Favorite Football Uniforms

Dogeshak

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And the newer...

I really liked the Rams 2000 update with block numbers and side panels -- and I was a fan of their previous two designs as well. I know a lot of people here don't like side panels as a general rule, but in this case I think it was the element that held the design together. It made it OK not to have pants stripes, and it just seemed to flow better IMHO.

marshall-faulk-2000.jpg

I think this 49ers design was superior to what preceded and followed it. I like the black as a trim color, and I like the drop-shadow.

shaunhillramsgallery--nfl_medium_540_360.jpg

Note to Titans brass: Make the helmets light blue with striping to match the pants, and simply wear navy jerseys at home and white on the road....

seahawks081410-_DJP4183--nfl_medium_540_360.jpg

The midnight green, charcoal and black combination really works for me. I do think they should wear green socks with the home set, though.

DeSeanJackson.jpg

1966BroncosMED.jpg64BearsBlasingamelowres-1.jpgKeyeReboundCloseJPG.jpgDUMagnuson.jpg

Actually, you went with a down-grade.

:lol: Agreed.

The serif numbers own that cheap, nasty, boring athletic block any day of the week.

Also agreed. +1.

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

Soem really surprising choices on here....and some incredible photos, especially some of the older ones. Incredible how modern/current-ish some of those classic looks were.

My favs

colts home and away

bears home

bucs red + pewter

raiders home and away

giants home and away

I'll second the moist-making ability of the lions thanksgiving uniform. The best ever IMO.

Not to sound like a homer, but these really are my favorite NFL uniforms. I just hate how the Rams have been wearing white or blue pants the past couple of seasons. The Rams should never wear any pants other than their gold ones.

rams.jpg

NFL-PLAYOFF-RAMS-SEAHAWKS.jpg

Ahh good ol' Marc. :P

These 1969 Oiler uniforms are my all-time favorites, glad to see some others agree with me

399887040_o.jpg?nc=925

These Ohio State uniforms are just beautiful. If the Buckeyes had a nice helmet logo they might be perfect:

401761047_o.jpg?nc=663

FsQiF2W.png

These 1969 Oiler uniforms are my all-time favorites, glad to see some others agree with me

399887040_o.jpg?nc=925

Here's a very similar shot of the road set:

levias-1.jpg

It's interesting to chart the evolution of this era's designs. They started off in '66 with red-white-blue-white-red striping on the pants and helmets, and Packer-like sleeve striping. In '68 they changed the sleeve stripes and went to red-blue-red striping on the helmets and pants. Then for some reason '69 or so they changed the pants back to the '66-67 red-white-blue-white-red stripes while leaving the helmets red-blue-red. Then at some point, I believe, they again matched the helmet and pants striping.

Regardless of the iteration, though, I always loved the combination of red, light blue and silver...

1966BroncosMED.jpg64BearsBlasingamelowres-1.jpgKeyeReboundCloseJPG.jpgDUMagnuson.jpg

marshall-faulk-2000.jpg

rams.jpg

Though many, including myself, preferred the older royal + athletic gold scheme, these-or, at least the top version--at the time, and even still now, were pretty aesthetically pleasing to look at. Navy + (vegas) gold isn't a bad combo on its own...but the oversaturation of navy across the gamut of pro sports has really turned many people, including myself, off to it.

Though, I do have this question, and if CWx is around here anywhere, maybe he can chime in: I'm not sure if it's the sun vs the Edward Jones dome lighting or if my eyes were/are playing tricks on me, but it seems to me the Rams have lightened their vegas gold over the years to almost kind of a champagne color, while the navy seems to have gotten a tadbit darker. I'm wondering if that's really the case, or if they two colors have stayed the same since 2000. Either way, the top photo definitely appears better, color wise.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Actually, you went with a down-grade.

:lol: Agreed.

The serif numbers own that cheap, nasty, boring athletic block any day of the week.

Also agreed. +1.

DISAGREED, -1. :P The serif just made it look like it was trying too hard, especially with the navy shadow. They hit the high point with the block numbers. If athletic block number is cheap, nasty, and boring, then give me that all day. Y'all can have the frilly, superfluous non-athletic serif numbers. :P

However, we can all agree that UCLA has had some great uniforms over the years. That can not be debated. :D

Note to Titans brass: Make the helmets light blue with striping to match the pants, and simply wear navy jerseys at home and white on the road....

That would look fantastic. It would be a double blue look that would follow the design precedent set by the Packers (and others).

PvO6ZWJ.png

[pics]

Though many, including myself, preferred the older royal + athletic gold scheme, these-or, at least the top version--at the time, and even still now, were pretty aesthetically pleasing to look at. Navy + (vegas) gold isn't a bad combo on its own...but the oversaturation of navy across the gamut of pro sports has really turned many people, including myself, off to it.

Though, I do have this question, and if CWx is around here anywhere, maybe he can chime in: I'm not sure if it's the sun vs the Edward Jones dome lighting or if my eyes were/are playing tricks on me, but it seems to me the Rams have lightened their vegas gold over the years to almost kind of a champagne color, while the navy seems to have gotten a tadbit darker. I'm wondering if that's really the case, or if they two colors have stayed the same since 2000. Either way, the top photo definitely appears better, color wise.

I've often thought this too. I'm sure if CWx is around anytime, he could tell us.

It's interesting to chart the evolution of this era's designs. They started off in '66 with red-white-blue-white-red striping on the pants and helmets, and Packer-like sleeve striping. In '68 they changed the sleeve stripes and went to red-blue-red striping on the helmets and pants. Then for some reason '69 or so they changed the pants back to the '66-67 red-white-blue-white-red stripes while leaving the helmets red-blue-red. Then at some point, I believe, they again matched the helmet and pants striping.

Regardless of the iteration, though, I always loved the combination of red, light blue and silver...

It is interesting because from 1966-1970 there was something different each year. Frankly, I still don't have a complete grip on exactly what the Oilers' sleeve stripe patterns were in 1966 and 67.

Note the Ohio State helmet striping in my second pic; if the Oilers had gone with that, those sliver blue, white and red togs would be just perfect.

FsQiF2W.png

Archived