MLB Logo&Uniform changes

UnclearInitial

Does anyone know why the Brewers wore their 1980's uniforms today? They usually wear them one Friday home game a month. Maybe they wore them as a change of pace uniforms given their current slump?

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does anyone know why the Brewers wore their 1980's uniforms today? They usually wear them one Friday home game a month. Maybe they wore them as a change of pace uniforms given their current slump?

Since they won, let's hope that was it. That way they can wear them for the rest of the year and look better.

They sure did ... Here ya go

brewers_6july11.jpg

If the Twins cleaned up that script and lightened up the cream a little bit, those uniforms would be damn near perfect.

As it is, I prefer the throwbacks to the "normal" Twins unis.

1923 1927 1928 1932 1936 1937 1938 1939 1941 1943 1947 1949 1950 1951 1952 1953 1956 1958 1961 1962 1977 1978 1996 1998 1999 2000 2009

Or they can wear these for the rest of the year and look perfect.

MilwaukeeBrewersTATC_RUN_1999.png

Bring back the barrel man AND the Germanic wordmark? You're on.

The jersey is ridiculous, but the hat should have stayed around in some sort of alternate capacity.

Also, it was apparently "Retro Wednesday" at Miller Park.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Maybe I missed the thread or post about it, but the All-Stars for this year have been wearing special caps and jerseys with two stars next to the MLB logo on the back and the All-Star game logo on the side with their regular uniforms in regular games before the break.

I can't remember the league ever doing something like that, but I like it. It's sorta like a merit badge or something.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Honestly, the patch on the sleeve is enough. I used to like the throwbacks, but dammit, wearing them for every game is overkill. I don't care if Jesus was a former Twin, you don't wear an alternate throwback jersey every damn game.

Especially when what they're wearing is hideous compared to other uniforms of the time and horrendous now. It hasn't aged well at all. What's frustrating is that the Twins could have a decent look but insist on this muddled crap.

?Finally start wearing the vests at home for a change of pace.

?Make the "Minnesota" script's font actually match the "Twins" script.

?Ditch the throwbacks.

?Relegate the TC hat to alternate status and update the M cap logo.

?Finally, my favorite idea - switch to purple and yellow. Nobody else wears that color combo in the MLB, and they can fit in with the Vikings. There's too many red/white/blue teams in the MLB and sports in general, anyway.

Once they do all that, the Twins will have one of the best looks in baseball, IMO. Right now, all they have is a jumbled mess with potential.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Since they won, let's hope that was it. That way they can wear them for the rest of the year and look better.

Yep, it was as a slump-buster. It's the first time I believe they've used them for that reason since they debuted them in 2006. And about time, if you ask me:

Gallardo also hatched the idea of having the Brewers wear their retro uniforms as a means of changing their luck.

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/brewers/125080219.html

Honestly, the patch on the sleeve is enough. I used to like the throwbacks, but dammit, wearing them for every game is overkill. I don't care if Jesus was a former Twin, you don't wear an alternate throwback jersey every damn game.

Especially when what they're wearing is hideous compared to other uniforms of the time and horrendous now. It hasn't aged well at all. What's frustrating is that the Twins could have a decent look but insist on this muddled crap.

?Finally start wearing the vests at home for a change of pace.

?Make the "Minnesota" script's font actually match the "Twins" script.

?Ditch the throwbacks.

?Relegate the TC hat to alternate status and update the M cap logo.

?Finally, my favorite idea - switch to purple and yellow. Nobody else wears that color combo in the MLB, and they can fit in with the Vikings. There's too many red/white/blue teams in the MLB and sports in general, anyway.

Once they do all that, the Twins will have one of the best looks in baseball, IMO. Right now, all they have is a jumbled mess with potential.

No. To all but the second.

This is what I came up with before they unveiled the "updated" look in the Fall of 2008.

Minnesota-Twins-wordmarks.gif

I'm gonna re-do the lower case "t" at the end of "Minnesota". It just doesn't look right.

I actually have done an update to match the current Minnesota script from the road. Just got to get it all together. My computer got one of those malware bastards so I've got to bring my flash drive upt to work.

The current twins script is just so... synthetic. It's too perfect, too sharp, too designed. The old one has A LOT of flaws, but it has an organic quality to it that the current "script" can't match. The imperfections actually enhance it in some ways. I can't believe I'm saying this, but IMO going back to the old script (or creating a hybrid or all together new one) would be an upgrade.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

The road uniform should have a matching "Minnesota" script and pinstripes. Oh man, that'd look fantastic. I really don't mind the mismatching home and road uniforms now, though. It's kind of nice having two different looking uniforms.

The vests were awful. I'm not sure about Lights Out's vest fetish but it's unhealthy. I'd like to see a red alternate jersey on the road. "Minnesota" script in navy with a white outline. There's no reason for them to have the two navy alternates they have now.

I wouldn't mind an updated "M" logo on a cap, but just as an alternate. The mistake they made was leaving it the same when they should have sharpened it up like the new "Twins" script.

But really, no one is going to want to see those throwbacks after this season. Even when teams only wear throwbacks once a week, it still feels like overkill.

Archived