MLB Logo&Uniform changes

UnclearInitial

I know this was brought up back in mid-May, but the Astros started wearing the brick caps with their regular gray roadies now almost every game. They also wear brick undershirts instead of black when they wear them (the socks are still black, though).

..And the Astros have been wearing the road grays quite a bit this year. Finally. I'm assuming this has much to do with Drayton selling the team.

The trend is grey for road day games, brick for road night games, all season long. The hat thing started last month.

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cardinals_Brewers_Baseball.sff-ec769d12-120e-44c5-99d3-c6cbaa8a3536.jpg

I know i'm a little late but man how I love seeing the brewers in the mustard colored uniforms for the first time, they look amazing. They should have a regular alternate uni that is this color. I only think it looks good with white pants though, grey pants would not look so great.

I know i'm a little late but man how I love seeing the brewers in the mustard colored uniforms for the first time, they look amazing. They should have a regular alternate uni that is this color. I only think it looks good with white pants though, grey pants would not look so great.

Damn those look great. They should rock that color more often, adds so much character to their identity.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Damn those look great. They should rock that color more often, adds so much character to their identity.

And with the pants stripe and the navy cap, my god it's just beautiful!

aa67d7f09a394c1584a5f7f6b53723bd-getty-109237390dv020_kansascity.jpg

No room for the patch on the sleeves, so now it's a badge?

Yeah, saw that on Sportscenter...odd placement but I guess if they were hellbent on not moving any other element on their sleeves where else would it have gone? The Cards has it as a sleeve patch:

c8dfaab03a33cad263916c30792c2a3f-getty-109237406jc020_royals_cardinals.jpg

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

aa67d7f09a394c1584a5f7f6b53723bd-getty-109237390dv020_kansascity.jpg

No room for the patch on the sleeves, so now it's a badge?

Yeah, saw that on Sportscenter...odd placement but I guess if they were hellbent on not moving any other element on their sleeves where else would it have gone? The Cards has it as a sleeve patch:

c8dfaab03a33cad263916c30792c2a3f-getty-109237406jc020_royals_cardinals.jpg

Because the Cardinals don't have any sleeve patches.

Btw, both teams wore Joplin HS team caps during pregame and then swapped hats with the Joplin baseball players when they took the field. A player went to each position. It was pretty cool to see.

I'm not 100% sure, but from what I could see on MLB Network's highlights, it looked like all of the Rays were sporting he high striped socks today.

Well played, Tampa (if this was in fact the case)

Why didn't KC put the patch on the other side above the K, which is way lower down? I think that would have been way better.

Presumably to be "closer to the heart," we've seen that excuse used before (the Yankees wore their 2008 final season patch on the left for this reason).

Anubis.png

Why didn't KC put the patch on the other side above the K, which is way lower down? I think that would have been way better.

Presumably to be "closer to the heart," we've seen that excuse used before (the Yankees wore their 2008 final season patch on the left for this reason).

The Brewers put a patch over the heart in 1998, when three construction workers were killed during the building of Miller Park. They didn't want to drop either of the sleeve patches.

Dave%2BNilsson.jpg

1_d8347dd1f7afdd0054151faf08afde95.jpg

The Brewers put a patch over the heart in 1998, when three construction workers were killed during the building of Miller Park. They didn't want to drop either of the sleeve patches.

Dave%2BNilsson.jpg

1_d8347dd1f7afdd0054151faf08afde95.jpg

(Anything to see the best uniforms in Brewers history, eh? ;) )

The Yankees also did that with the Steinbrenner patch last season, even though, I believe, the right sleeve was open. There was already one on the left.

And some of the Cardinals have been showing the socks the last couple games to "help" break out of the funk and skid the team was on. (some even cut lines in their hair ala Yadi. Looked weird seeing Ryan Theriot with em.) But hey, seems to have helped. They've won both games since starting this. Also, Holliday's pants were too big to stay hiked up, so he's wearing Red Schoendnist's pants.

261390_10150227252092179_27463012178_7131109_1597482_n.jpg

Both are from 1971. Just curious, but is the gold wrong on the Pirates throwback?

A friend and I have been trying to figure this out. The Pirates - and we believe it was between 1970 and 1976 - wore a darker Gold ("Old Gold") for their uniforms, as opposed to the more Yellow used in their logos. The exact shade has been difficult to nail down, but I think that the graphic I produced for my site is accurate:

PittsburghPirates_FRC_1976_SOL_SRGB.png

RE: O's and Pirates, they are wearing throwback caps too.

The Orioles are wearing black-crowned, orange-billed caps with the cartoon bird head on the front.

The Pirates are wearing old-gold-crowned, black-billed caps with a black P on the front.

Neither team is wearing throwback helmets.

WIZARDS ORIOLES CAPITALS RAVENS UNITED

Not that you would know since only Mark Reynolds wore his pants cuffs above his shoetops, but the Orioles wore the wrong socks last night. Reynolds had black stirrups (couldn't find a picture), but the '71 Orioles wore orange stirrups.

1018_large.jpg

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

Archived