Redskins Logo Design

Davidson

Someone asked the other day if I had done either a Vikings or Redskins logo concept, given a half a day home alone, I thought I might take a crack at them.

So here is the Redskins logo.

Redskins-2.png

And a couple of Helmet concepts.

RedskinsHelmet2-2.png

RedskinsHelmet-1.png

Let me know what you reckon.

FD

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If they have to keep the name, this logo is a great way for them to go. Very powerful, even regal. A great way to respectfully portray the mascot with a great blend of past logos mixed in there. I want to say the Gold helmet...but it just doesn't work as well as the Burgundy with this logo. Logo looks perfect to me. It'd be a very unique logo in the NFL (for example, when substituted on the NFL logos page for the current logo like some people do to put their logos in context). Awesome idea and execution.

Something about the face doesn't seem right - not sure if it's the eyes, or the line coming down from the side of his nose, or what, but it looks like he's squeezing out what's left of last night's dinner.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

The 2 feathers are throwing this off a bit. There's a lot of white/yellow/white shapes where the back of the head meets the base of the spear. What if you just used one big feather coming off the Indian head and extending below the spearhead?

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

It's a great concept, as ever, but I do think it's a downgrade over what they currently have, and it seems to be far too bright. Especially as there seems to be a minor groundswell about going to the muddier looking colors of the 2002 70th Anniversary "Spear" unis.

If they have to keep the name, this logo is a great way for them to go. Very powerful, even regal. A great way to respectfully portray the mascot with a great blend of past logos mixed in there. I want to say the Gold helmet...but it just doesn't work as well as the Burgundy with this logo. Logo looks perfect to me. It'd be a very unique logo in the NFL (for example, when substituted on the NFL logos page for the current logo like some people do to put their logos in context). Awesome idea and execution.

Yes, we DO have to keep it and we will.

Anyways, not a bad design, blending of a few eras. I'm not crazy about the yellowish helmet, but used on a gold-tone helmet, could work well. The color scheme they used for the 70th throwbacks would look great.

I like this a lot. Great idea, much better than a lot of attempts to re-design the Skins. I appreciate you not trying to call them the Warriors or something worse. The name is staying.

87Redskins.png

Okay, last one for this evening. I downloaded the skins word type, but I dont like parts of it, so I remade it with a few changes.

Have muted the colours a wee bit, which i prefer, added the chips on the spearhead. I like the red helmet best also, so a similarly recoloured version of that also.

Redskins-4.png

RedskinsHelmet.png

Archived