UW Huskies to wear black jerseys

hawk36

Saw this today from the Daily. Anyone know anything more about this? I know the basketball team wears black jerseys but come on... the football team? Really? Guess Husky football has fallen even further than I had thought.

Link to the story

Could be because Coach Steve Sarkisian seems to have a thing for wearing black, even going back to his USC days.

Sark.jpg

alg_steve_sarkisian.jpg

220px-2008-0808-USC19-SteveSarkisian.jpg

Visit my store on REDBUBBLE

Bah... I agree with one commenter on the article said, too: WHY are they wearing black? Any reason at all? I think UW has some of the neatest uniforms in college football. Don't see why they'd change a good thing.

OhioBobcatsSquareSig.pngPittSquareSig2.pngOregonStateVintageSquareSig.pngve26tk.png

Images thanks to TornadoGTS

Saw this today from the Daily. Anyone know anything more about this? I know the basketball team wears black jerseys but come on... the football team? Really? Guess Husky football has fallen even further than I had thought.

Link to the story

They're just holding the funeral for their 2010 season....already.

87Redskins.png

Link to the story

They're just holding the funeral for their 2010 season....already.

QFT!

RaysHat.giforegonsig.gifDevilRaysRetroHat2.gif

They are mourning Jake Locker's stillborn Heisman campaign.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

soon all 120 teams will have black jerseys. ok, thats an overstatement...but still. It needs to end! Teams entitled to wear black that dont wear it as a reg are:

-Maryland

-Okie State

-Texas Tech

-L'Ville

-USF

-N'Western

-Marshall

-Memphis

-UCF

-Temple

-Ball State

-North Illinois

-TCU

-UNLV

-Utah

-Oregon

-Georgia

-South Car

-Arkansas State

-UL Lafayette

-UL Monroe

-North Texas

-Troy

-Hawaii

if you are not one of these teams, dont touch it.

Well, this ought to be illegible.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Two reasons: Recruiting and merchandising.

+50. That is a huge draw. Here in Eugene, the players often will vote on which uniforms they want to wear on a given day.

Of course the flip side is that as a fan, it's frustrating as hell when you don't know what color your team's jerseys are going to be.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

Two reasons: Recruiting and merchandising.

+50. That is a huge draw. Here in Eugene, the players often will vote on which uniforms they want to wear on a given day.

Of course the flip side is that as a fan, it's frustrating as hell when you don't know what color your team's jerseys are going to be.

The Duck uniforms suck no matter which version they use. Go back to the old green and yellow with Donald on the helmet.

cv2TCLZ.png

"I secretly hope people like that hydroplane into a wall." - Dennis "Big Sexy" Ittner

POTD - 7/3/14

soon all 120 teams will have black jerseys. ok, thats an overstatement...but still. It needs to end! Teams entitled to wear black that dont wear it as a reg are:

-Maryland

-Okie State

-Texas Tech

-L'Ville

-USF

-N'Western

-Marshall

-Memphis

-UCF

-Temple

-Ball State

-North Illinois

-TCU

-UNLV

-Utah

-Oregon

-Georgia

-South Car

-Arkansas State

-UL Lafayette

-UL Monroe

-North Texas

-Troy

-Hawaii

I agree with this in any sport. If black isn't part of the team color, why use it all of the sudden? But then again gray is the typical away baseball color regardless of whether the team has gray in their logo. Same for white jerseys, although white is in most logos, but same idea.

So black is the new gray/white? Those 3 colors are just interchangable as base colors?

But USF doesn't really have much black. It was stupid when they used a black U on the helmet for a while, but finally they changed it for this season to green. The only black they have is the top of their main crest.

2ly2w09.jpg

So black is the new gray/white? Those 3 colors are just interchangable as base colors?

They're interchangable base colors because they're not colors, making a red uniform all of a sudden would be weird for the Huskies, these will be fine, I liked the b-ball uniforms in black.

-Maryland

-Okie State

-Texas Tech

-L'Ville

-USF

-N'Western

-Marshall

-Memphis

-UCF

-Temple

-Ball State

-North Illinois

-TCU

-UNLV

-Utah

-Oregon

-Georgia

-South Car

-Arkansas State

-UL Lafayette

-UL Monroe

-North Texas

-Troy

-Hawaii

Woah, how did USF and Temple get on there? :therock:

Facebook: CustomSportsCovers Twitter: CSCovers

No because when the Irish came to Ireland and first came in contact with the leprechaun people, they didn't take their land away and force them to move west. Instead, the two groups learned to assimilate peacefully. However, certain tribes of the leprechaun refused to taint the pure blood and moved north into the forests of Ireland, only to be seen rarely, usually at the same time of a rainbows appearance and occasionally at the factories of Lucky Charms.

Here's the short answer to the question originally posed: Because Nike is the devil.

Nike is not the devil. Marketing is the devil. Nike makes some really attractive stuff, including uniforms. Problem is, they can't sell the attractive stuff to the borderline fan or blue-chip recruit. In a way, it's more the fault of the consumer than the manufacturer.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Archived