2010-11 NBA Season

gingerbreadmann

This is embarrassing. Sterling's just lucky that they never show him on the JumboTron at Staples, otherwise HE would be heckled ten times worse by everyone else in the crowd.

That reminds me of the time I saw Al Davis on the jumbotron attending a Laker game at the old Forum; he was sitting courtside. This took place just shortly after the Raiders' move back to Oakland was announced...I never heard anyone booed that LOUD before. He ended up leaving the game shortly thereafter.

As far as Sterling...what else is new?

Anyone who has followed this POS through the years knows all too well. Yeah, Baron has been a major disappointment and deserves the criticism he gets, but this is something you don't make public.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sterling: boooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo Boooooooooooooo You guys stink, who is the idiot that signed all these guys

Sterling's assistant Smithers: Pssst That would be you.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

From NorthJersey.com's Al Iannazzone:

Terrence Williams likely has played his last game with the Nets.

Multiple league sources said the Nets are close to sending the backup guard to the Rockets in three-team trade that also includes the Lakers. This move could impact the Nets’ pursuit of Carmelo Anthony.

The Nets will get a first-round pick from the Rockets and shooting guard Sasha Vujacic from the Lakers, who will receive Joe Smith from New Jersey. More could be involved. Since Smith was signed in the offseason and can’t be traded until Dec. 15, the deal can’t be completed or announced until today.

Williams was inactive for Tuesday’s game against the Sixers. Coach Avery Johnson said Williams was healthy, but was told not to come to the game. The Nets didn’t want to risk him getting hurt.

Nets general manager Billy King had no comment.

The assets the Nets are acquiring could strengthen their position in the Anthony chase.

The Nuggets like Derrick Favors and the two first-round picks the Nets already have offered but want more for Anthony. The Nets could add another pick now or try to include other teams and more players to satisfy Denver.

Apparently the Nets are getting a Lakers pick too. Wonder why they'd be stockpiling draft picks...

Wow, that definitely makes things interesting. I suppose the Nets would be the frontrunner in the Melo Sweepstakes since I really don't know that New York has anything that would be worth giving up (in Denver's eyes) in a deal.

At least there's no mystery team like there was in the whole Cliff Lee deal. :wacko:

Wow, that definitely makes things interesting. I suppose the Nets would be the frontrunner in the Melo Sweepstakes since I really don't know that New York has anything that would be worth giving up (in Denver's eyes) in a deal.

At least there's no mystery team like there was in the whole Cliff Lee deal. :wacko:

Melo has no interest in the Nets. If he doesn't sign an extension, the trade doesn't happen, regardless of who Denver wants to do business with. New Jersey has always been the front runner in Denver's eyes, in terms of putting together the best rebuilding package - Favors, Murphy's expiring contract, and I think it was 2 picks. But they're not going to move anybody for a half-season rental of Melo. As of now, it looks like it's Knicks or bust... unless Chicago is willing to give up Joakim Noah.

"The true New Yorker secretly believes that anyone living anywhere else has got to be, in some sense, kidding."

Melo has no interest in the Nets. If he doesn't sign an extension, the trade doesn't happen, regardless of who Denver wants to do business with. New Jersey has always been the front runner in Denver's eyes, in terms of putting together the best rebuilding package - Favors, Murphy's expiring contract, and I think it was 2 picks. But they're not going to move anybody for a half-season rental of Melo. As of now, it looks like it's Knicks or bust... unless Chicago is willing to give up Joakim Noah.

Are you sure about all that? I could see him going to the Nets. It's not like he's won anything in Denver, and I don't think he's going to. And it's not like the Nets have any other big names to build around (which is why they might be interested in him). And I know it sounds silly, but he's from Brooklyn.

WIZARDS ORIOLES CAPITALS RAVENS UNITED

Are you sure about all that? I could see him going to the Nets. It's not like he's won anything in Denver, and I don't think he's going to. And it's not like the Nets have any other big names to build around (which is why they might be interested in him). And I know it sounds silly, but he's from Brooklyn.

There was a link posted earlier about how Melo ONLY will only go to the knicks. He refuses to sign the extension anywhere else.

Also, the Bulls ARE NOT trading Noah, so dont get your hopes up

sigpurp.png

---Owner of the NHA's Philadelphia Quakers, the UBA's Chicago Skyliners, and the CFA's Portland Beavers (2010 CFA2 Champions)---

There was a link posted earlier about how Melo ONLY will only go to the knicks. He refuses to sign the extension anywhere else.

Oh, ok. I'm sure that his feelings about that have been strengthened even more, with the Knicks playing the way they are playing.

