NFL Awards Nike uniform & sideline apparel rights

GottaDeal

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

a poster on volnation who knows inside stuff

it will be announced this week that Nike and New Era will be taking over the NFL contract after adidas/Reebok didn't win the bid. They will be focusing on their recently renewed NBA and NHL contracts.

Nike wasn't thought to be a serious bidder on the NFL contract until they lost the bidding war for the MLB uniform contract last summer.

I for one welcome the fleece pattern on Rams jerseys, as well as the random piping they will adopt as part of their cry for help.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

What was the deal with uniforms before Reebok? I've seen Puma, Nike, and Champion Vikings jerseys before, and a bunch of other brands too.

The teams agreed to deals individually.

I'm reeeeaaaalllly hoping the outcome of the Nike change will be more soccerish and less NCAAish.

New Era I'm not sure about. Will we see more of the :censored: ty looking low profile MLB playoffs type hats or more 5950 style hats...or something new completely?

Makes sense, but then if only one company supplied the uniforms, why have I seen so many different brands making the same jersey? They didn't switch suppliers that often I hope.

Pretty sure that has something to do with no one company having exclusive rights to make replicas.

Makes sense, but then if only one company supplied the uniforms, why have I seen so many different brands making the same jersey? They didn't switch suppliers that often I hope.

Andybody* could make replicas, but only the official maker made game apparel.

* - Anybody who paid the approriate fees. We're talking about the NFL, after all.

As always, correct me if I'm wrong, but that was my understanding.

It's where I sit.

I'm sure all NFL teams will have Pro Combat uniforms. Major upgrade from Reebok IMO. What year does the Nike deal go into effect?

The new rights would take effect after next season. Nike was last on NFL fields with uniform rights in '01, and has since been visible in NFL games only through footwear and glove rights.

spacer.png

erikas | go birds | dribbble 

Nonononononono.

Nike led us to garbage such as the Broncos uniforms.

Nike has ruined college football with its "black for black sake" and obnoxious patterns that have no regard for team history.

And Nike is evil.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Don't the teams have the control of their identities? Nike / Reebok can bring all the wacky designs to the table that they want, but it's up to the team to decide if that's the image that they want or not. I can't believe that the league would do anything dumb like give Nike free creative control over the whole process, or put in the contract that each team will wear a wacky Nikefied uniform at least once per season.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Call me crazy or stupid, but the pro combat jerseys was the first attempt of Nike to convert Football jerseys in Soccer Jerseys, changing the "complete" shirt every year, in other words, more sales.

That´s my point of view.

dragonssignature.gif

Im from Costa Rica...so i dont have a huge english level...understand me

:rolleyes:

Which NFL team do you guys think goes absolutely "Nikefied" out first?

Maybe the Jaguars, they didn´t have an historical jersey because their "short" history, so they can make experiments with that team who (with all the respect) doesn´t have many followers, and see how they reacts

Edit: The Panters are the other candidate, for the same reasons.

dragonssignature.gif

Im from Costa Rica...so i dont have a huge english level...understand me

:rolleyes:

Archived