2010 World Series Preview

NJTank

As good as the Phillies are, and as much as I think they'll win the World Series, I don't see them sweeping the Reds. One night the Phils' bats will go cold (probably when Hamels is pitching, which is typical), and Joey Votto will light it up at the plate.

Also think the Twins will give the Yankees more of a challenge. Might even beat them.

Detroit Dragons - 2010 ULL Gait Cup Champions

Detroit Cougars - 2010 and 2011 WAFA Wills Cup Champions

joey hamilton? :therock:

D'oh

I Fixed it

I do give the Reds a chance to win Game 3 but that's it, the Phillies are too good for them. Though I will root for the Reds.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Here it is

I am not the best in terms of grammar. You gave us this:

The only one assured of winning is Bengie Molina who will collect a ring no matter who wins the World Series. Of course those who watch the World Series will also be winners, because this one has classic written all over it. For fans of the San Francisco Giants and Texas Rangers they know nothing but suffering as their trophy case is bare, with neither having won a World Series. The Giants did win a few in New York, but that was a long time ago in a stadium far, far away.

The only one assured of winning is Bengie Molina who will collect a ring no matter who wins the World Series.

Lincecum batters are much better if they can get to pitch 1 and 2 as opposed to3+ than anything other. And their batting average down if they do not swing early.

Here it is

2010 World Series Preview

Comments and your picks?

It's just a hunch but I think Texas sweeps this series. I hope not because I'd much rather see a seven game classic. Still, I just have a feeling that Texas is going to dispense with the Giants in short order.

Here's the one and only time I'll probably ever say this; I hope I am wrong and you're right Tank. :D

BB52Big.jpg

How the :censored: are Cain and Sanchez compared to Wilson and Lewis a "significant edge" for the Giants?

... I would post actual stats and prove my point, but you being you would probably look at things like FIP, BABIP, and the like as "too saber", so I'll just say you're really wrong.

Lol just keep picking against the rangers bud.

Have you not watching Colby Lewis pitch? At all?

You were saying?

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

How the :censored: are Cain and Sanchez compared to Wilson and Lewis a "significant edge" for the Giants?

... I would post actual stats and prove my point, but you being you would probably look at things like FIP, BABIP, and the like as "too saber", so I'll just say you're really wrong.

Lol just keep picking against the rangers bud.

Have you not watching Colby Lewis pitch? At all?

You were saying?

Even a broken clock is right twice a day.

For your sake....as you tend to make the most predictions on here, I wouldn't respond with "You were Saying?" too often, unless you're mentally-stable enough to be given that response for each of your failed predictions.

For me the Giants edge in pitching was always more than the starting rotation. The way they played at least, the Rangers Bullpen could be the worst ever in the World Series, and it was pretty clear Washington didn't trust his closer.

Similarly the Rangers hitting, whilst more powerful was always going to be more reliant on getting streaky. Moreland was the only Ranger to really bring his bat consistently. The Giants don't rely on a couple of guys being hot, they have more, though perhaps lesser, threats.

Also I thought the DH rule played for the NL this year. If Vlad Guerero wasn't pushed out into right field in game 1, the Rangers might have found a way to win that one, and in Arlington it allowed Aubrey Huff to concentrate on his batting and Bochy to sure up the Giants defence.

Overall, even if they did take a game less than I suggested, I am pretty happy with how my pick played out.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Archived