It's going to be interesting to see how this shakes out. Not only is a half-season rental unattractive to the team making the trade - it's probably not the ideal situation for Carmelo either. If a deal doesn't get done and he plays out his contract with Denver, or if he gets sent to a team he has no intention of signing an extension with this season, the free agent contract he'll get over the offseason would be conceived under the new recession-era Collective Bargaining Agreement that is universally expected to be much less player-friendly than the current CBA.

Carmelo and the Nuggets are going to have tough decisions coming up, assuming the anonymously-sourced rumors of his aversion to the Nets are true.

Awesome game @ MSG tonight, the Celtics beat the Knicks 118-116. Wheelchair Paul hits a jumper from the elbow with .4 remaining, & Amare hit a 3 to win it, but it was late by a half second.

Either way, awesome to see that the Knicks are playing relevant basketball again. It just feels right to see two competitive teams play each other at the Garden in big games, instead of the road team using it as a showcase while the hometeam runs around looking like jackasses. So yeah, welcome back to the spotlight, New York.

Awesome game @ MSG tonight, the Celtics beat the Knicks 118-116. Wheelchair Paul hits a jumper from the elbow with .4 remaining, & Amare hit a 3 to win it, but it was late by a half second.

Either way, awesome to see that the Knicks are playing relevant basketball again. It just feels right to see two competitive teams play each other at the Garden in big games, instead of the road team using it as a showcase while the hometeam runs around looking like jackasses. So yeah, welcome back to the spotlight, New York.

Good game. Entertaining game too.

But I cannot stand the Celtics, moreso than ever before.

Those antics, taunting, shouting, and celebrations after the game were unneeded. Paul Pierce runs around the court, bows to the New York crowd. Kevin Garnett continues his trash talking, even after the buzzer sounds. What could you possibly have to say? You just won.

I'm gonna be honest, the only player on that whole team I appreciate is Rondo. He's not loud and obnoxious, he lets his game speak. That's all you need.

Let's have a toast for the scumbags... err... Celtics.

(Kanye reference... if you didn't catch it, haha)

I'll still take the Knicks in a 7 game series, at this point. You're not always gonna have the "greatest shooter in the world" to save your asss.

| BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

I just lost all respect I had for Paul Pierce.

Thank you, I'm not the only one.

For you, it's understandable.

Hell of a game for the Knicks.

I hope the Knicks/Celtics matchup in the playoffs. That would be a hell of a series, judging by tonight's game.

That is pretty funny actually.

It's almost like they did it to be funny... Then again, I doubt it was to be funny.

The game was awesome, sad to see the knicks lose but they showed they can hang around with the best of the East. Also, by the playoffs the Celtics will be 6 months older, so they need to like the chances against them.

BTW, Amare scored his ninth cosecutive 30-point game. Felton has been really impressive, Gallo and Chandler have both upped their game, and Fields is making a strong ROY case.

07Giants.pngnyy.png

The game was awesome, sad to see the knicks lose but they showed they can hang around with the best of the East. Also, by the playoffs the Celtics will be 6 months older, so they need to like the chances against them.

BTW, Amare scored his ninth cosecutive 30-point game. Felton has been really impressive, Gallo and Chandler have both upped their game, and Fields is making a strong ROY case.

Agree with everything you just said.

If Amare' continues, he may have a shot at MVP.

The most improved player talks might get crazy this year as well.

This game was great for the Knicks, ESPN will be all over them now that theyve proved theyre "for real". I'm going to MSG in a week for Knicks-Thunder. When I got those tickets I thought "cool I get to see Kevin Durant play". Now I'm actually pumped for the game

I'll still take the Knicks in a 7 game series, at this point. You're not always gonna have the "greatest shooter in the world" to save your asss.

Really? I would still go with the C's. So much more experience. And it's 2-0 C's this season so far. Don't get me wrong, I have mad respect for the Knicks, and I don't think they are a fluke or anything, but I don't know how well they are going to do in the playoffs.

If you look at their schedule, it's been kind of easy so far. They are 0-2 against Boston, and 0-1 against Atlanta. Other than that, they really haven't played any good Eastern Conference teams. The only division leader they have beaten is the Bulls (who lead the :censored:tiest division in the NBA)

They still haven't faced the Heat, Magic, Lakers, Spurs, Mavericks, Thunder, or Jazz yet. In other words, they have yet to play the 5 best teams in the West, and the are 1-3 against the top 5 teams in the East.

I'm going to have to reserve proper judgment until I see them play some more respectable teams.

Archived