NBA : Chicago Bulls

chickenfish13

Hey Guys.

I've been wanting to do an NBA concept for awhile, and had some time to do it today.

Basically I took the Chicago Bulls logo, and gave it a more modernized look. I know its been done before, but I wanted to take a shot at it.

cbullsprimary-1.png

The secondary is a simple concept,a basketball with bull horns coming out of it.

I looked into the Bulls jersey history, and they have generally kept the same look their entire existance, so I tried to just keep with that. Thanks to Raysox for the template.

cbullsjerseys-1.png

If you guys like this, I think I might do a couple more.

Thanks, and c and c.

Nice job on the primary! On the secondary, the rounded seams on the basketball look crooked, but that's a minor nitpick. Uniforms are pretty solid too, not sure about the arching of the wordmarks though, maybe go with the same style of arch they currently use? All in all, nice job on this one. I like it.

Why would you change a perfect logo? It just looks glossy and less tough. Their current logo looks modern enough, no?

No. It doesn't. Its from 1966, and simple logos like the the Yankees NY cant be updated, but pretty much any animal logo can be.

I think it looks really good cfish, I'd like to see some more

I really like the primary update. The secondary... not to much. Not too hot on the uniform font either. Seems lacking.

_CLEVELANDTHATILOVEIndians.jpg

SAINT IGNATIUS WILDCATS | CLEVELAND BROWNS | CLEVELAND CAVALIERS | CLEVELAND INDIANS | THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

Logo change is good. But new uniforms? Nu-uh.

I agree with this. Really liking the new logo, but the secondary just seems as if the horns were slapped on.

nlog42.jpg

Thanks Dolphins91 for the jersey avatars.

This concept is starting to grow on me. At first look, I wasn't crazy about the primary logo but it's starting to look better. The uniforms are really nice, their current set probably needs a revamp. I'm exited to see what you're going to do with the rest of the NBA.

25yzwqg.png

I love the subtle inclusion of basketball lines on the primary. Great update!

I'm glad someone noticed that ^_^

I'll try and update the secondary as well as the jerseys soon. Thanks for all the c and c guys.

I noticed that as well and liked it! How many current NBA franchises do this with their logos? I had one that came to mind but then it existed my brain.. anyone care to help me out?

AnaheimGrungeSigv2.png

I usually like your stuff quite a bit, but just nothing on this seems to work. Simplifying the lines on the primary should, but it just makes the whole thing look cartoonish. I noticed the basketball in the forehead but don't feel like it adds much. Probably the biggest downgrade on the primary is the addition of white to the brow. Just makes it look off.

That being said, the logo work is good compared to the jerseys. Buster's got it fairly right, by simplifying it, you've stripped all of the personality out of the look, and the end result looks like it a bad replica you'd see on a Wal Mart shelf instead of a professional team. The color balance feels just shot with removing the black from the trim.

I don't know if you were around way back when I did this, but your concept jogged my memory. There's some similar thinking going on and obviously the endgames are the same. If you want to look at it and see if it can spur any ideas to help your bull retain its toughness, feel free.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Archived