burgundy, mustard gold and white. Gold pants and burgundy pants. Keep the current helmet logo on a dark burgundy helmet. Burgundy facemask. If only Lil' Danny Snyder sold the team, this might actually happen.

COWBOYS- Another easy fix... SILVER pants. Not green. SILVER. Navy jersey numbers. Not royal blue. NAVY. Navy blue socks. Not royal blue.

The Browns in all white? Blah.

the bucs have not dropped their pewter pants, they will return by the time the regular season begins.

tigersallstars092.png

steelcurtain.png

Archived