MLB Logo&Uniform changes

UnclearInitial

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cant they make the reds match??

I think they chainstitch the wordmarks, so on the real jerseys I doubt they'd get it to match. That image is a replica I think, and it sucks. Boo Phillies, make your identity even worse why dontcha?

it is. the thing that makes me think it might be legit is because i've never seen a recent phillies jersey in that style and it has all the same tags and whatnot that the other replica jerseys have (home, away, cream alt.). If you go to the site they have up close images of it.

There are rumors of the phillies to introduce a red alt

phils.jpg

Saw this on an online store, just something I never saw before.

I'd like to see the Phillies go with this as a road alt.

What site was it

http://www.footballfanatics.com/MLB_Philadelphia_Phillies/Majestic_Chase_Utley_Philadelphia_Phillies_Replica_Jersey-_Number_26_Red

21dh5qp.png

Saw at Redsfest yesterday (sorry no pictures) that the Reds have new BP/Spring Training jerseys. The backs looks the same as last year, but the front has that script that was on their new spring training facility (someone posted it a while back, it's pretty much 'Reds' in Ballpark Weiner font). They also have no numbers on the front.

They actually posted about it on UniWatch

5227804326_49f4c8b51a_z.jpg

Is that navy blue outlining on the script or black in a different light?

It is black....period. Why would they put blue in a color scheme of red, white & black?

The Reds are also going to be wearing a memorial patch for Sparky Anderson on the right sleeve. Black oval with white "SPARKY" inside.

Believe it or not, this jersey script is VERY similar to a script that the Reds occasionally wore in 1936 and 1937. According to Mark Okkonen's "Baseball Uniforms of the 20th Century" (a GREAT book that I'm sure a lot of you are familiar with), in these two seasons the Reds utilized an alternate uniform set called the "Palm Beach" uniform. The uniform included a small "Reds" script on the left breast of the jersey. For some night games in 1936, they even wore RED pants with this jersey.

Pictures from the book (via "Dressed to the Nines" website)...

1936 nl_1936_cincinnati.gif

1937 nl_1937_cincinnati.gif

EDIT: Yes, I am an idiot. Paul Lukas already noted this similarity on the referenced blog post. Sorry for feeding you information you already may have known.

May God bless you all and fill your hearts with faith, hope, and love!

It is black....period. Why would they put blue in a color scheme of red, white & black?

The Reds are also going to be wearing a memorial patch for Sparky Anderson on the right sleeve. Black oval with white "SPARKY" inside.

The uniform which they took the font from incorporated a lot of blue, could be used on the modern jersey as a throw back touch... but I agree it's most likely black.

21dh5qp.png

The uniform which they took the font from incorporated a lot of blue, could be used on the modern jersey as a throw back touch... but I agree it's most likely black.

Ridiculous idea. Remember, it is the Reds....they aren't going to do anything like that.

That Phillies jersey is exactly what their BP was back in the '90s / early '00s. I wouldn't count on it being an alt. In fact, I'd bet a lot against it.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I think they chainstitch the wordmarks, so on the real jerseys I doubt they'd get it to match. That image is a replica I think, and it sucks. Boo Phillies, make your identity even worse why dontcha?

it is. the thing that makes me think it might be legit is because i've never seen a recent phillies jersey in that style and it has all the same tags and whatnot that the other replica jerseys have (home, away, cream alt.). If you go to the site they have up close images of it.

phils.jpg

What site was it

http://www.footballfanatics.com/MLB_Philadelphia_Phillies/Majestic_Chase_Utley_Philadelphia_Phillies_Replica_Jersey-_Number_26_Red

So i went to the Clubhouse store at CBP, i asked them about the chance of a new red road alt, they said chances are prob not, they have no news on any new jerseys bc on how the phillies are they would have had it come out before black friday. They also did say u just never know there is always a chance one comes out

Phils2.pngPhils_Primary.pngPhils4.pngPhils3.png

I agree with BBTV. I have a BP jersey just like that one which is over 10 years old. I doubt it is a new red alt.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Dr. Kelso: My son is a big baseball fan. Not so much playing it, but more the designing and sewing of uniforms.

Tyler: That's neat.

Dr. Kelso: No, it's not.

phils.jpg

What site was it

So i went to the Clubhouse store at CBP, i asked them about the chance of a new red road alt, they said chances are prob not, they have no news on any new jerseys bc on how the phillies are they would have had it come out before black friday. They also did say u just never know there is always a chance one comes out

It's new. That website has a history of leaking new items. They posted the new Ducks 3rd jersey about 60 days ago and it was just announced last week

phils.jpg

What site was it

It's new. That website has a history of leaking new items. They posted the new Ducks 3rd jersey about 60 days ago and it was just announced last week

i really hope it is just dont think its a new Alt Jersey, but if it is they have to bring back the old inter-league hats and wear it with that

Phils2.pngPhils_Primary.pngPhils4.pngPhils3.png

phils.jpg

What site was it

i'm not saying it is or it isn't because i honestly don't know, but just because the ducks third was leaked, doesn't mean this is an alt for the phillies in 2011. it'd be foolish to jump to that conclusion strictly based on that.

i'll weigh in and say no. besides our list earlier in that thread that says philly is one of the teams making no changes for 2011, i'll call upon some history that, when the phils did introduce their throwback alts in 2007, they did it very early in the offseason. so a braves-esque opening day surprise is, in my opinion, pretty unlikely.

sig2024.png

i could see that happening only if one of the american league charter teams decided to do it. the cubs and braves are the only two original national league teams remaining. if the braves decided to rock the nl patch i wouldn't have a problem with it.

What do you think of the Cubs rocking the NL patch on their uniforms? I'm cool with it. Let's have an AL team also represent. How about the Tigers?

No, not the Tigers. Their uniform has too much history to have a permanent patch added.

The White Sox. Makes sense - Chicago is the only city with continuous representation in both leagues since the AL was founded.

Archived