MLB Logo&Uniform changes

UnclearInitial

Did anyone notice the Rangers wearing their home white uniforms...but accessorising with red helmets /caps and red socks...Is this in any way related to the death of the fan? Was this the fan's favorite look or something?

It's more they've just been playing hot since July 4th, where they wore the red helmets with the white jerseys to match the S&S hat, and so they've been doing it for the winning streak.

However, both teams were wearing black ribbons over their hearts in memory. I expect it to continue at least through the series.

228723_Athletics_Rangers_Baseball.jpg

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did anyone notice the Rangers wearing their home white uniforms...but accessorising with red helmets /caps and red socks...Is this in any way related to the death of the fan? Was this the fan's favorite look or something?

It's more they've just been playing hot since July 4th, where they wore the red helmets with the white jerseys to match the S&S hat, and so they've been doing it for the winning streak.

However, both teams were wearing black ribbons over their hearts in memory. I expect it to continue at least through the series.

Well, not during the whole streak. IIRC they wore blue caps and helmets the last two games against Baltimore.

WIZARDS ORIOLES CAPITALS RAVENS UNITED

That might be the most awkward looking thing I've seen on a baseball field this side of the gradient Devil Rays.

It really is gross. I saw it on the highlights and just went cross-eyed looking at this mess. I didn't wanna be disrespectful if it was in any way connected to honoring the fan who died tragically, but now that I see it's not, I think it's fair to criticize this not-so-hot mess.

What is so bad about being a royal-blue team with red accents. Unless I'm missing someone, for as common as red-white-blue is for baseball teams (too much so !), no AL team sports royal blue besides the Royals (are we even counting the Black Jays???), and there is no royal-blue patriotic-themed team besides the Cubs (unless you wanna stretch and say Dodgers...). So I say go for it !!!

In addition to stripping off all of the 50th patches for next season, I'm guessing/hoping this means a farewell to the redundant "Angels Baseball" sleeve patch, and maybe, just maybe, gold halos full-time.

You're going to be disappointed unfortunately on the halo front.

They are adding something though.

Watching the Giants in orange yesterday, I found something that really distracts me about that look. The cream pants just didn't seem to go well at all with the orange jersey. It's like the colors are too similar to each other that it looks bad. The only way to fix that would be to wear white pants, but then they'd have an unnecessary pair of pants and a pants color that's nowhere else in the uniform.

The cream pants look awesome with the orange jersey and black cap. Btw, there is cream in the outline of the letters and numbers on the jersey so it's not completely out of place.

Watching the Giants in orange yesterday, I found something that really distracts me about that look. The cream pants just didn't seem to go well at all with the orange jersey. It's like the colors are too similar to each other that it looks bad. The only way to fix that would be to wear white pants, but then they'd have an unnecessary pair of pants and a pants color that's nowhere else in the uniform.

The Giants shouldn't have alternates.

I won't argue that at all. White (or cream) and gray are perfect for the Giants. They don't really need two hats either.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

True enough. When your uniform is that good, you don't need an alt. The Dodgers figured that out as well.

i second that but even though i am a huge dodger fan i still believe their jerseys lost their perfection when they lost the white outline they had up until 2006

15533_01_lg.jpg

and as for the giants :evil: i wish they would wear the orange billed cap with the orange jersey instead of wearing them on different days i think they would look perfect together

Clippers.gif
UCLA.gif

There's no need for white outlines with HDTV. All they do is get in the way now and muddle things. The greys look much better now without the white, and truer to old Dodgers uniforms.

The Tigers need to address this soon as well. They're even messier than the Dodgers were. But I'd leave the Royals and White Sox alone, since their designs never went in and slapped the unnecessary white outlines on otherwise acceptable uniforms. Also, the Sox would look like they bought their jerseys from a bootlegger.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

There's no need for white outlines with HDTV. All they do is get in the way now and muddle things. The greys look much better now without the white, and truer to old Dodgers uniforms.

Except for the fact that they forgot to thicken the numbers when they ditched the outline. The numbers the Dodgers use now look like they took their old jerseys with the white outlines, stripped off the numbers, separated the layers, and sewed the blue layer back on. This shouldn't be an issue; the Royals use the thicker single-layer numerals in the same font. For that matter, the Dodgers use the thicker version on the front of their jerseys.

This is how it should look:

mitchell-and-ness-los-angeles-dodgers-32-sandy-koufax-cream-throwback-replica-jersey.jpg

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

In addition to stripping off all of the 50th patches for next season, I'm guessing/hoping this means a farewell to the redundant "Angels Baseball" sleeve patch, and maybe, just maybe, gold halos full-time.

You're going to be disappointed unfortunately on the halo front.

They are adding something though.

Hopefully an "L" to go along with the "A".

Archived