MLB Logo&Uniform changes

UnclearInitial

It will be interesting to see what the Indians do with the whole set now that they're adding an all red hat. And this probably means that Chief Wahoo will be gone for good. The red hats suffer from the same problem as the blue ones, which is that there's no white. There just isn't enough contrast between the navy and red to look good.

EDIT: Just read in the other thread that this is just an alternate home cap and Wahoo is staying.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My guess:

Home: Not much change while they may use red socks and undershirts along with the red caps on certain days

Away: Something along the lines of the 1951-57 away with block Cleveland and the navy block C cap instead of the solid blue Wahoo

Alts: Discard the cream, keep the blue tops paired with solid navy Wahoo caps and (I hope) a 65-69 home throwback with the red block C caps on Sundays

I do hope that the Wahoo caps they'll keep will be reverted to the dark shade of blue used for the block C cap instead of the one they use right now like the Rays, Brewers and Padres...

The Indians hat... is surprisingly really nice.

A white outline around the "C" would help a lot...a whole lot.

On a barely related note, the Orioles would look pretty sharp with an orange alternate cap with a black bill and the old school cartoon bird replacing that wretched "O's" alternate cap.

the heard that the Giants maybe be getting new jersey's based off of the ones from the 80's because fans wanted them... got it off the news.

Actually, fans are clamoring for them to wear, as throwbacks, uniforms that read "World Champions" on them as they did back when they won it in 1905 while still in NY. There's no mention of them returning to the 80's look. Especially when they've actually been to 2 World Series' and won one in the current uniforms.

It will most likely be in the current modern uniform style, and only be worn on opening day (when they get thier rings), and home games against the A's and Dodgers (and the Cubs too, just because)

It would be an absolutely cocky, arrogant, narcissistic, downright smug thing to do.....

tim-lincecum-f-bomb.png they should do it!

San Diego Padres new logo?

I recolor Padres Logo from 1992-2003 I Predict that's is there new logo of it I think?

Look San Diego Padres New logo for 2011 I think?

This is there unofficial new logo.

i hope that is the new logo that looks nice

No it's not. And you don't need exclusive access to know, considering the "recolorer" even said he recolored it.

San Diego Padres new logo?

I recolor Padres Logo from 1992-2003 I Predict that's is there new logo of it I think?

Look San Diego Padres New logo for 2011 I think?

This is there unofficial new logo.

i hope that is the new logo that looks nice

No it's not. And you don't need exclusive access to know, considering the "recolorer" even said he recolored it.

mccall you didnt understand what i said, when i said i hope, it was more of an i wish.

Clippers.gif
UCLA.gif

Don't think this has been posted yet. Officially released on the Indians site:

L-R: Road Alt, Home Alt, Road, Home

TbhGo3R5.jpg

I really love the new road uniform, cap and all. The red cap doesn't seem to work as well.

And what a wasted opportunity. That script mark is beautiful, it just has one too many outlines. This would have been the perfect opportunity to remove one.

TbhGo3R5.jpg

So, the two in the middle are for the big-league club, and the two on the outside are for some minor-league affiliate, right? Because I'm seeing two uniform sets of two here, not one set of four.

They had it so right in 1994. And just like Florida, they've been chipping away ever since.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I love the modern version of that script, and it would be a great uniform set if it weren't for the excessive outlines. The Manny Ramirez era had very clean set, and was good to emphasize red in a division dominated by blue.

Just simple red script lettering with a blue outline, and maybe reversed on the roads. That's all.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

The two block lettered uniforms look great (except for the red cap, the navy one would look better at home too), but now the Indians have the Nationals old problem; uniforms that don't match.

TbhGo3R5.jpg

If you can forgive these for being uneven/ mismatched, the away set, to me, is tremendous. I love the dark grey and de-emphasizing the chief...that could be one of the best away jersey sets in the league. I would say that the Chi Sox have THE best (or one of the best) road look, but dropping the white sock will be a huge downgrade. The overall look is still solid of course.

Does anyone know the release dates for the other new unis and what we can expect to see?

The two block lettered uniforms look great (except for the red cap, a navy one would look better), but now the Indians have the Nationals old problem; uniforms that don't match.

Agree. I also think maybe switching the block 'C' caps would do wonders. The red would help liven up the gray, and the blue 'C' hat already looks nice with the home throwbacks...oh well. I think having 4 hats is a little much, too. Guess they threw everything at the wall. Would be nice to see the entire road secondary be chucked next year. Make the 2 throwbacks your set, with the cursive/ modern script one as an alternate. That way Wahoo becomes an alternate, and we can start moving past that ...

600.jpg

Amazing how much cleaner and easier to read this uniform was, compared to the current overly-fussy jerseys.

I'm gonna disagree with that. It's cleaner, but I think the newer ones are easier to read. I think the red socks, red undershirts could also help this set. Any chance we'll see them?

The Met should really consider royal blue undershirts on the road. It really did wonders for them in the past...also wouldn't hurt to just wear the blue cap on the road, too... I know that's OT, sorry.

Archived